Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,779 members, 7,875,934 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:18 AM

Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) (2445 Views)

9 Things To Consider Before Buying A Computer For CG (computer Graphics) / Used White Aspire One Mini Computer For Sale 25k..slightly Negotiatble. / Need A Super Computer For Editing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by hola2ng(m): 10:19am On Jul 31, 2006
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by hola2ng(m): 12:49pm On Jul 31, 2006
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by hayprof(m): 1:42pm On Jul 31, 2006
Dem even dey ask for Interest! shocked
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by hola2ng(m): 3:40pm On Jul 31, 2006
hayprof:

Dem even dey ask for Interest! shocked

grin
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by Seun(m): 11:39pm On Jul 31, 2006
When is the government going to face its job and stop meddling with the private sector?

What are they going to launch next? Sovereign Nigerian Forums Initiative? Webmaster Consolidation? angry
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by walel: 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2006
Which kin initiative, the Govt is always running in the wrong direction whats their business in providing computers for all Nigerians? after we buy this so called computers which power we go take use them when we never have light. I think the Govt should focus solely on providing infrastructure; Power supply,Roads and Water. The private Sector will take care of the rest.
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by asscend: 10:49pm On Aug 01, 2006
Its a good thing if they can keep it up and not divert all the computers to government house. Intel has seen a good business ground so there are taking advantage of it but I tell u, this is for all civil servants only. Anyway by the time they finish paying for the computer; it will be so out dated. Smart move by Intel. Private guys can come in and do something similar but might say we will upgrade u every 2years. Thats for people who want to pay instalmentally. Nigerians are known to pay CASHHHHH for goods and services.
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by Seun(m): 8:45am On Aug 02, 2006
EVeryone knows that the government has no business selling computers for "all". Let them face the police, the prison system, the legal system. All they are doing is robbing computer sellers of their rightful profit.
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by hola2ng(m): 11:55am On Aug 02, 2006
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by otokx(m): 2:03pm On Aug 02, 2006
Government should provide first the electricity that will power those computers. What kind of wrong people do we have in our government?
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by hola2ng(m): 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2006
otokx:

What kind of wrong people do we have in our government?

I guess the type that rushes to implement things without due consultations.
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by Aviator(m): 11:41am On Aug 09, 2006
Its actually more of a microsoft initiative,which your government just agreed to,because the same thing was launched here in Ghana about three months ago,and the computers have been on sale for some time now.
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by my2cents(m): 10:06pm On Aug 10, 2006
Seun and the "private sector vs government" debate sef grin I feel you on this one though wink

Anyways, I would say that OBJ would probably want to perfect selling 24-hour electricity first before embarking on this one. What good is a computer without nepa/generator? Abi it is powered off of solar energy? grin
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by hayprof(m): 10:42pm On Aug 10, 2006
No electricity how the fk am i going to use 'dat computer'?
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by hola2ng(m): 1:11pm On Aug 11, 2006
hayprof:

No electricity how the fk am i going to use 'that computer'?

lipsrsealed grin
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by Doristuti: 1:43pm On Aug 11, 2006
I wonder where he will be sourcing out this PC's from, in as much as i will like to believe this project has the interest of nigerians we all know that the fact remains its another way to channel out funds into a personal acct, he should concentrate on finishing projects that are yet to be completed and stop meddling around things he has no clue about how to implement
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by ishmael(m): 5:00pm On Aug 11, 2006
What does OBJ know about computers that he is launching for God's sake? The guy is only trying to make name b4 he leaves ASO rock. Let him try and settle the issue of nigerians owning their personal houses first and not personal computers. After all PC is a secondary if not a tertiary need to nigerians who are hungry. I beg make somebody advice that old man to comot him hand for wetin him no know about. Computer for all ko!! House for all ni!!.
Re: Computer For All Nigerians Initiative (CANI) by Ashdam(m): 6:21pm On Jul 19, 2007
Ashdam Solar Co. Ltd as a company has been born since the year 2004 but got registered (RC 698203) in 2007, the Founders and Directors of the company are Mr. Adeyemi E. Asaleye and Miss Damilola Fadugba-Alfred both graduates in Physics and Solar Energy from Bowen University, Iwo, Nigeria. Our aim is to introduce Renewable Energy Resources to developing countries to meet up with the Millennium Development Goals (MDG) and our main activities and key products are Solar Energy & Back-up Installation/Maintenance, Solar Energy Research & Development, Energy Management and Consultancy, Design, Construction & Sales of Solar Thermal products, Sales of Solar Energy Installation Materials.
For any further information,
Tel: +234 (0) 803 397 8070, +234 (0) 803 428 4936, +234 (0) 802 718 9340
Email: ashdamsolar@yahoo.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
We are at your service, and give the best.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Help On How To Install HP Laserjet 1200 Printer On Windows 7 / I Am Having Graphics Driver Problems / Linux: Rpm Vs Deb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.