Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,427 members, 7,911,058 topics. Date: Monday, 05 August 2024 at 12:40 AM

Showcasing Classic Toyotas - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Showcasing Classic Toyotas (4744 Views)

Mobil 1 5W 30 Engine Oil For Toyotas Now Avaialable / Showcasing Classic Mazdas / Showcasing Classic Bmws (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Showcasing Classic Toyotas by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 05, 2014
Yeah baby, yeah.

Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by peterjero(m): 5:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
@cityng is that red one the gt2000, and mr2 spyder, men Toyota used to make good cars o.
Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 05, 2014
peterjero:
@cityng is that red one the gt2000, and mr2 spyder, men Toyota used to make good cars o.

Yes, the 2000GT and the MR2 TTop.

Toyota did and still makes good cars but one has to take the valleys with the hills with any manufactures.
Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
Let's do some trucks shall we?

Oh by the way, I don't consider the Tundra a Toyota. It goes against everything Toyota stands for and is juts an economic attempt to try to have a go at the Americans with their insatiable lust for oversized trucks. There's nothing Japanese about that hogwash.

Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 05, 2014
Some limo tinzs.

Is that the original big for nothing limo grin

Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
Okay my job here is done.

For those with the Camry coolant leak issues, get a helicoil job and enjoy the rest of your car. One component that failed doesn't tarnish the whole car or brand grin
Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
Man, the black Toyota Crown in the second picture sure brings back memories. My uncle had a beige one, if only I could find one in this present day...

2 Likes

Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by yungboss(m): 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
I like the 2nd limo, is that a crown, Chaser or a corona?
Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 05, 2014
Siena:
Man, the black Toyota Crown in the second picture sure brings back memories. My uncle had a beige one, if only I could find one in this present day...

Sometimes I wonder if there is a car manufactured today that one should buy and just store away.

I'm talking a car that is affordable to mere mortals now and destined to become a classic.

I came close to buying a Cressida a few weeks ago but it was sold before I got there. I am always on the look out for classic Japanese cars.
Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by billy187(m): 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
In primary school, one of my mates always got picked up in a 1971ish toyota crown wagon. Needless to say, that car got lots of stares from us.

I was about to complain about the lack of a supra or even the 1980s corolla Ae86....but then the presence of the 2000gt does that some justice.

That aside, the other toyota's that i love have no business on this list. Cars like the 1990 camry and cressida and the 1985 corolla sedan: y'noe where I'm heading at. Its more of a personal thing.

Gotta love these history write ups from Cityng. Keep 'em coming!

ps: A stretch prius!! What the...?
Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by peterjero(m): 8:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
Your job isn't done show the world what the Toyota century looks like.
Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by yungboss(m): 9:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
CityNG,
please what's the second limo called?
Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 05, 2014
peterjero:
Your job isn't done show the world what the Toyota century looks like.

Except for the MK MR2, I don't have any respect for and don't think have any interest in any Toyota that doesn't have a chrome bumper.
Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by Nobody: 2:53am On Oct 06, 2014
billy187:
In primary school, one of my mates always got picked up in a 1971ish toyota crown wagon. Needless to say, that car got lots of stares from us.

I was about to complain about the lack of a supra or even the 1980s corolla Ae86....but then the presence of the 2000gt does that some justice.

That aside, the other toyota's that i love have no business on this list. Cars like the 1990 camry and cressida and the 1985 corolla sedan: y'noe where I'm heading at. Its more of a personal thing.

Gotta love these history write ups from Cityng. Keep 'em coming!

ps: A stretch prius!! What the...?

One of my friend created this.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/shopping-for-a-unique-daily-driver-the-harley-engined-toyota-prius-is-for-sale/

Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by Nobody: 2:55am On Oct 06, 2014
yungboss:
CityNG,
please what's the second limo called?

I'll research and get back to you.
Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by Nobody: 3:27am On Oct 06, 2014
And just to put things in perspective.

This 1965 Toyota S800 is on eBay for $70k = ~N12million

So before folsk start throwing a tantrum about their leaky heads and stuff and then go off on a rant on Toyota, please remember that sometimes things don't go well.

In the game of auto ownerships there are winners and there are loosers.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Other-S800-Left-Hand-Drive-1965-toyota-s-800-lhd-red-w-blk-interior-houndstooth-seats-covered-/221557733533?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3395deb89d&item=221557733533&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

I'll wager that the original owner paid less than $500 or so back in 1965

Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by Nobody: 3:31am On Oct 06, 2014
This Camry, not sure if it's pencil or eraser or big bosoms grin

but it's $160K = N26,400,000

While it's not a classic but someone chose the Camry platform and not a Saab or Peugeot or Kia to build.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-Camry-RKM-Built-Toyota-Camry-NASCAR-Edition-358-V8-600-HP-/221565867622?forcerrptr=true&hash=item33965ad666&item=221565867622&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by lonelydora: 4:05am On Oct 06, 2014
God punish poverty. That 1965 Toyota S800 make sense die. Imagine driving that car around PH.

1 Like

Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by nurey(m): 8:50am On Oct 06, 2014
my dad has the toyota crown, it is still at Ajah but i guess it must be rusted now and the engine would need serious overhaulling its been years since it was used no pix for now

1 Like

Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by billy187(m): 1:21pm On Oct 06, 2014
How does it sound? In Spank’s words:
“Unmuffled, straight-though big bore
exhaust designed by Basset, because
loud pipes save lives and you’ll need to
drown out the sound of the Earth crying
every time you stomp the throttle that
controls your S&S ‘bug-sprayer’
carburetor.”

That cracked me up! If I ever buy it, its a must to drive right by Greenpeace...during a convention!!

1 Like

Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by peterjero(m): 3:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
I will definitely keep my 1989 Toyota Camry manual transmission in good shape because it will called a classic when it hits 30years, and that's pretty close. It's so painful people don't know the joy we derive from owning a classic.

2 Likes

Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by icemann(m): 7:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
My favorites should be Toyota 2000GT and Toyota crown 150-series.
Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by chucky234(m): 8:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
My grand dad was grooving the Majestic Crown in the 70s and I was previleged to occupy back seat of that awesome ride the day I was born as granny chose to pick I and mum from the hospital.
Supra and 2000GT were one of my favourites back in the days.
Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by yungboss(m): 8:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
Interesting
Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by peterjero(m): 10:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
All of you screaming 2000gt did any of you folks ever had the privilege of seeing it.
Re: Showcasing Classic Toyotas by Raymie(m): 10:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
We still own and drive the estate version of that Toyota Cressida limo. Very sturdy Car. She has been through a lot buh she still drives sometimes.

(1) (Reply)

Nissan Almera Hatchback / Between Corolla 1.8L & Jetta 1.6 Which Is More Fuel Economical? / Made In Aba Electric Kekee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.