Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,087 members, 7,880,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:35 PM

I Love You: Is It Just An Ordinary Word? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Love You: Is It Just An Ordinary Word? (589 Views)

Abortion: See What My Gf Texted Another Guy Says "It's Just A Joke" / I Love You: 15 Ways Guys Say It Without Saying It / Is It Just Natural That You Miss Your Ex? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Love You: Is It Just An Ordinary Word? by mumumugu(m): 12:52am On Oct 09, 2014
One of the beautiful moments in a relationship is when proposals are to be made or accepted. Several words are used in making proposals. Engagement bands are used in ‘engaging’ the partner or different strategies are employed, both western or African.
Among the words often used, the most emotional soothing phrase is ‘I Love you’. As much as it has caused some ladies sleepless night, it has also shattered many hearts in disguise. Is it just an empty phrase?
Many have being told this phrase, yet it has lost its value. To some, it has become a rhyme. While to some, they only hear it once in a blue moon or say it when they need to get ‘something’ from their partner or spouse.
What’s in this phrase – ‘I love you’? Here are few things you need to know or do before uttering this phrase to your spouse/partner or allowing it to influence you negatively.

It Carries Responsibilities
Many people just utter this phrase without knowing it’s a word that makes them responsible to whom they utter it to. ‘I love you’ shouldn’t be taken lightly. It’s a word that makes you obliged to your partner. You’ll be under obligation to him/her in terms of love, attention, affection, support and care.
A lot of people utter this words and run from the obligatory aspect of it. Ladies, don’t melt when a man tells you he loves you without fulfilling any positive obligation. It is not an avenue for sex.
It’s a Word That Comes With Commitment
Are you ready to be committed to one person for the rest of your life? You can love everybody but there’s a special person that requires this phrase in its full embodiment.
To love him/her implies that you’re ready to be committed whether he/she gives you what you need or not. While we’re yet sinners, Christ loved us and He gave Himself to us. If you’re not ready to be committed to him/her despite his/her imperfections, it’s unwise to say it just for the fun of it.

1 Like

Re: I Love You: Is It Just An Ordinary Word? by valmunich(m): 1:03am On Oct 09, 2014
I use the phrase all the time for most of my female folks, they do know i'm joking by the way, we can just be in the middle of a chat and i'll just pop out the phrase, it's no biggie.

Buh woe! to you if you take it serious, what you see next is what you get cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Love You: Is It Just An Ordinary Word? by Mrval20(m): 4:08am On Oct 09, 2014
Overused and has lost its meaning. You don't necessarily have to sing it though, just show it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Love You: Is It Just An Ordinary Word? by Nobody: 5:08am On Oct 09, 2014
...It carries alot of weight.....It is not an ordinary word or sentence...

..We have misused it....misinterpreted it......

....Those 3 magic words carries different meaning....It causes lots of confusion and pain in romance....

...Well, the meaning of 'I love you' has been tainted for some.....some distorted by parental behaviour, environmental challenges, relationship crisis....eg manipulative, controlling, possessive, critical and annoying partner.....

..To some-one like me, I believe love is a beautiful thing....I believe those magic words should be used effectively.....inline with whatever you wanna use it for......I believe we should not manipulate people with it.....

2 Likes

Re: I Love You: Is It Just An Ordinary Word? by MisterLongman(m): 6:40am On Oct 09, 2014
Op I beg to disagree. The use of that phrase is not restricted to your partner alone
Re: I Love You: Is It Just An Ordinary Word? by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 09, 2014
These words cause an effect and it shouldn't be used discriminately. One only ought to say it, when you mean it.

1 Like

Re: I Love You: Is It Just An Ordinary Word? by Nobody: 8:52am On Oct 09, 2014
To Most Ladies - It means a lot....
To Most Men - Its Just a 1 point Agenda...

Its been Overused n kinda Misinterpreted...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

7 Simple things Men Want In Women / Words From A Father To His Son About Women And Marriage / Which Is More Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.