Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,355 members, 7,947,566 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 11:50 PM

Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch (2955 Views)

How Osinbajo Ruled Nigeria In The Absence Of Buhari / How Mark Ruled Ashafa Out Of Order And Approved Obanikoro As A Minister / Fulani Herdsmen Attacks Imo Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch by ak47mann(m): 9:27am On Oct 10, 2014
Dibiachukwu:

I hope you know that Jesus is also a foreign god in igbo land.
yeah brought by Europeans after slavery cool
Re: Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch by maestroferddi: 9:27am On Oct 10, 2014
I will take this information with a pinch of salt. I know Oguta have had pockets of Islamic adherents in the past.

I know of Alhaji Dauda Nnani Maduagwu who had an unsuccessful bid under the NRC during the Third Republic for the Orlu Zone Senate position.

But one thing is clear:Islam is strongly antithetical to Igbo culture and consciousness. I really would want to see the workability of a Muslim traditional ruler overseeing a predominantly Christian subjects in Igboland.

I believe this news is exaggerated. Three central mosques in Oguta? No sir! You must have been lax in your reckoning...

I wish someone can corroborate this story.

1 Like

Re: Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch by omenka(m): 9:29am On Oct 10, 2014
Mynd44:

Your religious bigotry has crossed unhealthy proportions. I hope you realize it is like a cancer: it will blind you eventually and it will keep growing until you can't see your own nose
Re: Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch by ak47mann(m): 9:30am On Oct 10, 2014
Berem how is our in-law your brother that is getting married to Anambra girl,when is his traditional marriage coming up?i will be happy to be there to witness ndi ichie blessing cool
Re: Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 10, 2014
ak47mann:
Berem how is our in-law your brother that is getting married to Anambra girl,when is his traditional marriage coming up?i will be happy to be there to witness ndi ichie blessing cool
my brother is not marrying any Anambra woman. angry
Why do you always put the "cool" smiley at the end of your posts? Any reason for that?

1 Like

Re: Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch by Omimah: 9:37am On Oct 10, 2014
There should just be religious tolerance.
Re: Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch by ak47mann(m): 9:46am On Oct 10, 2014
berem:
my brother is not marrying any Anambra woman. angry
Why do you always put the "cool" smiley at the end of your posts? Any reason for that?
because am a cool guy so why did she dump your brother again nawao for women sha cool
Re: Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch by Nobody: 9:57am On Oct 10, 2014
ak47mann:
yeah brought by Europeans after slavery cool
you see how foolish you are

1 Like

Re: Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 10, 2014
ak47mann:
because am a cool guy so why did she dump your brother again nawao for women sha cool
ok
Re: Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 10, 2014
Its not new to us, the first mayor of Enugwu was a Fulani man, former Premier Eastern Region an Akwa Ibom man while Margeret Ekpo a Calabar woman represented Aba district in Eastern Consultative Assembly... tell your yorobafolks to learn tolerance

Eldavido1:

In 1999 Emmanuel Okereke was overwhelmingly elected as councillor
of Sarkin Zamfara A ward in Sokoto South LG defeating the son of an
Immam of the area. So what are we saying ?
learn the art of tolerance my brother!
Re: Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch by asadike(f): 10:23am On Oct 10, 2014
Eze indeed!
Re: Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch by gbadexy(m): 12:59pm On Oct 10, 2014
The major problem Islam has is caused by the extremist muslims.
If they practice their religion correctly and peacefully, many people would be drawn to them to know more about that religion that made the adherents kind, honest, tolerant and just.
But they think they can force people to follow them.
The tolerance and kindness of this monarch would have influenced many people of other faith than the total number of people most pf the northern emirs have been able to influence to convert peacefully.
Re: Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch by millionaireman: 8:14am On Oct 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:
christians are the most bigoted intorelable bunch of hypocrites that exist, what is wrong if a community leader converts to Islam? are other communities ruled by christians better than Umuoffor.
Am an atheist but I would rather convert to Islam than practise modern day pentecostal madness.
What is wrong in Emir of Kano converting to Christianity?
Re: Imo Community Ruled By A Muslim Monarch by millionaireman: 8:17am On Oct 11, 2014
Scyllapatron:
christians are the most bigoted intorelable bunch of hypocrites that exist, what is wrong if a community leader converts to Islam? are other communities ruled by christians better than Umuoffor.
Am an atheist but I would rather convert to Islam than practise modern day pentecostal madness.
What is wrong in Emir of Kano converting to Christianity? When he does, what follows in Nigerian Muslim circles shall determine if Muslims are religious bigots or not.

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: GEJ Celebrates in London, Says Boko Haram Has Not Seized Any Territory / How Sahara Reporters Goofed On Assasination Attempt On Rivers Chief Of Staff(pix / [full List] 2016 Nigerians Richest Politicians As Revealed By FBI

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.