Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,314 members, 7,971,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 12:22 AM

Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... (672 Views)

The Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti 2012-2013 Admission Session, Lets Get It Going / Who Is Who In Fedpoly Oko And Who Shall We Avoid. / Ex-mays Of Mayflower School, Ikenne, Lets Get To Meet Each Other Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by SlimSkipper(m): 6:49am On Oct 11, 2014
Please before jumping to conclusion, think about your point(s) deeply and back it up with evidence either from the bible, quaran or encyclopedia.
ARE THIS THINGS METIONED BELOW REALLY BAD:
1. Self- servicing a.k.a hand service
2. Drinking of alcohol (may be just a little)
3. Marrying more than one wife
4. Ladies putting on trousers (even if its ladies trouser)
I would really want to know because in my own religion (christianity) the bible does not cathegorically condem this things except we want to be reinterpreting the bible.

pls i want to learn from fellow NLers that why am asking
Re: Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by nuelzy: 7:27am On Oct 11, 2014
ask pope...prophet muha..or my grand-pa..#shikina
Re: Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by beatsbyj2g(m): 8:16am On Oct 11, 2014
SlimSkipper:
Please before jumping to conclusion, think about your point(s) deeply and back it up with evidence either from the bible, quaran or encyclopedia.
ARE THIS THINGS METIONED BELOW REALLY BAD:
1. Self- servicing a.k.a hand service
2. Drinking of alcohol (may be just a little)
3. Marrying more than one wife
4. Ladies putting on trousers (even if its ladies trouser)
I would really want to know because in my own religion (christianity) the bible does not cathegorically condem this things except we want to be reinterpreting the bible.

pls i want to learn from fellow NLers that why am asking

Add this to ur list; is sex out of wed lock really a sin

1 Like

Re: Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by Agbo19(m): 10:17am On Oct 11, 2014
;Djust passing by

1 Like

Re: Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 11, 2014
Agbo19:
;Djust passing by
Re: Lets' Get Serious, Shall We... by MrPeaceman(m): 8:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
1. Self- servicing a.k.a hand service... Pastor Chris once treated this issue, he didn't think its a sin. In my opinion; there is no actual place in the bible it was condemned directly... Its not clear wether a sin or not.
2. Drinking of alcohol... Drinking alcohol itself is not a sin, it is the act of being drunk which tends to make you sin unconsciously that is the sin. Some red wines are medicinal, also the natural palmwine is good for the body... But if you know you can't help being drunk, then don't drink. It becomes a sin when you do. Romans 13: 13 admonishes us to stay of from wild parties and getting drunk... Being drunk is the issue.
3. Marrying more than one wife... I'm not too clear on this.
4. Ladies putting on trousers... It is made clear in the bible that men should not put on women's clothings, likewise women should not put on men's. In that respect, I don't think a female trouser is men's, and the bible also admonishes us to not dress sexually provocatively, if you as a woman wears a trouser that is sexually provocative, you are a sinner.

(1) (Reply)

Notice Of Uniben Postgraduate Entrance Examinations / I'm In Urgent Need Of Project Materials On This Topic / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.