Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,990 members, 7,873,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:28 AM

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? (68291 Views)

I Refused To Let Him Take His New Babe To My House To Sleep With. / Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 8:16am On Nov 13, 2014
cc150615:

in ur wildest dreams, ur spew no reach to get me pregnant, it's too watery, I see it from ur retarded speech

Jeezzz shocked undecided
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Lolaabokoku(f): 8:19am On Nov 13, 2014
chibwike:
abi she go dey happy cef, say i dey respect her virginity, till we marry.
That is if she is truely a virgin
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by sucrev: 8:20am On Nov 13, 2014
chibwike:
when am married, i'd know that am married
then after marriage u will stop loving her & starts sleeping with her?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by cut007: 8:22am On Nov 13, 2014
Annypie:
its possible to love sm1,and nt be sexually attracted to d person..exclusive to agape love.i wuld never wana get intimate wt sm1 i dnt love though,i just feel love nt matter hw superficial shuld be a prerequsite 4 sex. BTW shebi they say sex is different 4rm makin love ni
@ the bolded: this is my current predicament! There's this angel I luv to pieces (or so I think) but the problem is I'm not just attracted to her sexually and its killing her (and killing me too cos I hate to see her hurting). The underlying truth is that i'm sexually attracted to only girls with big boo..bs (i dont know how i found myself in that condition) and i cant just bring myself to open up to her about it cos i know it will shatter her emotionally and maybe plant a complex problem in her which is the last thing i want. I mean this girl has got it all: smashing beauty, manners, brains, an engineering degree on the way (500 level) and boo...bs many guys will consider hot (cos honestly she is not flat chested). The thing there is (for me): No matter how beautiful a girl is, as long as she hasnt got mean mamaries, i can never be SEXUALLY attracted to her. Peeps pls i need your (mature) inputs as she is beginning to think I'm taking her for granted because she initiated the relationship. Something I'll NEVER do! I luv this girl scatter mehn! & I respect her a lot! (I mean how can I forget so soon the number of better-looking, richer and better-swagged guys falling over themselves just to be seen with her!) She probably knows it, but she can't just phatom why I'm not feeling her. And lastly guys, just out of curiosity, is my condition a medical one?? Is there a sort of theory somewhere (medical or psychological) that can be used to explain it?? Are there other people suffering from the same condition? Or am I alone on this one? Inputs pls!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by MKO4ever(m): 8:22am On Nov 13, 2014
izaray:
@Poster, dnt let any body deceive u, cos many people have been into a relationship,

dat involves sex, and still end up getting married.

Your prayers should be, God should lead to d right person!

Tho, some guys can still love u and do witout sex o,

but is very rear to get in dis century

**Seconded**
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by chibwike(m): 8:23am On Nov 13, 2014
sucrev:
then after marriage u will stop loving her & starts sleeping with her?
i'd do the both....plz i need in ur votes in the ongoing Mr NL competions...thanks alot
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by awa(m): 8:24am On Nov 13, 2014
UjSizzle:

Hmmm this makes a whole lot of sense.
Qualifying sexual urge to mean love, when the urge is the only reason you actually feel something for said person.
But the other half of your post though undecided So if two people rule out sex, it still shouldn't mean the desire dies off. It may not be the primary focus of your relationship, but the thought of it (whenever it does come) shouldn't be repulsive. I think that's what the op meant when she asked if it were possible to love someone, yet not desire them.

@UjSizzle,

Certainly the desire won't die off like you rightfully said; however, one important attribute of humanity is the ability to make DECISION. Perhaps whether such decision is religiously implemented or not becomes a topic for another day. Desire is a product of decision and it has an intrinsic feature that only the human mind and Almighty understand. Action is what brings to bear the inherent desire inside of us, desire is nothing if there is no equivalent inadvertent sale of such feelings via attempted action. This is what makes us imperfect humans. You won't know I love you if I do not start acting like I do, same way desire won't be noticeable if there is no iota of action. By the way, DESIRE being a verb has action attached to it....wanting to, to put, to express, to require; these are all ways of attempting to define DESIRE.

Thanks for your observation and comment. It's encouraging...
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by izaray(f): 8:26am On Nov 13, 2014
MKO4ever:

**Seconded**
Tnks swty
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by cc150615(f): 8:27am On Nov 13, 2014
rhymz:
babe please stop getting uneccesarily defensive and robotic in your response, unless you are an object with no blood flowing through her veins then we can believe you.

It is one thing to say you are able to control the urge and wait for whatever time you have agreed but to claim that you have no sexual feelings or desire towards the one that you love underlies a big problem that would later rear its ugly head when the time finally reaches for it. No man will not cheat on a woman that finds sex an ordeal or is not sexually attracted to him, so no dey for robot woman here for us. There is a kind of openness that sex brings to a relationship that even love can not attain, it takes it to a whole new level of knowing each other and revealing compatibility with each other.
If u don't have a problem with English language you'd have probably taken time to read my posts here nd understand my stand on this mata before u spew this rubbish from that gutter u call ur mouth, Did u read what the guy I quoted said at all You should have left him to reply me,next time don't take panadol For another man's headache.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by bigname90(m): 8:28am On Nov 13, 2014
izaray:
Now u are happily

writing dis, later on, u will come and cry to nairaland for advice dat ur babe dump u, and i will be d first person dat will flog u wit koboko lo
hahaha
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by micynute94(m): 8:31am On Nov 13, 2014
Abeg. What's with this...... I love her so i can't get into the act with her..... Mass psychology or what?

I c no reason not to get into the act less my gal specifically give a reason not to... and respect if it's valid..

I can date a lady without touching you at all making you to believe i truly respect and love you meanwhile all am doing is reverse psychology.. i could wait for five years if That's what it takes especially when am dealing with pompous and claiming to be smart ladies ( No Pun intended! )

On the other hand, i could want to get intimate with you at first or second meeting together.... That doesn't mean i don't love the lady... You might even be the lady i want as my future wife.

Funny enough,

Most of the time, getting intimate removes a lot of tension in a relationship. There's no.... i haven't been intimate with her so have got to lose the most if it never work out( Male perspective ). or it's not as if am going to be the one to lose if the relationship doesn't work( female perspective )

All these just leads to over compensation on a partner side than the other.. and when you guys r finally married. and no more compensation and the likes. ..
Then a lot of ugly things start rearing its head... and you start hearing. " Divorce "

Just my 2cents!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by rman: 8:32am On Nov 13, 2014
ocheu:
yes u are right, but is good that she was the one that requested for it, she will always respect u for keeping your word. Secondly, she will understand how much u love her and also she will believe that u have control over yourself.

Did u miss the part where he wrote he was sleeping with other girls in his post?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by ibnquasale(m): 8:32am On Nov 13, 2014
make una dey fool una sef ooo

There is nothing wrong with having such desires, the truth about desires and marriage is that if she's not sexually attracted to you, then u are bound to have extra marital affairs after getting married to her. So, learn to manage those desires instead of pretending they are not there

those desires are normal, except you are a liar or not a complete guy..... cheesy grin tongue

Meanwhile, @Cc150615 check the attached pics LOL

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by stag: 8:35am On Nov 13, 2014
My question is: If sex is not love, why do u feel cheated when ur partner makes love to someone else?

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by butanep(m): 8:37am On Nov 13, 2014
faithugo64:
so why then do people think that sex has nothing to do with love?
sex has so many things to do with love...
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 13, 2014
Honestly, I'm in such a relationship because the lady is a virgin, but sometimes I used to think may be I'm a fool, there is nothing I can do because I love the girl and she loves me as well.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 13, 2014
yes is possible
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Sarimah(f): 8:49am On Nov 13, 2014
its vewi possible
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by marieolae(f): 8:50am On Nov 13, 2014
Sarimah:
its vewi possible
where hv u been pls
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by arthurflex(m): 8:51am On Nov 13, 2014
eph12:
Loving someone and having sexual urge are two different things and are not related in any way.

One leads to 2 while 2 leads to 3
Love Begats Sex.......
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Mimisboygreat: 8:52am On Nov 13, 2014
I don't know what you people are talking about cos I'm a priest. ***dodges frying pan and kettles and runs out of thread**
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by cooljoe(m): 8:53am On Nov 13, 2014
Sarimah:
its vewi possible
o baby bannana is back. Where u go since na, v missed u senseless. Hope ur gud
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by callme2dy(m): 8:55am On Nov 13, 2014
For the truth I say,Is not possible
Forget about sister and brother or any blood relation
The urge dey come when u truely love the person.
However,you may simply like the person,the desire will not be there
Chikena cool
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Sarimah(f): 8:56am On Nov 13, 2014
marieolae:
where hv u been pls
hv bin busy dear...hawayu?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by marieolae(f): 8:58am On Nov 13, 2014
Sarimah:
hv bin busy dear...hawayu?
I'm fine ohh,, I miss looking at your new dps tho haha
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by awa(m): 8:58am On Nov 13, 2014
stag:
My question is: If sex is not love, why do u feel cheated when ur partner makes love to someone else?

@Stag,

Your question is understandable. Sex is not Love but one feels cheated when one's Partner makes love to someone else due to our expectation(s) that such should not happen. Our fore fathers married many wives and these wives possibly were not feeling cheated having known they are in polygamous home. Sex with a commercial Sex Worker is not a true sign of love but more often than not a mere desire to satisfy the flesh. People who claimed to be in love are often possessive of each other hence any outsider's engagement is considered cheating.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Sarimah(f): 8:58am On Nov 13, 2014
angry
cooljoe:
o baby bannana is back. Where u go since na, v missed u senseless. Hope ur gud
which one be bby banana? grin

im fine tho...u?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 13, 2014
cut007:
@ the bolded: this is my current predicament! There's this angel I luv to pieces (or so I think) but the problem is I'm not just attracted to her sexually and its killing her (and killing me too cos I hate to see her hurting). The underlying truth is that i'm sexually attracted to only girls with big boo..bs (i dont know how i found myself in that condition) and i cant just bring myself to open up to her about it cos i know it will shatter her emotionally and maybe plant a complex problem in her which is the last thing i want. I mean this girl has got it all: smashing beauty, manners, brains, an engineering degree on the way (500 level) and boo...bs many guys will consider hot (cos honestly she is not flat chested). The thing there is (for me): No matter how beautiful a girl is, as long as she hasnt got mean mamaries, i can never be SEXUALLY attracted to her. Peeps pls i need your (mature) inputs as she is beginning to think I'm taking her for granted because she initiated the relationship. Something I'll NEVER do! I luv this girl scatter mehn! & I respect her a lot! (I mean how can I forget so soon the number of better-looking, richer and better-swagged guys falling over themselves just to be seen with her!) She probably knows it, but she can't just phatom why I'm not feeling her. And lastly guys, just out of curiosity, is my condition a medical one?? Is there a sort of theory somewhere (medical or psychological) that can be used to explain it?? Are there other people suffering from the same condition? Or am I alone on this one? Inputs pls!!!!!

Bro!!!!

Absolutely something is wrong with you mentally and psychologically...

what's with the boobs that turns you on in a jiffy? Literally, I used to hate touching it...but now I can't make out without touching and sucking it. But that's not withstanding... If you truly love her...you'd manage ur brain to love what you cherish.

And man up, bro! And do away with the boobsy thingy!
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Sarimah(f): 9:03am On Nov 13, 2014
marieolae:
I'm fine ohh,, I miss looking at your new dps tho haha
lol..same here...i lyk ur new dp
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by ABbless(m): 9:04am On Nov 13, 2014
temigracie:
...hanhan!!!....

What will now give the love fire, as in real FAYA??.....

..liking someone already, you start having some silly thoughts...Talkless of loving someone.....

hmmm@ temigrace.. I'm already liking you, how long before I begin to have silly tots.here's what I think @op, it depends on your mind as an individual and on you as a person though you might argue it can't be always true but then.... most often it is. what do you expect the detention of love to be for a percert grin
temigracie:
...hanhan!!!....

..liking someone already, you start having some silly thoughts...Talkless of loving someone.....

hmmm@ temigrace.. I'm liking you already oh.., how long before I begin to have silly tots.here's what I think @op, it depends on your mind as an individual and on you as a person though you might argue it can't be always true but then.... most often it is. what do you expect the detention of love to be for a pervert, you agree it shouldnt be the same for a novice.(sex wise). I've seen people whose idea of loving you is just wanting to be around you,talking with you,etc.hug no dey even cross dem mind how much more. so thou thinkest in thine heart,so thou art.or in this case as thou art,so thou thinkest in thine heart towards one thou loveth or liketh grin
temigracie:
...hanhan!!!....

hmmm@ temigrace.. I'm already liking you, how long before I begin to have silly tots.here's what I think @op, it depends on your mind as an individual and on you as a person though you might argue it can't be always true but then.... most often it is. what do you expect the detention of love to be for a percert grin
temigracie:
...hanhan!!!....

hmmm@ temigrace.. I'm liking you already oh.., how long before I begin to have silly tots.here's what I think @op, it depends on your mind as an individual and on you as a person though you might argue it can't be always true but then.... most often it is. what do you expect the detention of love to be for a pervert, you agree it shouldnt be the same for a novice.(sex wise). I've seen people whose idea of loving you is just wanting to be around you,talking with you,etc.hug no dey even cross dem mind how much more. so thou thinkest in thine heart,so thou art.or in this case as thou art,so thou thinkest in thine heart towards one thou loveth or liketh
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by marieolae(f): 9:08am On Nov 13, 2014
Sarimah:
lol..same here...i lyk ur new dp
r u back for good?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 13, 2014
foxxynik:

Bro!!!!

Absolutely something is wrong with you mentally and psychologically...

what's with the boobs that turns you on in a jiffy? Literally, I used to hate touching it...but now I can't make out without touching and sucking it. But that's not withstanding... If you truly love her...you'd manage ur brain to love what you cherish.

And man up, bro! And do away with the boobsy thingy!
Cummon man! Just his preference. Everyone has something that turns him on. He didn't say he doesn't love her cos of her small bo*ba buh rather it doesn't move him. Nothing is wrong with him.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Goes An Extra Mile To Make Sure His Ex Doesnt Forget Him (video) / Ibrahim Oboshi Marries 2 Brides Same Day In Nasarawa (Photos) / "I'm Bored, I Need A Man" - Curvy Ghanaian Lady Cries Out (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.