Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,726 members, 7,875,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:17 PM

What Is It About St Louis Sugar - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is It About St Louis Sugar (9409 Views)

St. Louis Sugar Stripped Bare / A Tannery In Kano Supplies Leather To Louis-Vuitton (Pics) / Any Explaination to the dominance of St. Louis Sugars in Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It About St Louis Sugar by yugoo: 12:15pm On Oct 09, 2014
No advert, No pack change, No promos. How did this sugar maintain market leadership unchallenged for almost 30 years ?

2 Likes

Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by ammyluv2002(f): 12:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
I tire o
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by Lovetinz(m): 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
No competition.
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by Truth24(m): 12:36pm On Oct 09, 2014
So true.... it surprise me alot too
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 09, 2014
Nnaa, I tireoo
I thinks quality and consistency in production pattern is their watch word

3 Likes

Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by Wittylens(m): 2:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
True
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by Pavore9: 3:03pm On Oct 09, 2014
Where is it even produced?
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by atuagbo: 3:57pm On Oct 09, 2014
France
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by jbubba(m): 5:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
The main question to be asked is who owns this brand,why hasn't it changed its pack and how come it survived all thorough the years? Tate and co have all gone down, but this guy stays resolute. is it because it's imported?
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by shinaf: 7:41pm On Oct 09, 2014
I think no competitors.

Nice sugar though. But the thing no dei sweet for garri. You must add 10 cube before the garri begin sweet and popsi will shout U are a Man stop taking sugar. Lol!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by codedmax(m): 10:11pm On Oct 09, 2014
its a simple case of "the devil u knw is better than d angel u dnt" gringrinlipsrsealed
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by mastercee(m): 11:00pm On Oct 16, 2014
I tire ooooo......

I think it's actually lack of credible competition
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by Activityj(m): 11:05pm On Oct 16, 2014
No competition at all.
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by laivwire(m): 12:17am On Oct 17, 2014
What dyu mean by no competition? What of dangote sugar? Or did the govt ban the importation of other sugar brands into the country? Too bad with the amount of sugarcane we produce in the country, we will rather chew it and use the chaff to litter our streets.

On the flip side, I think I found a new project to work on, there must be strategies they invented to maintain market leadership even when they don't produce within the country.
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by emeka94(m): 12:47am On Oct 17, 2014
Consistency and lack of competition.

I knw dis will make FP
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by wunderkiind(m): 6:22am On Oct 17, 2014
mastercee:
I tire ooooo......

I think it's actually lack of credible competition
Not really. I think it's actually based on the trust of consumers, People will rather go for what has been tested and trusted than risk a few nairas on a product that's relatively new. Also poor marketing by possible competitors
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 17, 2014
wunderkiind:

Not really. I think it's actually based on the trust of consumers, People will rather go for what has been tested and trusted than risk a few nairas on a product that's relatively new. Also poor marketing by possible competitors
you are wrong, they have no competition in the market segment they occupy. Have you ever seen any other cubed sugar? At least I haven't.
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by wunderkiind(m): 6:55am On Oct 17, 2014
blink182:
you are wrong, they have no competition in the market segment they occupy. Have you ever seen any other cubed sugar? At least I haven't.
Yes, Actually. I once saw a pack of cube sugar, naija made, that I cant remember the name. I know it will have been also good, just that the packaging & advertising was not good enough.
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by adewusii: 5:00pm On Feb 18, 2015
Well, would say the producers of the sugar were able to manage the brand equity quite well. If na unileverNig I'm sure by now dem go don change the packaging 100times, or even produce other brands with different flavour, making it difficult for consumers to make a choice.
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by since1914(m): 11:02pm On Feb 18, 2015
Nasco actually has a it's own brand of 'cube' sugar, but it doesn't dissolve well like St . Louis. Sometimes, you end up with little lumps here and there. By the way, I thought there was an embargo on sugar importation, and that Merchants were only permitted to import bulk sugar and not pre-packaged ones like St. Louis.
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by wheesin(m): 11:38pm On Feb 18, 2015
I asked myself this question 2 days ago.. .the sugar looks so innocent. ..its probably the only cubed sugar i have consumed in my entire life. undecided
Re: What Is It About St Louis Sugar by meobizy(f): 4:12pm On Feb 24, 2023
Quality. The replacements one is offered today are substandard. It seems the product isn’t imported into the country anymore.

(1) (Reply)

What You Stand To Gain When You Register Your Business With CAC / How Can I Withdraw Funds From FIVERR In Nigeria? / How To Start Your Own Soap/detergent Making Business {free Info}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.