Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,820 members, 7,972,936 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 10:30 PM

How Divorce Affect Children (a Must Read For Every Parents/intending Parents - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Divorce Affect Children (a Must Read For Every Parents/intending Parents (703 Views)

Parents Or Intending Parents, You Must Read This / Surrogacy Services Now Available In Nigeria For Intending Parents / Counselling: Strictly For Couples And Intending Couples! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Divorce Affect Children (a Must Read For Every Parents/intending Parents by Austindumas1(m): 9:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
To me divorce is such a big disaster that shouldn't be encouraged, but it seem to be The order of the day now, most marriages hardly last upto 5yrs..
am 17 ,and pushing 18 soon, my parents divorced when I was like 5yrs..I grew up nursing all the pains silently, it affected so many areas in my life... I mean am a boy and I deserved to have my father there for me while growing up but that wasn't the case cause I seldom sees him not to talk of having a normal relationship...
divorce breeds hatred, and so many vices
..if you ever look closely at children who are involved in gang activities, addiction, prostitution and other nefarious activities all have something in common. AT one point in their lives, they become convinced nobody cares about how they feel or nobody seems to understand them; hence, they become frustrated and try to hide it in aggressiveness, rebellion, withdrawal and hanging out with people of questionable characters who introduce them into a lifestyle of crimes.
there's Nothing like a child growing up and feeling loved and not ignored, psychologically it balances them... now I have to be fighting depression, mood swing and other terrible stuffs.
It all depends on the child and the
relationship they have built with their
parents. When my parents got divorced, I
went through various different stages and I
felt so many different emotions. Anger, guilt,
sadness, the feeling of abandonment,
depression, anxiety, and the list goes on. I
was so depressed at one point, that I laid in
bed and cried all day. This lasted for many
years, that I ended up being bipolar . When parents get divorced, it breaks
the foundation that the child is used to. So in
most cases, the child will be unstable until
they find a new "normal" in their life. Of
course, how the child reacts also depends on
age, maturity level, and their understanding
of the over-all situation.

2 Likes

Re: How Divorce Affect Children (a Must Read For Every Parents/intending Parents by PROCTOR: 9:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
Hmmm
Re: How Divorce Affect Children (a Must Read For Every Parents/intending Parents by Austindumas1(m): 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
what?
Re: How Divorce Affect Children (a Must Read For Every Parents/intending Parents by coogar: 9:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
Austindumas1:
what?

women don't care about what you have written....it's always about them & the divorce settlement including anything they can grab. divorce is the leading cause of a broken society - teenage pregnancy, suicide, drug problems, violent crimes, child abuse, etc.
Re: How Divorce Affect Children (a Must Read For Every Parents/intending Parents by Nobody: 12:05am On Oct 05, 2014
It seems the op is an ajebor. Some of us here grew up with a single parent, some grew up without parents. Accept your faith and live your life.

1 Like

Re: How Divorce Affect Children (a Must Read For Every Parents/intending Parents by MabraO: 7:17am On Oct 05, 2014
Mtcheeew
It doesn't affect anything

Nothing kills a black man

1 Like

Re: How Divorce Affect Children (a Must Read For Every Parents/intending Parents by Favourcharles23(f): 10:48am On Oct 05, 2014
as for me n my future hubby, divorce is not an option!

1 Like

Re: How Divorce Affect Children (a Must Read For Every Parents/intending Parents by Katier00(f): 11:08am On Oct 05, 2014
Op i dnt agree with you, what if one of your parents dies? What will happen? If you felt negected, it was the fault of your parents, even if you stay with mum, your dad can visit you or you visit him. Am telling you, its better to grow up in a broken home than to see your parents fighting and nagging everydy . You as a person wont even make a good home because those habits will get into you sub-consciously and in the future, you will find out you are just like your father or mother even when you dnt want to be

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

N3,000 Wakes Up Man From Coma / Kindly Vote For My Girlfriend's Niece / Fun Stuff For Babies, Toddlers & Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.