Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,065 members, 7,942,836 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 06:08 PM

Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday (826 Views)

Total Eclipse Of The Moon In Nigeria, Others / Total Eclipse Of The Moon To Occur Tomorrow, 8th Oct, 2014 / Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Tomorrow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by MisterLongman(m): 5:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
Vanguardngr:
Total Eclipse of the moon occurs Wednesday
LAGOS—Sky watchers and observers of the lunar system will
notice an extremely rare cosmic sight on Wednesday, October
8, when a total lunar eclipse is expected to occur in different
parts of the World.
The total eclipse of the moon will result in a clash
simultaneous rising of the sun in what scientists have called
“selenelion,” a phenomenon that celestial geometry says
cannot happen.
During the lunar eclipse, the sun and moon will be exactly 180
degrees apart in the sky. In a perfect alignment like this (called
a “syzygy”), such an observation would seem impossible.
The images of both the sun and moon are expected to be
lifted above the horizon by atmospheric refraction. This will
allow people on Earth to see the sun for several extra minutes
before it actually has risen and the moon for several extra
minutes after it has actually set.
As a consequence of this atmospheric trick, watchers in
different locations will have a chance to observe this unusual
sight firsthand, with the possibility of simultaneously seeing
the sun rising in the east while the eclipsed full moon is setting
in the west.
www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/total-eclipse-moon-occurs-wednesday/

1 Like

Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by chinwike2(m): 5:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
Moon ke
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by leonard509(m): 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2014
my tools are ready for observation
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by cannonnier(m): 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
Let see.
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by ferdsmart(m): 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
naija i hail oo
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by Omimah: 5:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
If there are specific cities it will occur we should be made to know.
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by otokx(m): 6:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
I am very sure we will not notice it here in my area of Port Harcourt as NEPA has been dealing with us 4 months now. The areas are UNIPORT, Choba, Aluu, Rumalogu, Ozuoba, Mgbuoba to name but a few.
Re: Total Eclipse Of The Moon Occurs Wednesday by Soneh(m): 8:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
I guess this is non of my business since I dont reside on the moon.

(1) (Reply)

Police-detain-ray-power-journalist / Adamawa PDP Zoning Gone With Fintiri -chairman / Okorocha Has Failed Imo State- Ararume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.