Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,498 members, 7,892,038 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:14 AM

The End Of The Old Nigerian Passport (mrp), No More Renewal. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The End Of The Old Nigerian Passport (mrp), No More Renewal. (5674 Views)

Travelling On The Old MRP Passport / Nigerian Mrp (non Biometric Passport) / Is Old Mrp Passport Still A Valid Identification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The End Of The Old Nigerian Passport (mrp), No More Renewal. by charliebiz(m): 6:38pm On Nov 11, 2008
The end of MRP is coming very very soon. The Nigeria immigration service just suspended the renewal of the Old passport. This buttress their legislation of ending the use of the old passport in 2010. i heard some embassies have started rejecting the old passport for the new epassport which has chip install in it. I read with dismay the damage done to one of our nairalanders passport by an immigration officer by stapling it to the old one. i don't know if he has gotten the reply of what to do because i traveled the day he made the post n wasn't free to respond to it. If your chip gets damage, get ready to come back to the quene of acquiring a new passport but this time you need to see the PCO of the passport office and explain yourself.

So i say bye bye to the old naija MRP kpali and welcome the difficult to get, easy to damage, wear n tear, fading epassport. I am serious about. I gave some tips on how to handle the international passport inorder not to be in that situation recently in this forum. Sorry i am lazy to search it out and post here but i try as much as i can to give it to client that were issued the epassport by the immigration office inorder for them to be aware. Since they don't want to notify the public of the best way to handle their passport, i think somebody should do that for them.

I sign out.
Charles Okaformbah
Re: The End Of The Old Nigerian Passport (mrp), No More Renewal. by rastaman20(m): 9:41pm On Jul 14, 2011
pls, what are the best ways to handle the new e-passport , because i dont want to be a victim .

(1) (Reply)

The Issuing Of A New Nigerian Passport? Please Help / Travel Out Of Nigeria Without A Kobo ..travel And Pay Later Scheme . / Travelling With Black Magic Charms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.