Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,334 members, 7,881,239 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:56 PM

Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market (5207 Views)

Watch How Ladipo Market Was Demolished (Video) / Section Of Ladipo Market Demolished / Ladipo Market Finally Demolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 11:22pm On Oct 08, 2014
Remarkable:
sorry to break it to you, bro... but how many people have you seen leave their business venture and return to their newly created republic?

you don't seem to understand what 'Biafra' means, so all I will tell you is that Igbos will still be in Lagos if Biafra secedes.

Pelee.

If you'd read very well, you'd have noticed 'tipatipa'.

Lilo le'e lo, e'lo keyin ni.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Pele Oooooooo.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by Remarkable: 11:24pm On Oct 08, 2014
is an unprecedented sense of entitlement something to loathe or something to love and emulate? (especially given that it emanates from hard work?)

and what is keeping you from killing them Igbos and copy the behavior of your Hausa & Fulani masters as you always mention it (as if we should quiver each time you say the word "kill" or "killing"wink

Don't tell me its because you are scared....

Lagos is no man's land, so nobody is going back to no where
olatomiwa:
the same way that you will vote a Yoruba person as deputy governor in Imo and Anambra. Your sense of entitlement is unprecedented. If you are not satisfied, go back home and build your states. Quit complaining, at least the Yorubas are not killing you like the Fulanis and the Hausas.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by Remarkable: 11:30pm On Oct 08, 2014
so if the buildings are getting old or out dated... you think if it wasn't APC in govt. the place should not be rebuilt?

Please don't join or help those that want to turn everything tribal or political... see if for the pure and real reason of what it is... business development... hoha! eh?
pelvicky:
Dats APC for you....always blocking the hope of common man..

Vote out APC come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by tsolz500: 11:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
Balkan:
APC always hunting the Igbos.
they want to re allocate the shops
to their Yoruba people like what they did in Tejosho Market.
PDP is the change we need in Lagos state
JIMI and Igbo Deputy governor

One Nigeria

Really? grin
ONE NIGERIA? cheesy
What happened to biafra?
Cry cry baby grin
I thought lagos is tagged "no man's land? "
Yeye dey smell..awon smellos

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by T8ksy(m): 11:39pm On Oct 08, 2014
Remarkable:

and what is keeping you from killing them Igbos and copy the behavior of your Hausa & Fulani masters as you always mention it (as if we should quiver each time you say the word "kill" or "killing"wink

Don't tell me its because you are scared....

Lagos is no man's land, so nobody is going back to no where

Didn't you courageous folks ran back to your caves when the northerners started slaughtering your relatives like roaches? That's the only language you cavemen understands.

Anyway, there are many more "Adekunles" waiting in the wings for the right time to shoot at every Igbos that move or remain stationary.

It's instructive to note that only ibos claim lagos is no man's land.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by tsolz500: 11:42pm On Oct 08, 2014
Calculia:
Lagos State abi na Fashola should finance the building of the market, else we are heading to court, becos we pay tax.

I trust Fashola has set aside finance for the project.

Eko oni baje o!
You pay tax?
Lagos is a no man's land
The igbos have bought virtually all the lands in lekki and they own almost all the houses in lagos..
Uchenna,dont worry, Ifesinachi transport limited will take you to Anambra

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by Remarkable: 11:43pm On Oct 08, 2014
Thank you, sir; we have no problem with that, ask your mayor of no man's land, we Igbos are comfortable with paying taxes to LASG....

we are comfortable with renovating the shops in which we trade... its for our own good(s)!
superstar1:

The write-up did not say the market will be closed... and I am not surprised you did not post the source of this news as the headline might not even be the same...

Your desperation to find something to gloat about over the Igbos, the same desperation your grandpa Awo had) is what made you post an article that indicates renovation of a market and falsely comment on it to give an impression of its closure...
just in case other posters haven't busted this guy yet... y'all should see the original title.. it has no mention of closure in it or in the body...:
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=85154
--
Lol. You wish? No wonder your elders are begging for political appointment.

Just keep working like soldier ants for us, while our economy keeps booming and yours remains at zilch level.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by Genscatter101: 11:50pm On Oct 08, 2014
tsolz500:

You pay tax?
Lagos is a no man's land
The igbos have bought virtually all the lands in lekki and they own almost all the houses in lagos..
Uchenna,dont worry, Ifesinachi transport limited will take you to Anambra

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by tsolz500: 12:10am On Oct 09, 2014
ChinemeOkpan:
I no fit laff grin grin grin grin grin

Tsloz and GeneralSactter make una no kill me with laff

grin grin grin

cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by Genscatter101: 12:12am On Oct 09, 2014
But Lagos is no man's Land shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by Remarkable: 12:13am On Oct 09, 2014
Yes, as long as it is something positive, no qualms...

here's some sauce for you, kid:

For Ladipo traders, new lease of life
http://allafrica.com/stories/200502150934.html

Again, if Lagos is shutting and/or opening her legs as she pleases, Igbos have already inserted the sim card into the phone grin

all I hear on this thread is moans... moans and moans...

funny things about moaning is tis could be good moan... it could be bad moan...

but Igbo boys don't care... let the milking...

biting...

squeezing...
thrusting...
and even the cry of her other b'st'rds continue!

superstar1:
We shut and open the market at will. It is our land, we can do whatever we like with them.

Powerful 10% lording it over useless 110% -- 8th wonder of the world.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by Remarkable: 12:17am On Oct 09, 2014
Who are the mods sef?

This na front page material o!

Seun, Afam4ever? etc... abegi front page!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by Genscatter101: 12:25am On Oct 09, 2014
Remarkable:
Yes, as long as it is something positive, no qualms...

here's some sauce for you, kid:

For Ladipo traders, new lease of life
http://allafrica.com/stories/200502150934.html

Again, if Lagos is shutting and/or opening her legs as she pleases, Igbos have already inserted the sim card into the phone grin

all I hear on this thread is moans... moans and moans...

funny things about moaning is tis could be good moan... it could be bad moan...

but Igbo boys don't care... let the milking...

biting...

squeezing...
thrusting...
and even the cry of her other b'st'rds continue!

Guy, dont start what you cant finish. You are calling for trouble, stop the insult.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by Donfamous(m): 12:48am On Oct 09, 2014
Mhen dis pix are damn too funny

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by tsolz500: 12:58am On Oct 09, 2014
ChinemeOkpan:

Yeske grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

ibos own 100% of Lagos grin grin

These Odua insurgents, una too bad oooo grin grin grin

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by IGBOSON1: 1:00am On Oct 09, 2014
T8ksy:

@ Bolded....................Abi o jare!!!

But come to think of it, i really don't blame them. If we had been giving them the hausa/fulani treatment, they won't have the temerity to be making unreasonable demands.

I dare any one of these mofos to make the same demand in any northern states, chanting their pet "One Nigeria" c.r.a.p and see if the northerners won't start another pogrom on their obdurate fla.t.he.a.ds

Old boy, abeg, don't go there jo!

Ibos are not my brothers. They call me dirty, lazy, smelly, treacherous and every other derogatory adjectives they can muster. Yet they are not satiated 'cause they also went online disseminating spurious and fallacious tales about us and rubbishing our elders. They never cease in telling us how they are going to take over our ancestral land and turn us into their slaves.

Hell No! Yorubas and ibos are not brothers.

Ibos hate yorubas with great passion and we are not exactly fond of them, either.

^^^With every subsequent bigoted and hateful post you make, you sink deeper and deeper into the sewer!

What's stopping you from carrying out the 'Hausa/Fulani treatment'......and what makes you think your own kinsfolk also haven't been given same treatment? You see how hatred is slowly but surely destroying you?

You say 'Ibos' hate Yorubas; and in the case of Yorubas.....you aren't fond of Igbos? You want us to list the grievances and crimes one has committed against the other in this your 'one Nigeria' so we can determine whose grievance is justified, and whose is not?......You go first!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by millionaireman: 8:46am On Oct 09, 2014
Steadmann:

You still don't get it Bro.

Don't worry Bro, they shall come back home tipatipa when you get your Biafra Republic and we get The Oduduwa Republic.

Life Is Good,

Cheers.
Bros, life can be better in Odudwa and Biafra countries, many times more than it is now for an average Yoruba or Igbo. But Oduduwa must first be declared now. Biafra has declared before. But when is Oduduwa declaring Republic? Is it when crude oil in Nigerdelta stops yielding money? Ladipo is Yoruba land, no doubt about that.
Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by millionaireman: 8:48am On Oct 09, 2014
Steadmann:

You still don't get it Bro.

Don't worry Bro, they shall come back home tipatipa when you get your Biafra Republic and we get The Oduduwa Republic.

Life Is Good,

Cheers.
Bros, life must be better in Oduduwa and Biafra countries, many times more than it is now for an average Yoruba or Igbo. But Oduduwa must first be declared now. Biafra has declared before. But when is Oduduwa declaring Republic? Is it when crude oil in Nigerdelta stops yielding money? Ladipo is Yoruba land, no doubt about that. LASG must decide what goes on in Ladipo market.
Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 09, 2014
millionaireman:
Bros, life must be better in Oduduwa and Biafra countries, many times more than it is now for an average Yoruba or Igbo. But Oduduwa must first be declared now. Biafra has declared before. But when is Oduduwa declaring Republic? Is it when crude oil in Nigerdelta stops yielding money? Ladipo is Yoruba land, no doubt about that. LASG must decide what goes on in Ladipo market.

Baba Olowo aka millionareman

You got my message loud and clear

We are yoloba cowardds and we like chopping the free oyel money lol

We are going to declare the Oduduwa Republic after he have exausted the last barrel of Niger Delta oyel.

Oyel money is sweet oooooooo

Life Is Good

Cheers Bro.
Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by Frenchkiss564: 9:09am On Oct 09, 2014
Reading about igbos owing 70% of lagos is so funny to me, the first okada man i meet in lagos is igbo, the first danfo conductor is igbo, and the first set of gala hawkers. Is this how these guys own lagos?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by ola6: 9:18am On Oct 09, 2014
Balkan:
APC always hunting the Igbos.
they want to re allocate the shops
to their Yoruba people like what they did in Tejosho Market.
PDP is the change we need in Lagos state
JIMI and Igbo Deputy governor

One Nigeria

I'll be frank with you. You will not get this in the next 20 Years.

See what APC has done to your people and you are here demanding Deputy Slot that will not happen. What is wrong with you?! Do you even love your people or you are just selfish? Please think!

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by banki(m): 10:50am On Oct 09, 2014
pelvicky:

Vote out APC come 2015.

Clown....

Pdp has been in charge of nigeria since 1999 i can see how the common man has been elavated since then.....
Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by T8ksy(m): 11:05am On Oct 09, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^With every subsequent bigoted and hateful post you make, you sink deeper and deeper into the sewer!

What's stopping you from carrying out the 'Hausa/Fulani treatment'......and what makes you think your own kinsfolk also haven't been given same treatment? You see how hatred is slowly but surely destroying you?

You say 'Ibos' hate Yorubas; and in the case of Yorubas.....you aren't fond of Igbos? You want us to list the grievances and crimes one has committed against the other in this your 'one Nigeria' so we can determine whose grievance is justified, and whose is not?......You go first!

Frankly speaking my dear, i don't give a d.a.m.n (If you think my posts are bigoted and hateful).

Fortunately for you mofos, we are not as crude and barbaric as the northerners but rest assured in due course, you all shall get the kind of treatment, cavemen like you can relate to. In the interim, keep running your mouth and alienating your greatest friend in the country.

Ibos and their "di.c.k measuring" contest with yorubas, sha! I do not care if your hatred for me and my people is justified or not and i certainly don't need you to validate my dislike for your ilk.

The whole damn country was predicated on the altar of greed, hate, suspicion and distrust.

The northerners never wanted one Nigeria (and they let you ibos know this in 1945 and again in 1953) and neither did the yorubas. It was only you ibos that wanted one Nigeria and the reasons are not far-fetched hence no sooner did we get our independence from the brits than the northerners shut the door to your covetous and greedy nature (to their region) by instituting the northernisation policy.

There is no unity in our one united Nigeria . In fact, there’s no love among the ethnic compositions of Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by maestroferddi: 12:27pm On Oct 09, 2014
berem:
you are very correct!
Fashola and Tinubu before him have been targeting Igbo markets since they came to power under the guise of development.

The only marketss outside this persistent harassment and intimidation are the BBA (Balogun) and Aspamda Trade Fair Complex which are under the purview of the Federal Government. Even at that, it has always been a cat and mouse game.

The experience of the traders with Lagos State government owned markets leaves much to be desired.

First it was Tejuosho market, now it is Ladipo and the next certainly will be Alaba International. The question should be what happened to other markets in Lagos like the ones in Idumota- Lagos Island axis? Are the authorities in Lagos purporting to love the Igbos more than they love their kith and kin?

It is very easy to dismiss the concerns of the traders, but the experience from similar exercises in the past shows that the traders are in for a very unpalatable experience. Infact, Ladipo market as we all know it will cease to exist. Just watch out for the manner of allocation and the nepotism/tribalism that would accompany same.

In any case, the Igbos have themselves to blame...
Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 12:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
maestroferddi:
Fashola and Tinubu before him have been targeting Igbo markets since they came to power under the guise of development.

The only marketss outside this persistent harassment and intimidation are the BBA (Balogun) and Aspamda Trade Fair Complexe which are under the purview of the Federal Government. Even at that, it has always been a cat and mouse game.

The experience of the traders with Lagos State government owned markets leaves much to be desired.

First it was Tejuosho market, now it is Ladipo and the next certainly will be Alaba International. The question should be what happened to other markets in Lagos like the ones in Idumota- Lagos Island axis? Are the authorities in Lagos purporting to love the Igbos more than they love their kith and kin?

It is very easy to dismiss the concerns of the traders, but the experience from similar exercises in the past shows that the traders are in for a very unpalatable experience. Infact, Ladipo market as we all know it will cease to exist. Just watch out for the manner of allocation and the nepotism/tribalism that would accompany same.

In any case, the Igbos have themselves to blame...
I heard from a reliable source that Ojo Alaba market will be relocated soon. Dunno how true it is.
Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by RareDiamonds: 12:47pm On Oct 09, 2014
Lagos was developed by all Nigerians. Hence, all Nigerians must reap all the advantages and benefits Lagos has to offer. Without the huge collective efforts of all Nigerians Lagos would have been like the rest of Yoruba Odua land which is a big slum.

Below are some pictures of y0roba land

Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by Pataki: 12:51pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ngwakwe:
The Government took the right decision. It's not as if they were left without hope.

Rebuild and reoccupy is not a bad idea.

Really? So when are we going to rebuild and reoccupy Onitsha market? cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 09, 2014
Like many Odekunle were in Ore when the Gambaris ransacked them and killed scores, like Odekunle defended them when Ilorin was captured without a gunshot or when a conehead was killed in Mile2 and his corpse dump in the gutter.

We know you guys nobi mouth

T8ksy:

Didn't you courageous folks ran back to your caves when the northerners started slaughtering your relatives like roaches? That's the only language you cavemen understands.

Anyway, there are many more "Adekunles" waiting in the wings for the right time to shoot at every Igbos that move or remain stationary.

It's instructive to note that only ibos claim lagos is no man's land.
Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by arresa: 2:34pm On Oct 09, 2014
pelvicky:

Vote out APC come 2015.

What is the hope of the common man? To exist and make a living in a dirty, unkempt, unsafe and non conducive environment? Must the common man remain and solely exist in dirty and backward environment?

People like you and your warped and backward mentality are the enemies of the common man..
Re: Lagos Orders Closure and Reconstruction Of Ladipo Market by macof(m): 2:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
All I know is Oduduwa must be an independent nation in my lifetime

(1) (2) (Reply)

Things To Consider Before You Choose An Online Business Model / Letter Of Introduction / Recruitment Of Staffs / Coal And Charcoal For Sale: Buyers Or Exporters Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.