Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,949 members, 7,919,066 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 08:37 PM

How do you physically identify ones tribe physically - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How do you physically identify ones tribe physically (12407 Views)

Physically Challenged Persons Fight Over N15m NDDC Largesse / Fayose Employs 10 Physically-Challenged & Gives Out 35 Wheelchairs (Pics) / Physically Challenged Nigerian Citizen Campaigns For Buhari (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2018
can't. U people don't know it yet But u all the same thing.Nigerian. Sooner u realize it the better.
Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by YorubaIgbo7: 9:26am On Apr 08, 2020
I am Nigerian descent of Yoruba (father) and Igbo (moth er) just like NBA Player Giannis.
I never been to Nigeria and I can't really identify which tribe is necessarily which but I see a lot of Nigerian females who all have this round face and tight eyes look.
I have more pictures to make example but here's a few: Can you identify which tribe are they from?

Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by AceRoot(m): 9:44am On Apr 08, 2020
YorubaIgbo7:
I am Nigerian descent of Yoruba (father) and Igbo (moth er) just like NBA Player Giannis.
I never been to Nigeria and I can't really identify which tribe is necessarily which but I see a lot of Nigerian females who all have this round face and tight eyes look.
I have more pictures to make example but here's a few: Can you identify which tribe are they from?

These ladies have done away with their natural skin tones, and really therefore cannot truly be placed by tribe.

2 Likes

Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by orisa37: 11:21am On Apr 08, 2020
Give them CORONAVIRUS same time and watch them react. The Yorubas will shout OLODUMARE while the Igbos will shout CHINEKE but the Hausa/Fulanis will just be saying Allah Allah Allah.

1 Like

Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by YorubaIgbo7: 2:14pm On Apr 09, 2020
Yes they all have bleached their skin because they are insecure fools who worship the white race and think the white race is better than their own.
But none the less, regardless of their skin tone what tribe are these females? They have short chubby builds with tight eyes and round heads.
Are they Yoruba or Igbo?
Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by DabuIIIT: 2:20pm On Apr 09, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by YorubaIgbo7: 11:11pm On Apr 10, 2020
Are these Yoruba or Igbo?

Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by Givendemm1: 3:18pm On Apr 11, 2020
YorubaIgbo7:
YorubaIgbo7:

Most of those girls are definitely Igbo the top one looks like a mix and the bottom one maybe Yoruba, but the 2 in the middle I definitely they are Igbo no doubt

1 Like

Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by Givendemm1: 3:40pm On Apr 11, 2020
Also how you can mainly tell someone is igbo honestly is the nose, mostly. In the pic you can see how the nostrils tend to flair back and create an illusion of pointiness somehow, its not all-o but definitely most. Whereas other tribes tend to have more flattish noses or noses that have even nostrils, they will not flair back as much upwardly into the face.

The second pic you see a Yoruba girl and her nostrils are even all the way through and a little bit more bulbous.

I also don’t want to seem as if I’m saying Igbo girls are the only ones with pointy noises cuz they definitely have flat ones too. D main takeaway is the flair back on the nostril, you see - take your finger and literally peel your left and right nostril backwards and you will look like most Igbo people.

The nose holes on the first girl looks more like Skinny ovals and the nose holes on the second girl are definitely more round and even circles, however there are holes to every theory by my definition wiz kid would be an Igbo based off my characteristic but he’s definitely a Yoruba boy from birth.

Also I think Igbo’s mostly tend to have overbites maybe that’s just me but I see it very often especially in igboland

Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by Salvador1: 4:18pm On Apr 11, 2020
To know a typical Yoruba check his or her leg

Na Nyama Nyama full am

For igbo his or her agility explain everything about him.

1 Like

Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by Odkosh: 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
Givendemm1:
Also how you can mainly tell someone is igbo honestly is the nose, mostly. In the pic you can see how the nostrils tend to flair back and create an illusion of pointiness somehow, its not all-o but definitely most. Whereas other tribes tend to have more flattish noses or noses that have even nostrils, they will not flair back as much upwardly into the face.

The second pic you see a Yoruba girl and her nostrils are even all the way through and a little bit more bulbous.

I also don’t want to seem as if I’m saying Igbo girls are the only ones with pointy noises cuz they definitely have flat ones too. D main takeaway is the flair back on the nostril, you see - take your finger and literally peel your left and right nostril backwards and you will look like most Igbo people.

The nose holes on the first girl looks more like Skinny ovals and the nose holes on the second girl are definitely more round and even circles, however there are holes to every theory by my definition wiz kid would be an Igbo based off my characteristic but he’s definitely a Yoruba boy from birth.

Also I think Igbo’s mostly tend to have overbites maybe that’s just me but I see it very often especially in igboland
And when did the girl in first pic become igbo Girl?

1 Like

Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by Odkosh: 4:29pm On Apr 11, 2020
Salvador1:
To know a typical Yoruba check his or her leg

Na Nyama Nyama full am

For igbo his or her agility explain everything about him.
Lol, with igbo Yamlegs too
Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by Givendemm1: 4:46pm On Apr 11, 2020
Odkosh:

It was supposed to be dirichi not adesua, Google probably deceived me
Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by WesleyP: 4:48pm On Apr 11, 2020
Ibo girls usually have yam leg and beards while their guys are usually very short , smelly and ape like

2 Likes

Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by DabuIIIT: 4:49pm On Apr 11, 2020
Odkosh:
Lol, with igbo Yamlegs too

Far better than mutiat and bilikis and monsuRAT with mosquito legs

grin grin

1 Like

Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by Givendemm1: 4:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
Odkosh:
Also let’s not act like adesua couldn’t be mixed she was born in Igbo land to d core, it’s possible she could have Igbo traits in the background somewhere
Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by ejanla077: 5:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
omohayek:
Of course, this being Nairaland, people had to "rebut" my pointing out the extreme genetic similarity of southern Nigerians by repeating their personal anecdotes as if they were fact. Here is the actual science supporting my view that any talk of one group being "tall and muscular" or "dark" and another being "light skinned" is pure nonsense:

https://bmcgenet.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2156-6-38

The funny thing about anecdotes is that it's the easiest thing in the world to come up with counter-examples. Most of the people in my own family are lighter than any supposed "light skinned" Igbos, without having any known white or Igbo ancestry, while the likes of Anthony Joshua and Hakeem Olajuwon hardly fit the notion that Yorubas are short and less than muscular, do they?

You tribal warriors really need to give it up. The only real way to tell Edos, Igalas, Igbos, Itsekiris, Ijaws, Yorubas, etc. apart is through their behaviors, accents, ways of dressing, and so on, not through any inherited physical features. If you claim there is, provide solid research to back it up, not your personal impressions which have been colored by stereotypes and tribal prejudices.

I don't think Anthony Joshua fits he built his body being a boxer
Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by ejanla077: 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
orisa37:
Give them CORONAVIRUS same time and watch them react. The Yorubas will shout OLODUMARE while the Igbos will shout CHINEKE but the Hausa/Fulanis will just be saying Allah Allah Allah.
D yoruba will open mouth to d fullest to shout wooo

1 Like

Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by ejanla077: 5:53pm On Apr 11, 2020
WesleyP:
Ibo girls usually have yam leg and beards while their guys are usually very short , smelly and ape like

I think the smelly part is reserved for the yorubass, 3 of ur sisters never bath since Wednesday

1 Like

Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 11, 2020
YorubaIgbo7:

Mr you are a Yoruba man. Nothing like yoruba-Igbo.

Such norms doesn't exist here. A child is known paternally.
Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by Nobody: 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
grin
Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by nlPoster: 7:03pm On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Mr you are a Yoruba man. Nothing like yoruba-Igbo.

Such norms doesn't exist here. A child is known paternally.

It depends on which tribes, in my opinion.

For Igbo/Yoruba, oftentimes the person identifies strongly with both tribes, and with a strong/er leaning towards Igbo due to appearance (and also traditionally dominant maternal links) which tends more to the Igbo phenotype. The differences are more pronounced, so when combined, the intertribal individual might have less (internal) conflict associating visibly with the Igbo culture in addition to the Yoruba one. (Same goes for many parts of Edo).

With some other tribes, the person is comfortable with their predominantly paternal lineage due to less competitiveness and friction involved between the tribes that make up their heritage. Same as intra-tribal.

A lot also depends on which cultures products of inter-tribal unions were exposed to, and what extent.
Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by omohayek: 8:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
ejanla077:

I don't think Anthony Joshua fits he built his body being a boxer
Deciding to be a boxer doesn't magically make you muscular, however much work you do in the gym. If it were that easy, every gym rat would look like Arnold Schwarzenegger at his prime.
Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by YorubaIgbo7: 4:47pm On Apr 18, 2020
I agree the 1st set of pictures I always agreed that the girl at the top looks Yoruba through the tightness of her eyes, roundness of her head and stalky stubby physique, but her nose and mouth screams Igbo to me as if she's mixed with both.

The 2nd two have the Yoruba eyes, but the mouth and nose look like Igbo.

And the bottom one has the round head and tight eyes of Yoruba.

But I like how your discernment pars with mines, the first one does like Yoruba Igbo mixed like me.

I have round head Yoruba
Skinny physique Igbo
My eyes are
both tight - almond shaped (when im sleepy) Yoruba
and big and roundish (when im wide awoke) Igbo
Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by osazuwa23: 6:12am On Jun 09, 2020
The faie girl in the pic is not igbo she esan from edo
Givendemm1:

Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by osazuwa23: 6:19am On Jun 09, 2020
The fair girl in the pic is adesua etomi she is esan from edo but mixed with yoruba mom and esan dad. The last girl look yoruba i can tell yoruba girls because most of them are dark or medium dark and they have the eyes kind of like a egyption pharoah eyes.usually yoruba girls have teeth that look almost as if they are chipped for example niniola whereas igbo girls have gap teeth
Givendemm1:

Re: How do you physically identify ones tribe physically by orisa37: 12:06pm On Jun 09, 2020
Yorubas' Looks always reconciling.

Igbos, always daring.

HAUSA curious.

Fulanis contemptuous.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did You Read This Book ? Why We Struck? / Benue 2019: APC Exco Backs Ortom, Akume For Re-election / Jonathan, Buhari Woo Tinubu !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.