Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,134 members, 7,907,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 12:12 AM

E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. (5660 Views)

Fayose Dares Buhari On State Of Emergency In Ekiti, Rivers, Says It Won't Work / APC Presidential Rally In Ekiti: Live Updates / What Are The Lessons Learnt/benefits Earned From The Suspended Nationwide Strike/protests? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by Demdem(m): 10:06pm On Oct 06, 2014
Timehin:

I didn't say INECs job is to interprete the law, so dont get me wrong.

Good. In otherwords, because INEC cleared him to run doesn't make it right. If the court deem it fit, it can declare INEC action illegal.
Stop hammering on inec cleared him stuff.....inec can err.
Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
Demdem:

Good. In otherwords, because INEC cleared him to run doesn't make it right. If the court deem it fit, it can declare INEC action illegal.
Stop hammering on inec cleared him stuff.....inec can err.

Hammering How?
Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by Demdem(m): 10:28pm On Oct 06, 2014
Timehin:

Hammering How?

To be fair to u, u mentioned it just once. That's OK.
My position is clear and unambiguous.
Let both parties slug it out in the law court by presenting their evidence in support of their argument. That the people voted for fayose is inconsequential if the foundation is faulty. Let the court decide if fayose is eligible or not.
Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by Max24: 10:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
Tundeajani:
i am sorry i love the people but the law is supreme...emotion is a no no in court.the fact is fayose candidature fell short of the law.simple.even if the whole world voted for him he will be booted out like a common carpenter
I hope you will be there on the streets to shout your supremacy of the law when the people of Ekiti start their revolution. All these pretentious and retrogressive interpretations of the law should be ready for the peoples will. Remember Egypt! The more than 30years law under Hosni Mubarak gave way to the peoples wishes albeit bloodily. Revolution gives power to the people to rewrite the law they want.

3 Likes

Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by insideview: 12:51am On Oct 07, 2014
Tundeajani:
my brother you are still speaking with enotion.everyone knows inec is only claiming to be independent.they are protective of the pdp.moreover their is no time limit for you to bring a case before a court.e-11 are on the track of the law which is supreme...hate them or like them.that is a fact.

Seriously, what gives. In one breathe you postulate that the law supersedes all emotion and in the next you say every one know Inec isn't independent. Kindly breakdown what the position of the law is regarding the clearing of candidates for elections in Nigeria. That "everyone knows" seems like your private position.

Legally a man was cleared, contested and won. Then you now want to put the cart before the horse. . Quoting legalese where it suits you and projecting. Personal opinion where it doesn't?

Propaganda is legal. Believing your own lies is fatal

5 Likes

Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by adavetee(m): 1:08am On Oct 07, 2014
This is actually where the so called E-11 has brought Ekiti to. Whatever is their plan to subvert the popular wish of the people because of their selfish interest shall be dealt a big blow next thursday.

If Fayose is not fit to run, let the runner-up at the PDP primary election take over as refers to the case of Omehia Vs Amaechi 2007. Simple!

2 Likes

Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by chidexy(m): 1:46am On Oct 07, 2014
My thoughts on Ekiti imbroglio:

The swearing in will take place on the 16th of October, with Fayose taking his oath of office and assume leadership of the state. Like in previous election cycle, the greatest loser will be the judiciary - some judges would be disrobed at the end of it all. The worst case scenario would be for the Chief Judge of the state to refuse carrying out his duties, in which case, the NJC will remove him and have someone else replace him and swear Fayose in

2 Likes

Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by adavetee(m): 1:57am On Oct 07, 2014
Tundeajani:
brotherly..pdp warrior no go talk.enu wn ti wo wo..but u can do dem a benefit by explaining in simple language ibi ti owo ofin ti ma mu fayose

For your information this particular section 182.1 of the 1999 constitution has been deleted in the alteration 19 of 2010 and fully amended. CHECK!!!

I know you E-11 Lawyers will be after your clients money and will not want to tell them the truth or probably ignorant of the position of the constitution as regards the shadows you are chasing(Fayemi) inclusive.
Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by Demdem(m): 1:59am On Oct 07, 2014
insideview:

Seriously, what gives. In one breathe you postulate that the law supersedes all emotion and in the next you say every one know Inec isn't independent. Kindly breakdown what the position of the law is regarding the clearing of candidates for elections in Nigeria. That "everyone knows" seems like your private position.

Legally a man was cleared, contested and won. Then you now want to put the cart before the horse. . Quoting legalese where it suits you and projecting. Personal opinion where it doesn't?

Propaganda is legal. Believing your own lies is fatal

Legally Omehia was cleared in Rivers, contested and won. The court came back with a verdict, Amaechi should be governor not Omehia.

Each side of the divide can continue with this till infinity and that explains why we should allow the court to decide based on the laws of the land.
Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by Imokay: 4:58am On Oct 07, 2014
adavetee:

For your information this particular section 182.1 of the 1999 constitution has been deleted in the alteration 19 of 2010 and fully amended. CHECK!!!

I know you E-11 Lawyers will be after your clients money and will not want to tell them the truth or probably ignorant of the position of the constitution as regards the shadows you are chasing(Fayemi) inclusive.

And the evidence of that is from your imagination abi? paste a copy of the so-called alteration and evidence that two-thirds of the state house of assemblies endorsed it. Maybe you're not aware of the process for constitutional amendment.
Walahi Nigerian educated class are mainly dull and ignorant no wonder we are at the bottom of innovation and achievement in world ranking.
Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by insideview: 5:59am On Oct 07, 2014
[quote author=Demdem post=26927836]
[b]
Legally Omehia was cleared in Rivers, contested and won. The court came back with a verdict, Amaechi should be governor not Omehia.

Each side of the divide can continue with this till infinity and that explains why we should allow the court to decide based on the laws of the land.

But Omehia was not the one who won the primaries. His name was illegally substituted by the party AFTER the primaries. There doesn't seem to have been any interpretation of law in that scenario. The courts only redressed an illegality. And in any case Ameachi instituted his case immediately after his substitution before the elections held. So the courts ruled on a pre election matter instituted BEFORE the elections proper.

I may be wrong. Not a lawyer. Just logical opinion.

Whatever happens though, the resort to judicial rascal it smacks of desperation, and on the appointed day Fayose will be sworn in. I expect fast and furious entertainment from Ado in the succeeding weeks.
Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by juman(m): 6:06am On Oct 07, 2014
apc is trying to do dirty trick.

They were rejected by the people of ekiti state for their unconcerned attitude towards the common men welfare.

Fayose was overwhelmingly elected by ekiti people, hence apc guys should live with that.
Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by Demdem(m): 7:24am On Oct 07, 2014
[quote author=insideview post=26928882][/quote]

Yes, his name was substituted but what about INEC? They witnessed the primaries and still towed the path of illegality by first giving Omehia certificate of return until the court right their wrong. Besides, iNEC confirmed the substitution.
There is a law opponents claim was breached as regards fayose eligibility, they are free to address this supposedly wrong anytime they deem fit whether before elections or after elections or even after swearing him in. I don't think such is illegal also unless the court will strike out their plea.
Am also not a lawyer but at times logical reasoning doesn't suggest adherence to the law.
If I am fayose u will by now be assembling the best of SANS the country can offer to plead my cause in the law court instead of assembling thugs to courts threatening judges therby trying to prevent the cause of justice.
Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by insideview: 7:33am On Oct 07, 2014
Demdem:

Yes, his name was substituted but what about INEC? They witnessed the primaries and still towed the path of illegality by first giving Omehia certificate of return until the court right their wrong. Besides, iNEC confirmed the substitution.
There is a law opponents claim was breached as regards fayose eligibility, they are free to address this supposedly wrong anytime they deem fit whether before elections or after elections or even after swearing him in. I don't think such is illegal also unless the court will strike out their plea.
Am also not a lawyer but at times logical reasoning doesn't suggest adherence to the law.
If I am fayose u will by now be assembling the best of SANS the country can offer to plead my cause in the law court instead of assembling thugs to courts threatening judges therby trying to prevent the cause of justice.

Like I said.... my opinion. I leave judicial pronouncement for those trained in such matters.

And yes I expect Fayose has assembled his team. He has not peserved so far by being dull.

But that his ascension will not take place as scheduled, the main point of the whole plot, that one will not fly.

2 Likes

Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by Demdem(m): 7:48am On Oct 07, 2014
insideview:

Like I said.... my opinion. I leave judicial pronouncement for those trained in such matters.

And yes I expect Fayose has assembled his team. He has not peserved so far by being dull.

But that his ascension will not take place as scheduled, the main point of the whole plot, that one will not fly.

What will only stop his ascension as it is now is a court proclamation. Don't be deceive, if this happens it will be illegal for him to be sworn.
This explains why I earlier called on him to assemble his SANS to fight his battles and not useless thugs he parades himself with all day.
Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 07, 2014
Timehin:

I am not interested in PDP but the will of Ekiti voters.
Unfortunately, the law is supreme over the will of majority from a particular section. The same constitution that gave Ekiti power to vote is the same constitution that set the guidelines as regards qualification of condidates. It is supreme and can't be trampled in the name of emotion. Ayo Fayose's case is a case of "The evil that men do live with them"
Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 16, 2014
barcanista:
Unfortunately, the law is supreme over the will of majority from a particular section. The same constitution that gave Ekiti power to vote is the same constitution that set the guidelines as regards qualification of condidates. It is supreme and can't be trampled in the name of emotion. Ayo Fayose's case is a case of "The evil that men do live with them"
Oya talk now.
Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 16, 2014
Tundeajani:
you sound like desperate agbero....incite voilence and end up in jail.nigeria operate on law not thuggery.
Oya talk now! Your fada! 1diot! Talk make I hear you! FOOL!
Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by Tundeajani(m): 2:29pm On Oct 16, 2014
rickkid:

Oya talk now! Your fada! 1diot! Talk make I hear you! FOOL!
congratulations.enjoy it while it last.tge tribunal continues..
Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by Ayed44: 2:54pm On Oct 16, 2014
Tundeajani:
mark my word come october forteen barring any other circumstance you and ngakwe will weep for the man...eku iroju in advance...the handwritings are on the wall omly a fool will claim to be ignorant ad you are trying now
I learnt that Fayose has been inaugurated as Ekiti governor, are u aware too?
Re: E-11 And The Lessons Of History IN Ekiti. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Oct 16, 2014
[/quote]Oya talk now! Your fada! 1diot! Talk make I hear you! FOOL!

[quote author=Ayed44 post=27194945]I learnt that Fayose has been inaugurated as Ekiti governor, are u aware too?

grin grin grin Abeg make una take am easy with those guys

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WHO OWNS LAGOS? / 32 Countries Of Less Than 40 Million People With Bigger Budget Than Nigeria. / Enugu Polls: Apga, Sdp, Pdp Deny Apc Allegation Against Inec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.