Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,528 members, 7,914,413 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:15 AM

Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality (43683 Views)

Dana House Assembly Plant Sacks All Their Graduate Trainee / The Nigerian Engineer And The Oil/Gas Career Mentality / Old Thinking Mentality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by InglishTeechar(m): 7:37am On Oct 08, 2014
emmabest2000:
Nigeria is Special ...

People like you should go and live in sudan or cameroon for 10yrs and am sure on your return you will realise what a great nation Nigeria is.

Is this not the same Nigeria that people are success stories and are celebrated around the world? If you dont see something good in others how are you suppose to see something in yourself.

All the enemies of Nigeria will perish, they will never enjoy anything in life since they refuse to see anything good.

Its easy to complain and difficult to built...only lazy people chose the easy way, they are possessed with the evil spirit of always complaining and not doing anything to better the situation.

Ask yourself, what is your own contribution to making Nigeria better for all ?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by InglishTeechar(m): 7:40am On Oct 08, 2014
NeChErEnO1:

Dis must be an update by a non-graduate!!! grin

Dis must be an update by a non-graduate!!!

[quote author=jonuel1 post=26944636]

People like you should go and live in sudan or cameroon for 10yrs and am sure on your return you will realise what a great nation Nigeria is.

Is this not the same Nigeria that people are success stories and are celebrated around the world? If you dont see something good in others how are you suppose to see something in yourself.

All the enemies of Nigeria will perish, they will never enjoy anything in life since they refuse to see anything good.

Its easy to complain and difficult to built...only lazy people chose the easy way, they are possessed with the evil spirit of always complaining and not doing anything to better the situation.

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 08, 2014
kaywiluv:

Lolz, saango no fit work for where ℓ̊ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥.
No let me use obatala ooo
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by hawdi(m): 8:43am On Oct 08, 2014
Originalsly:
If I had it my way.....I would have OP on TV every night dishing out the bitter truth about most graduates.....and you right after him testifying! I do think most graduates know this anyway.....but pride is the main obstacle...me?....a graduate seen selling moimoi? ...even if is N500 000/month I rather die!

Ohh! Well...individual differences wink.
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by sallygentle(m): 11:13am On Oct 08, 2014
I love d write up....naija graduates feels too big. they fail to learn trade.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Gynacologist(m): 12:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
Odilafta:
Summary; Explore other avenues even as a graduate and Never despise the days of little beginnings..

*modified*
shocked
FTC=FIRST TO DISVIRGIN THIS THREAD grin
I NO BE GRADUATE O BUT I SHARP PASS SOME WEY JUST LOOK THIS TOPIC PASS AM tongue
99LIKES AND STILL COUNTING
12SHARES AND COUNTING

Removes top,removes bra,holds two oranges and starts jumping grin

See as Pm notifications dey disturb me cheesy
them no know wether I be mammywater lipsrsealed
na dem mammy wata skaskombo d swit pass nah....
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by chinkichun: 2:05pm On Oct 08, 2014
kevinhacker:
when GEJ said that unemployment rate has reduced , some was like "ah but I'm still here 'GEJ don lie again ooo! " but the fact is most of those that came out with good result are well EMPLOYED!

Reading this boosted my hope smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by kevinhacker(m): 2:09pm On Oct 08, 2014
chinkichun:

Reading this boosted my hope smiley smiley smiley
lol, boosted your hope on ?
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by cutiesoglam(f): 3:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
kevinhacker:
when GEJ said that unemployment rate has reduced , some was like "ah but I'm still here 'GEJ don lie again ooo! " but the fact is most of those that came out with good result are well EMPLOYED!
I disagree. It is not most, it. Is a few. We v over 50 univ. Both private n public in nigeria.not to talk abt polys. Ow many of dose who passed out it gd grads ar well employed. Being employed is not d ish. Dey r even paid lesser dan dey worth.
Abegi......d jobs available in the country is far lesser dan the graduates produced every year. 3 batch of nysc each year. Almost or over 2,000 grads in each batch dt passes out.
Mutiply 3. ..n u say wetin ....d sooner we all learn to b creative.d beta

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by kevinhacker(m): 3:27pm On Oct 08, 2014
cutiesoglam:

I disagree. It is not most, it. Is a few. We v over 50 univ. Both private n public in nigeria.not to talk abt polys. Ow many of dose who passed out it gd grads ar well employed. Being employed is not d ish. Dey r even paid lesser dan dey worth.
Abegi......d jobs available in the country is far lesser dan the graduates produced every year. 3 batch of nysc each year. Almost or over 2,000 grads in each batch dt passes out.
Mutiply 3. ..n u say wetin ....d sooner we all learn to b creative.d beta
I think I agree with you. 1LIKE

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by kemsy100(m): 6:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
I think it would av bn better for one to stay n sell d moi moi....u wll still execute d swags.. dan stressing oneself for 4 or 5yrs n later go n hug moi moi...haba!
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by supernigga(m): 7:36pm On Oct 08, 2014
Being a graduate u shld ve better chances of becoming successful,in devlped countries onece u r a graduate with good grades u may surly get a good job. Wen it comes to being self employed the nigerian govt is doin notthing to hlp d situation no good electricity to aid production no good road to for quick and easy transport of goods and pple and tax na sare wole. I know graduates that r self employed but still dey r nt diff to illetrate in terms of success and income I think wat we need is revolution nigerian youth need to revolt againt bad governance for change I think d youth of today r too coward to stand for their ryt and scared to fight injustice.
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by knowledge4(m): 10:57pm On Oct 08, 2014
The Nigerian graduate who in 2014 still has a white collar job mentality is living in a fool's paradise

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by protonz(m): 7:15am On Oct 09, 2014
me no know for u ooo op!!! but me gonna get me certificate *first-class*....get a great job with private car n a chauffeur!!!!
mayb sometime wen am cruising by, I might try or moi moi, to know wat it taste like! smiley
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Montaque(m): 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2014
san316:
Ooh, you are so EVIL. You made two boys lose their jobs for your selfish reason. God will judge you. And come to think of it, they are not graduates o. What do you want them to be doing?
they were settled in their time,Am I really evil? One of them bought a good car lAte last year.
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Montaque(m): 8:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
san316:
Ooh, you are so EVIL. You made two boys lose their jobs for your selfish reason. God will judge you. And come to think of it, they are not graduates o. What do you want them to be doing?
when u settle ur servant, it is celebrated. They r doing well now,so am l really evil?
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by SenatorJames(m): 5:31am On Oct 12, 2014
@op. You are saying the truth, But that is what they make graduates to believe, it will take a longer time for the attitudinal and mental change to be effected.
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by authority2006(m): 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
InglishTeechar:

Your last paragraph is trash. This type of questions always irritate me.
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by buduziri: 8:05pm On Oct 16, 2014
MyX1:
The above comment is the example of a Tipical Nigerian mentality!
Any information about d sss cadet exam, for those in P.H is d result out. I have nt heard anything abt it since i wrote d exam. Pls contact me 08023339304. Tnks
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 19, 2014
nikkflexible:
:Dwalahi u get sense grin abeg place ur orders for ur babes or wives....still coming up tho...na small small
what's up,happy sunday.
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by cisse7575(m): 4:25pm On Oct 22, 2014
im a nigerian spiritual Healer
that Provide Services For Spiritual Healing,
Herbal Healing,
Native Healing,
Spell Casting Services
And solves most problems with sicknesses failed
by other doctors and healers by using the power
of the Holy Quran. i'm an experience in treating
and solving most problems
and complications affecting the majority of people
among the populations in Nigeria . If you have
been suffering with a lot of difficulties and blinded
by not knowing what to do about it ,It is time to
give your self a question that why others are
happy and successful all the time in their lives
while you are not? No matter whatever cultural
background or religious believer you are, but as
long as you’re
a human being this can be the solution of your
problem. BELOW ARE our SERVICES
Prayer from the holy Quran to take away bad luck
& give good luck in life
Fix broken relationships, marriages
Treat pregnancy problems
Fight evil , witchcraft , ghost, bad spell, Curses,
Nightmares & cleans homes.
Bring back lost lover, families, Friends, wealth
& properties
Makes court cases ,divorces , bad debts to
disappear.
Herbs for losing weight
Solve financial and domestic difficulties
Payer to bring back stolen goods.
Sale quick potions to boost
customers in business.
Gain promotions at work place.
Make your admired partner to be yours.
Prayer that can make you have a good
job.
Stop someone to interfere in your love
relationship & family.
Mixtures of herbs for intimate weakness.
Herbs to enlarge your intimate system to
satisfy your partner.
Cure long illnesses.
Treat intimate transmitted infections quickly.
Lucky prayer to increase your wealthy.
Powerful herbs for curing early expulsion.
Work to protect away from car
robbers,hijacker , properties attacks Etc….
Is your husband having an affairs and you
suspect him to cheat on you or a wife?
Is he or she weak in bed or stingy with money?
doesn’t he or she want to give you what you ask
for?
Is there some body jealous with your relationship
and try to separate you? especially relatives?
Is your partner delaying your marriage or don’t
want to give you a child.
I also have the mixed remedies to cure defiant
diseases like:- Asthma, Diabetes, Blood pressure,
long
illnesses, Cancer, lung infection, and many more.
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by nairaman66(m): 8:29pm On Oct 23, 2014
kaywiluv:

Better still, use ​Ɣ☺ΰr certificate to wrap buns for ​Ɣ☺ΰr costomer.

That's harsh!
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Skykid1208(m): 11:09am On Oct 25, 2014
KingsJohnson:
Nigerians and Their Graduate Mentality

The title of this write-up might sound absurd, but it remains the fact. I have discovered that most
Nigerian graduates (even the ones that graduated with a 'pass') rates themselves so high and depends so much on white collar job and when you try to introduce them to little business or jobs, they wouldn't hesitate to
remind you that they are
graduates... If you are a graduate and so what?
They don't think of any thing apart from working in a big company with fine office and a company car lol. I think people
should stop this mentality of believing that going to the university is to gain employment because its really not it. Going to
the university should be to broaden your thinking faculty, enhancing your person/personality, equipping your mind set and acquiring leadership and entrepreneur skills.
Who says a graduate can't be a shoe maker, tailor, vendor, small scale business man/woman,
caterer,etc? A graduate can do all these because the purpose for your education is to help you add swag to whatever
you want to do so as to
differentiate your style and that of an illiterate.

A graduate can be selling
"moimoi", yes you read it right "moimoi"... Just add a little swag to it and you will see bankers, doctors,
engineers, politicians, etc rushing to eat your moimoi... Everything in life is all about packaging, how you package yourself, how you package your business, your relationship, relationplane, relationboat, relationkeke, even relationbarrow, u name it cus all hands are not equal!

White collar job is not meant for everybody, so the earlier you get that into your head, the better
and faster you get yourself self employed and start making it for real and big. Your going to the university is
also to make you an employer of labour. There are lot of people that made it without seeing the four walls of the university, so you that's a graduate should do very much better than them.
The truth is, I don't believe that there is no job, the only problem is that people are sometimes too selective because they see themselves as graduate and can't see themselves collecting peanut as salary. But the truth is, that small job can be what will expose you to the big job you dream of.
Instead of sitting at home, why not just manage it. You sit at home and complain of
how the govt has not reduced unemployment and your mates are busy establishing themselves
in one way or the other.
A graduate can be a hair stylist, just add swag to it and you are good to go.
Some will say they want to start up business, but they are looking for millions to start it up as a
'graduate wey dem be naa' lol. But you can actually start up a small business and grow from
there... Most billionaires started small.
You are a graduate and you have been jobless for years, please take that your certificate and
hide in your box, ask the illiterate millionnaire how he made it and start up something. Stop waiting for the govt, the Nigerian govt that I know will
not change unless God sends a Messiah and I know the Messiah
has come and gone since 2000 years ago. It will not take you time to learn tailoring, baking, catering, trade, Machenic,etc... Imagine all the years you have wasted looking
for a job, you would have started counting at least in thousands by now if you decided to get
yourself self made. Even as you are learning that trade or handwork, you can as well be looking for a job.

So my fellow Nigerians, undergraduates, graduates and postgraduates is time to get things done, become financial independent and goodbye to our greedy and selfish politicians.
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by InglishTeechar(m): 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2014
authority2006:

It will irritate you because lazy fools like would rather sit down and complain rather than do anything to better the situation of the country.
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by InglishTeechar(m): 8:48am On Oct 29, 2014
authority2006:

Now i see why you took after your father who inherited mental sickness from his father, this has been the case with your lineage and will continue for the next one million years…

#LOOFASIREHTAFRUOY <=read aloud from right to left...Arabian Style.
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 29, 2014
InglishTeechar:

Now i see why you took after your father who inherited mental sickness from his father, this has been the case with your lineage and will continue for the next one million years…

#LOOFASIREHTAFRUOY <=read aloud from right to left...Arabian Style.

A really 'mature' way to handle a differing opinion. Really impressive...Really Nigerian
Re: Nigerians And Their Graduate Mentality by NeChErEnO1(m): 8:00am On Nov 11, 2016
InglishTeechar:

wotz dis adaka saying? Bro ar u ok?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Work With A Dead Man's Certificate: I Need Help..please HELP A Nlder / 100 Excavators Worked Together To Dismantle A Bridge Overnight In China(Photos) / What Skills Have You Learnt That Can Earn You Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.