Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,093 members, 7,896,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 06:28 PM

Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre (41746 Views)

Peter Okoye Sets Up A Football Management Agency / Everything You Need To Know About Football Viewing Centre Business / Football Viewing Centers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
starlingbawa:
As the enthusiastic football follower that I am, I 'ALWAYS' pay careful attention and detail to the commentary team and that's because the information(latest) they ditch out during the course of the game goes a long way in strengthening my statistical base.

The reason why I hate football viewing centres is simply because that's the one place you find all manner of football followers who know next to nothing(often times don't even know how to pronounce the names of certain players) yet won't let you listen to the commentary with their 'VERY CLUELESS/BASELESS' arguments whilst the game is playing out.

Pay N11,650 for the average Nigerian just to see the games on Supersport 3 isn't easy by any stretch of the imagination. That I know, but thank God I can afford it and as such I can see the games from the comfort of my home most weekends and avoid getting angry at 'Morons' yelling and ranting ceaselessly at viewing centres...
The most important thing football gives to its fans is fun.knowing all the players ,history or statistics to me does not matter much.
Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Oballer: 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
The ones who shout "Omo mi se kiniyen fun won"...when a favorite player is dribbling...meaning my boy do that thing for them

How everyone starts singing when a losing team's fan stands to leave..."one by one..dem don de go"

the fight between a losing team's fan and a talkative...

3 Likes

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by donnaira(m): 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
Tolexander:
Guys leaving their house after eating what only God knows to be forming 'jelili' inside the viewing centre, farting which gives the smell that oozes out from the H2S container.

Guys coming to viewing centres to look for where ladies are sitting so that he hug them when there is excitement from goal scored.

Guys coming to ask stupid questions like the OP said: na who dey play?
Manchester Utd vs Chelsea!

Who dey home?
Manchester Utd

who dey away?
Id1ot, na Arsenal dey away!
guys who keeps making calls as if its a call center .they say things like ;emeka no sell da tin oo i dey come , i go call latter i dey watch ball etc
guys who will want to eat all the junks that they can lay hands on.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
The guy that refers 2 anyone who does a skill as WORLD BEST

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by vitality22(m): 6:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
Codedboy95:
I don't go to viewing centres
Honestly, you are really missing alot. I subscribe every month in my house but most time I go to a viewing centre. If its a night match, I watch in my house. I just go there to hear the name football fan call the players and hear all kinds of arguements between fans. I always laugh and laugh so much. I don't like watching match alone, I get bored when I watch match alone.
Men its always fun hearing different analyst and world class players i

3 Likes

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
davidflipcy:
These are all true. I hate watching football with chelsea fans most of them are touts they lack basic knowledge of football they only came to celebrate goals"
Fallacy of hasty generalization
Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Olutola88(m): 6:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
davidflipcy:
These are all true. I hate watching football with chelsea fans most of them are touts they lack basic knowledge of football they only came to celebrate goals. The funny part is when their players are not scoring that when u hear different kinds of curses like "oloriburuku ni hazard yi sha". "Ramires u no suppose dey play football ur mate dey sell sugarcane for north"
lol! I think saying most chelsea fans are touts isn't true. Maybe you should have said many. And your assumption that they lack basic knowledge of football isn't completely true. I'M A PROUD BLUE

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
StealthyMe:

What irks me is that some of them dont even know how to play football! undecided
undecided
Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Larow(m): 6:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
What I love most at viewing centres is the kind of English fans speaks mostly during arguements eg I can't be beaten both in premiership and champions league; its a VERY sin; grin

2 Likes

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by kurt09(m): 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
Those that ask silly question like:

Me: Oboy our counter attacking tactic is superb

Silly dude: Which team he dey play for? I want make he score!

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by ogaofficer(m): 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
U all tried, cnt stop lafn. 4 SELSI haters dnt worry d goal 2mao wnt b much compard 2 d last time we met. At most 2-1 with chelc defeatn asena nd winger. Tearz rolling down ma chikz.

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Kaydadon(m): 6:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
When its almost half time,some1 jst come in and ask-bros wetin dem dey play?
1-1...haaa were ni awon eleyi ooo..1-1 goaless draw ni won gba sha. (dis people are mad ooo.. they are playing 1-1 goaless draw)

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Atmmachine(m): 6:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
The witches & Wizard association..
That moment when you see some random guys supporting Swansea or West-Ham.
#Just know they're members of Witches & Wizard Association of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by M4gunners: 6:29pm On Oct 04, 2014
starlingbawa:
As the enthusiastic football follower that I am, I 'ALWAYS' pay careful attention and detail to the commentary team and that's because the information(latest) they ditch out during the course of the game goes a long way in strengthening my statistical base.

The reason why I hate football viewing centres is simply because that's the one place you find all manner of football followers who know next to nothing(often times don't even know how to pronounce the names of certain players) yet won't let you listen to the commentary with their 'VERY CLUELESS/BASELESS' arguments whilst the game is playing out.

Pay N11,650 for the average Nigerian just to see the games on Supersport 3 isn't easy by any stretch of the imagination. That I know, but thank God I can afford it and as such I can see the games from the comfort of my home most weekends and avoid getting angry at 'Morons' yelling and ranting ceaselessly at viewing centres...
You are the most silly human beings i have come across in Nairalanders Did you think you are the only one who can afford N11,650?Mehn pack well.

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by camanito(m): 6:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
Sorry I don't watch football I love Basketball. BB all the way... smiley sad

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
The guy dat sees Messi with d ball and asks "nah messi be dat?", **no nah di maria

3 Likes

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by hensben(m): 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
Suarezilla:
and who cares grin
Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Atmmachine(m): 6:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
That chelsea fan that will pay #100 in West-ham vs Newcastle game just to sleep & enjoy the A.c grin grin

1 Like

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by bonna4u(m): 6:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
Those fans who refuse to sit down after their favourite team scores, as if the replay can only be seen while standing. Thereby denying those sitting behind them opportunity to see the replay.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Heamah: 6:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
deeobserver209:

Base on observations and investigation, I realized that Chelsea fans are among the most responsible set of people you can find anywhere in the world compared to other fans who most times behave like touts. smiley

Nee you are wrong! Gather 1000 "agberos", okada riders, "garage people" that watch football matches, 950 of them would be chelsea fans

2 Likes

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Atmmachine(m): 6:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
The liverpool fan that keeps us updated when Nepa takes light or when the dish signal is bad..
#He checks the scores with his phone & announce to everyone what the scores was. grin

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by tonididdy(m): 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
The guys that are just full of hilarious comments.

Like calling ramirez aboki

And prouncing schurrle as squirrel

Fabregas na pass go kill your mama

One time one guy screamed in excitment,”my mama yansh oh”

6 Likes

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Revolva(m): 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
Nice topic....bros @op at my stage I can never go to viewing centre to watch a football match....there r bars hotels which I can chill relax even if na one bootle I buy....n save all dese yeye questions..though argument in bars always dey sha....
Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by sexzskil(f): 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
Seriously SMH! The world is marching on gallantly and some inferior Black Afrian youths are here wasting away their lives over a useless round object being kicked around fields. Smh There is nothing that can't be used to enslave Africans. My heart is bleeding! I wish i can just go there to wipe them off the surface of the earth. Look at Nigeria still in the mud, Boko Haram just recently slaughtered over 70 innocent souls for crying out loud, chaiiiiiiiiiiii! I see no future for the Black Race. What a shame!
Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Sunshinelady(f): 6:53pm On Oct 04, 2014
Tallesty1:
You didn't include the Giraffe Guy.

He is tall like a tower.

Comes when the hall is almost full.

Finds his way to your front.

Sits and blocks you completely.

And you end up watching his head instead of the game.
. Hahahahahaha
Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Macelliot(m): 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
Tallesty1:
You didn't include the Giraffe Guy.

He is tall like a tower.

Comes when the hall is almost full.

Finds his way to your front.

Sits and blocks you completely.

And you end up watching his head instead of the game.
Really funny! I kept noticing you! Your comments sounds funny atimes... I wanna follow you.
Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Tallesty1(m): 6:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
ibrahym47:
Gosh! I hate those niqas
Hmmmmmmm

bros me............lipsrsealed
Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Agrika: 7:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
sexzskil:
Seriously SMH! The world is marching on gallantly and some inferior Black Afrian youths are here wasting away their lives over a useless round object being kicked around fields. Smh There is nothing that can't be used to enslave Africans. My heart is bleeding! I wish i can just go there to wipe them off the surface of the earth. Look at Nigeria still in the mud, Boko Haram just recently slaughtered over 70 innocent souls for crying out loud, chaiiiiiiiiiiii! I see no future for the Black Race. What a shame!
Babe chill...this thread is comedy at its peak...*takes a look at her pro pic* clears throat...erm! babe u don marry my elder bros is available...chai! u three fine

2 Likes

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
Tolexander:

Guys coming to viewing centres to look for where ladies are sitting so that he hug them when there is excitement from goal scored.

Wow! Never knew ladies pay to enter viewing cenres...thought it was just a guys' thingy.
Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by lusciouslex: 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
O.P, you forgot to mention the 'comedians'. The guys who sound both constructive and destructive about the Live! Action and previous ones all in the name of mockery, loyalty, punch lines, disrespect, mind games, name it!!! For example: He will suggest that Man Utd should sign Drinkwater and Boyce to add to their collections of : Smalling, Young, Blind, Jones(by their names you'll know they've nothing to offer). Also, you'll be swept off your feet when sm1 sympathizes with Petr Cech pouring curses on Okocha for dribbling him black and blue that he sustained his head injury reasons to the fact he is wearing a protective covering. Again, one who spent the last decade in prison is finally out here to watch Arsenal play. He recognizes only Arsene Wenger on the sidelines but non of the players on the pitch. He demands that Henry, Pires, and Kanu should be brought in for the 2nd half of the game if Arsenal wants to win(he is so serious about it). This is why most people both young and old, rich or poor can't resist coming out to the viewing centres.

2 Likes

Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Sunshinelady(f): 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
Suarezilla:
D guy dat barely talks...he just sits there with intense concentration and wud never say a word to anyone **oga r u dumb?**
. Hahahaha, so na dese kine thins una de see? Na wa o cheesy
Re: Types Of People You Come Across In A Football Viewing Centre by Tallesty1(m): 7:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
Macelliot:

Really funny! I kept noticing you! Your comments sounds funny atimes... I wanna follow you.
lol

thanks

you are welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Decorated Footballers In The World / Floyd Mayweather's 2018 Rolls Royce Phantom (Photos, Video) / The U.J Esuene Stadium In Calabar Collapses After Heavy Rain (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.