Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,238 members, 7,887,673 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:12 PM

WHY Young Ladies Marry Older Men; It's Not For Their Money - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / WHY Young Ladies Marry Older Men; It's Not For Their Money (1048 Views)

Here's Why Young Ladies Are Getting Married To Old Men / Why Don't We See Rich Nigerian Single Ladies Marry Not-so-rich Nigerian Guys? / Why Young Women Often Date Older Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

WHY Young Ladies Marry Older Men; It's Not For Their Money by remspotng: 3:49am On Oct 12, 2014
When I saw this piece of article online, had to share it with you guys... I mean what else is there if a young lady of 25-30 gets married to an older man of 50-70
An interesting feature in the punch has just revealed why it has become a trend today, for young ladies to marry men who are old enough to be their father.
Enjoy the long but interesting piece below:

The Ighalos and the Olawales are neighbours, and have also been good family friends for the better part of the last five years. But interestingly, their first meeting didn’t go as well as their current relationship suggests.
When the Ighalos newly relocated to their Surulere residence from Ikeja, both in Lagos in 2009, the Olawales were the first family to welcome them to the neighbourhood. The age difference between Niyi Olawale and his wife, Olanike, is wide apart and so, they were offended by the new neighbours’ remarks on hearing that they were not father and daughter. Olawale was 60 while Olanike was 33.

“It was a first for us to see a couple with so much age difference. Although we didn’t know their ages as of the time, it was glaring that the man was much older than the woman. It was later after we had become friends that they told us how they felt insulted by the way we reacted to the information.
“Honestly, my husband and I thought the man was the woman’s father and that they were teasing us, so we freely joked about it. I think they got annoyed because as they tried to explain to us that they were a couple, we kept insisting that it couldn’t be. We were like ‘how could he (Mr. Olawale) be married to a woman that young?’

“I think my husband also joked about being the first person who would volunteer to call the police if he knew that Mr. Olawale was having sexual relations with his daughter,” said Victoria Ighalo, who is three years younger than her husband.

Love is in the heart, they say, and if it’s true that it is also blind, then looks, educational qualifications, fat bank accounts and certainly age should not matter. Such idioms are quite popular but the society is still amused by relationships and unions such as that of the Olawales.
Some people still believe that such relationships exist only because of their financial rewards and so are hardly willing to accept claims by such couples of being hit in the heart by the cupid’s arrow. The young partners in such marriages are usually branded gold diggers and the fact that the older partners are usually very rich does help arguments that such unions have anything to do with love.
In spite of this general perception, many of such couples don’t care if people snigger at their backs. To them, they are in love, married and ready to live their lives together, even with the chances that the old man or woman, depending on the situation, could die soon. One of such persons is Olanike.
After being introduced to our correspondent by the Ighalos, Olanike agreed to share her experience with our source, but with her husband’s permission. Olawale, though, declined to offer any comments.
The Olawales have been married for about eight years. Olawale was a rich widower when he met Olanike, but she insists that her attraction was based on pure unadulterated love for him.

“He had lost his wife when we met but I didn’t marry him for money; people can say whatever they like. It is not everyone who marries old men that do it for the money, sometimes, it is because they have genuine love for each other,” Olanike said with a measure of conviction.
“I love my husband because he’s caring, mature and responsible. I like the way he pampers and gives me attention. People often think that marrying someone much older than you means there will be no sex, but that is a lie.”

The secret
Olanike attributed the secret behind the success of her marriage to a much older Olawale to moderation.

kindly continue (full story) - http://www.remspot.com.ng/2014/10/why-young-ladies-marry-older-men-its.html
Re: WHY Young Ladies Marry Older Men; It's Not For Their Money by naturally: 3:59am On Oct 12, 2014
The power of love
Re: WHY Young Ladies Marry Older Men; It's Not For Their Money by Nobody: 4:02am On Oct 12, 2014
Age sometimes is just a number.
Re: WHY Young Ladies Marry Older Men; It's Not For Their Money by vislabraye(m): 4:11am On Oct 12, 2014
If the guy was poorer, would she have married him ? Abeg U can't rule out kallas.

1 Like

Re: WHY Young Ladies Marry Older Men; It's Not For Their Money by 1one: 4:45am On Oct 12, 2014
I would soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much have loved to believe that her reason for marrying a man almost 3-decades older than her was purely due to love; but personally I think money was a major factor... I'm assuming 85-90% factorial(Mathematicians and Statisticians don't mind me borrowing your termgrin)

I mean come on, when her mother was in her first trimester, the man was 28years old!!! shocked. You can just picture the look of utter disgust and shock if the man had met the mother, and with love struck puppy eyes went like "Hello Madam, that pikin for your belle na me go marry am"

But it's amazing how truly time changes perceptions, perspectives, opinions and even sometimes belief systems

The truth is that we can go on and on judging, or mocking and ridiculing people like this cradle and cradle snatcher, but at the end of the day, it is their lives, and they can't be in the least sense concerned about what anybody thinks.

I pray I find love..true and sincere love, love so pure and genuine, so warm and refreshing that it makes the sun ice-cold, but despite this genuine desire... If I had an option to choose, I'd choose Wealth and Riches.. Lots of it... Because in this present world, Love is simply just another item on the shelf and you can buy as many/much as you want, as many sizes and flavours as you so desire.

2 Likes

Re: WHY Young Ladies Marry Older Men; It's Not For Their Money by datguru: 4:56am On Oct 12, 2014
Nice piece

(1) (Reply)

Can Beauty Without Character Make You Love Him/her? / Why Do An Average Naija Guys Thinks Ladies Are Only After The Money? / Why Be Friends To A Guy U Refused Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.