Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,784 members, 7,952,219 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 12:27 PM

First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? (57347 Views)

Woman Loses First Pregnancy To Police Brutality After 10 Years Of Marriage / Fashola's Wife Welcomes Lagos First Baby Of 2015 (photo) / Meet The First Baby Born In 2015 In Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Afribiz(f): 12:57pm On Dec 15, 2008
My first pregnancy was unexpected, it was 4 months to my wedding day. I had planned not to add weight so as to fit into my wedding gown. It ended up on the contrary, as i had to find another gown. No regrets whatsoever, i still looked pretty and lovely.

I didn't naturally go into labour, I was then induced. It was a very painful 9 long hours. At the end, i had my handsome baby boy, a day after my due date. It was a bitter sweet experience.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by cooldud62: 3:53pm On Dec 20, 2008
I first saw this thread when i was on mobile sometime ago, i couldnt reply, i just read through.
I wanna congratulate all the mothers here,
by the grace of God, you will live to enjoy your children.
When it's time to reap, no one will chase you from your place. . .(its a yoruba prayer if you know)
eni eleni oni gbase yin se o!

to the topic,
I am so thankful to God i came as a guy,
but i am not sure if i'm better off, know why?
my own experience was in '99,
i fainted near the hall!
I am too emotional, i hate to see someone i love cry undecided
I made up ma mind never to go near that place again.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by JJYOU: 3:56pm On Dec 20, 2008
cooldud62*:

I first saw this thread when i was on mobile sometime ago, i couldnt reply, i just read through.
I want to congratulate all the mothers here,
When it's time to reap, no one will chase you from your place. . .(its a yoruba prayer if you know)

to the topic,
i fainted near the hall!
you are a clown. this is funny
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by ola4yinka(m): 5:46am On Dec 21, 2008
well, am writing this on behalf on my lovely Wife who's still at the Hospital after having our Baby thru CS operation yesterday. I thank God it all came thru successful after long hours of labour, they say the baby was too Big for Her 'to do' alone. Her pregnancy was a perfect one except the vomitting that came with the first 3 months, and i admire her for her strength, we were lucky. I've not really had the chance to hold my Baby cos they (Nurses) won't allow me carry Him, ohh i didn't mention it was a Big Baby Boy (B.B.B.) and i'll soon upload his pics on here soon. Big ups to ALL WOMEN WHO HAS HAD TO GO THROUGH LABOUR, I ADMIRE YOUR COURAGE AND GOD WILL CONTINUE TO BE YOUR STRENGHT, AMEN. e no EASY oooo, AND TO ALL THE WOMEN WHO ARE STILL WAITING ON GOD I PRAY BY THIS TIME NEXT YEAR YOU WILL HAVE POSITIVE STORIES TO TO TELL, AMEN

2 Likes

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by babonboard(f): 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2008
@ola4yinka
that was a touching story i wish your wife quick recovery
and not to worry u still have plenty of time to hold your bib baby boy

@topic
omo from all the stories have read and heard its not easy at all
am yet to experience it but am looking forward to it soon
iu pray Almighty god make it all easy for me

kudos to all you mothers out there may youall live long enuff to chop the fruit of thy labour.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by ola4yinka(m): 10:15pm On Dec 21, 2008
this is my lovely boy,

6 Likes

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Nobody: 2:06am On Dec 22, 2008
ola4yinka:

this is my lovely boy,
OMG!! That is a cute baby. . . .

@Post
Mehn, one of this days and just going to do sth crazyyyyyyy. . Was in the hospital arnd this mouth. . . .I went crazy when I saw Chinese triplets. They were so adorableeeeeeeee, I felt like stealing them home as my own. So cute. . . . .

I just love babies, so innocent kiss kiss kiss

cooldud62*:

I want to congratulate all the mothers here,

to the topic,
i fainted near the hall!
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, My ribs hurt cheesy grin cheesy

ola4yinka:

well, am writing this on behalf on my lovely Wife who's still at the Hospital after having our Baby through CS operation yesterday. I thank God it all came through successful after long hours of labour, they say the baby was too Big for Her 'to do' alone. Her pregnancy was a perfect one except the vomitting that came with the first 3 months, and i admire her for her strength, we were lucky. I've not really had the chance to hold my Baby because they (Nurses) won't allow me carry Him, ohh i didn't mention it was a Big Baby Boy (B.B.B.) and i'll soon upload his pics on here soon. Big ups to ALL WOMEN WHO HAS HAD TO GO THROUGH LABOUR, I ADMIRE YOUR COURAGE AND GOD WILL CONTINUE TO BE YOUR STRENGHT, AMEN. e no EASY oooo, AND TO ALL THE WOMEN WHO ARE STILL WAITING ON GOD I PRAY BY THIS TIME NEXT YEAR YOU WILL HAVE POSITIVE STORIES TO TO TELL, AMEN

awwwwwwww, who does he/she resemble? you? lol jk.

Lol, congrats and many many more tiny feet and fingers to come tongue kiss kiss

babonboard:

@ola4yinka
that was a touching story i wish your wife quick recovery
and not to worry u still have plenty of time to hold your bib baby boy

@topic
omo from all the stories have read and heard its not easy at all
am yet to experience it but am looking forward to it soon
iu pray Almighty god make it all easy for me

kudos to all you mothers out there may youall live long enough to chop the fruit of thy labour.
Amen, and I pray that the baby arrives safe to a loving family kiss kiss kiss Amen Amen Amen
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by mohawkchic(f): 4:39am On Dec 22, 2008
ola4yinka:

well, am writing this on behalf on my lovely Wife who's still at the Hospital after having our Baby through CS operation yesterday. I thank God it all came through successful after long hours of labour, they say the baby was too Big for Her 'to do' alone. Her pregnancy was a perfect one except the vomitting that came with the first 3 months, and i admire her for her strength, we were lucky. I've not really had the chance to hold my Baby because they (Nurses) won't allow me carry Him, ohh i didn't mention it was a Big Baby Boy (B.B.B.) and i'll soon upload his pics on here soon. Big ups to ALL WOMEN WHO HAS HAD TO GO THROUGH LABOUR, I ADMIRE YOUR COURAGE AND GOD WILL CONTINUE TO BE YOUR STRENGHT, AMEN. e no EASY oooo, AND TO ALL THE WOMEN WHO ARE STILL WAITING ON GOD I PRAY BY THIS TIME NEXT YEAR YOU WILL HAVE POSITIVE STORIES TO TO TELL, AMEN

~Aaaw Bless!! Congratulations smiley I say a prayer for these women too . . .Amen
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Flakybaby(f): 7:29pm On Dec 22, 2008
ola4yinka:

Ur baby is cute, omo tuntun jojolo eleje tutu u r welcome,

To all the mothers in the house God bless u all, I cant wait to share my experience also smiley smiley
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by ola4yinka(m): 12:53pm On Dec 23, 2008
Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments and compliments, my Wife gave me the Best Xmas Gift Ever, I thank Her and TO ALL NAIRALANDERS , DO HAVE A WONDERFUL XMAS AND A MOST SUCCESSFUL COMING YEAR,
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Dec 24, 2008
ola4yinka:

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments and compliments, my Wife gave me the Best Xmas Gift Ever, I thank Her and TO ALL NAIRALANDERS , DO HAVE A WONDERFUL XMAS AND A MOST SUCCESSFUL COMING YEAR,
Lol, you're welcome wink
Now, you go and enjoy a wonderful Christmas smiley
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by mohawkchic(f): 4:24am On Jan 27, 2009
~7 Years ago Today,i was Screaming "Murder" in a Labour room!Ripping drips off my aching arms~ Moaning~ Crying ~Begging ~Reading "Hail Mary's" ~Dozy With Gas & Mask ~In & Out Of It ~Parched Throat . . .my Screams barely a whisper . . . cry

~At exactly 00:57 My Lil man was Born!! Ama Proud Mama grin

~7 Years On,with a love only a Mother knows,i look at my Son With ~Pride~Joy ~a Sense Of Full Fillment!! - I see my Lil Man,Gap toothed . . .a Huge "Mind The Gap" might i add {top two & each side of his bottom teeth are changing} Curious to know & Learn Everything. . . all grown up from the tiny bundle of joy i held in my arms minutes after he was born!! I can only say "Thank You Lord"

~Happy B-Day T & a Well deserved Happy "Born day" To Me Myself & I kiss ~

~Dont mind sharing this . . .I dont only celebrate my son's birthday,i celebarte giving Birth,Becoming a Mom . . I call it my "Born Day" cheesy I treat myself . . feel Extra Special But most of all,Am In A Thankful Mood! To God,Hubby & my Lil Man for making me Appreciate the Joy Of Motherhood & The Blessings that come with it!

~Any Other Mom's share this Sentiment of "Born Day"?

1 Like

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by SeanT21(f): 4:32am On Jan 27, 2009
mohawkchic:

~7 Years ago Today,i was Screaming "Murder" in a Labour room!Ripping drips off my aching arms~ Moaning~ Crying ~Begging ~Reading "Hail Mary's" ~Dozy With Gas & Mask ~In & Out Of It ~Parched Throat . . .my Screams barely a whisper . . . cry

~At exactly 00:57 My Lil man was Born!! Ama Proud Mama grin

~7 Years On,with a love only a Mother knows,i look at my Son With ~Pride~Joy ~a Sense Of Full Fillment!! - I see my Lil Man,Gap toothed . . .a Huge "Mind The Gap" might i add {top two & each side of his bottom teeth are changing} Curious to know & Learn Everything. . . all grown up from the tiny bundle of joy i held in my arms minutes after he was born!! I can only say "Thank You Lord"

~Happy B-Day T & a Well deserved Happy "Born day" To Me Myself & I kiss ~

~Dont mind sharing this . . .I dont only celebrate my son's birthday,i celebarte giving Birth,Becoming a Mom . . I call it my "Born Day" cheesy I treat myself . . feel Extra Special But most of all,Am In A Thankful Mood! To God,Hubby & my Lil Man for making me Appreciate the Joy Of Motherhood & The Blessings that come with it!

~Any Other Mom's share this Sentiment of "Born Day"?

~~~Hell NO MC,U make me dont wanna have kids~~~I am afraid.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by mohawkchic(f): 5:15am On Jan 27, 2009
SeanT21:

~~~Hell NO MC,U make me dont wanna have kids~~~I am afraid.

~NoOoo! Really?! cheesy I was no less Scared ~Afraid~Terrified than you are now!Especially after Seeing other women give birth on telly  shocked  cry  . . . but if nothing else,other stories on here should ease your fright that its not the same for Every woman! We all get to have our very Own Unique Experience! wink

~I Treasure the "Not-So-Good" that still scares the shite out of me grin b/c it was all worth it!! Will i Do it all over again! undecided ~ grin
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by SeanT21(f): 5:20am On Jan 27, 2009
mohawkchic:

~NoOoo! Really?! cheesy I was no less Scared ~Afraid~Terrified than you are now!especially after Seeing other women give birth on telly shocked cry . . . but if nothing else,other stories on here should ease your fright that its not the same for Every woman! We all get to have our very Own Unique Experience! wink

Okay,I will have my kids eventhough I will not be looking forward to labor day.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by mohawkchic(f): 5:26am On Jan 27, 2009
~Thats the Spirit! Amen to that!
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Adbabe(f): 12:55pm On Jan 27, 2009
I am happy to announce to fellow Nairalanders that my lovely daughter is One today.
Seeing play around me and run around the house,i said to my self all the pains are worth it.

Kudos to all the mums in the house.

I am greatful to God.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by SeanT21(f): 10:55pm On Jan 27, 2009
Adbabe:

I am happy to announce to fellow Nairalanders that my lovely daughter is One today.
Seeing play around me and run around the house,i said to my self all the pains are worth it.

I am greatful to God.

Congrats on your 1 year aniversary.I pray there are more years 2 come!!
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by JJYOU: 3:42pm On Jan 28, 2009
Adbabe:

I am greatful to God.
congrats you are one of lifes finest people. dont forget to impact on the child.

God bless and keep you all
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Adbabe(f): 5:06pm On Jan 29, 2009
@ seaT21 and JJYOU
Thank You.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 30, 2009
Adbabe:

I am greatful to God.
LOL!! Aren't you lucky!! With all the troubles you got in your hand.
Reminds me of my lil bro cheesy cheesy
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by spoilt(f): 3:42am On Jan 30, 2009
I was real happy when I got pregnant. The first three months were anguish though. The vomiting was awful. Going to the office was torture. i spent so much time in the bathroom vomiting. I worked with a bunch of dudes and they were always scared. It was like i was going to vomit my intestines. I would be talking to a client and mid sentence i would run to the bathroom. My co workers were cool. They would cover for me and i would go and lay down in the back. I was always in a feverish sleep.

My labor was really wierd. I was hallucinating , tumbling and screaming all in my mind. grin  on the outside I was just sobbing like a baby. I begged for the epidural. oh. I begged for it like you have no idea. Those contractions were merciless. The epidural worked like magic. numbed me from the waist down. sweet relief. It was the wierdest feeling of my life. It was like an out of body experience. It was like i was watching myself in labor. When eventually my baby came out i was so tired. It felt like i had just moved a mountain.I slept for 14 hours before i went to see her for the first time.  I remember the doctor came to wake me up twice to go and see her and try breastfeeding. i was so tired, i just shook my head and went back to sleep. She just left me alone.  grin grin. Looking at my daughter now, i know that it was most definitely a privilege.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by KarmaMod(f): 3:46am On Jan 30, 2009
No weird cravings?
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by spoilt(f): 5:20am On Jan 31, 2009
I cant begin to describe the cravings.

The strangest things would come to mind and i would dream of them all day long.
Agege bread ( hot one) , moi moi, Ewa Agoin, Suya . My long throat was legendary. grin

1 Like

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by JJYOU: 2:19pm On Feb 02, 2009
KarmaMod:

No weird cravings?
dont be scared it is good for you
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by dani1luv: 3:01pm On Feb 02, 2009
I aint MARRIED OH cheesy
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by flakkydudu(f): 3:09pm On Feb 09, 2009
I'm pregnant with my first child, my EDD is 14th Feb (Val Day) and i pray the baby comes on that day,for the pregnancy it's wonderful to know a life is growing in you, so it keeps you growing though it not always easy.
Some days you feel strong enough to go mountain climbing and some days you can't even lift you leg.

I'll be back to tell you about the delivery experience, pray 4me as i go to have it easy (cos scan says my baby is already 3.78Kg bigger tan some born baby)
But i Trust in God for all to go well.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Ilelobola: 3:28pm On Feb 09, 2009
flakkydudu:

I'm pregnant with my first child, my EDD is 14th Feb (Val Day) and i pray the baby comes on that day,for the pregnancy it's wonderful to know a life is growing in you, so it keeps you growing though it not always easy.
Some days you feel strong enough to go mountain climbing and some days you can't even lift you leg.

I'll be back to tell you about the delivery experience, pray 4me as i go to have it easy (cos scan says my baby is already 3.78Kg bigger tan some born baby)
But i Trust in God for all to go well.

Congratulations and Good luck, you only have a few days to go now. Pray it goes well and you find labour easy but most importantly, you and baby (ies) are well. 3.78kgs isn't too big and it probably won't be growing any bigger in the last week.

I think morning sickness is worse than labour, at least with labour you know it's only for a few hours or perhaps 2 days if you are really unlucky but morning sickness that lasts weeks and weeks and you have no idea when it will end, if it does at all for the whole 9 months.
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by malaika(f): 11:38am On Feb 10, 2009
::
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by chihums(m): 11:59am On Feb 10, 2009
malaika, u really sounded like a lovely and romantic lady. hope ur Baby is bouncing and ur husband is really giving u his petting arms. take kia of that Baby because na my son go marry am
Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by tundysho(m): 12:04am On Mar 15, 2009
This term has been so commonly used and i want someone to help me with the meaning.'BOUNCING BABY'.
are babies like footballs that they call them bouncing.

That apart.I realy want to give it up to all mothers.I now truly appreciate my mum and my wife,
after reading thru all these postings.
Mothers are wonderful pple that needs to be properly nutured
and carefully handled like a crate of eggs.
Those animals that batter their wives are supposed to be
kept in zoos together with baboons and wild reptiles.

Even though I am a man,i wish i could help my wife in bearing the pain,but God that made it that way, is a perfect God

What more can i say than to pray for long life for all mothers, to see thier own grand children and great grand children too.AMEN

1 Like

Re: First Pregnancy. First Labor. First Baby. How Was It? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 15, 2009
tundysho:

This term has been so commonly used and i want someone to help me with the meaning.'BOUNCING BABY'.
are babies like footballs that they call them bouncing.

That apart.I realy want to give it up to all mothers.I now truly appreciate my mum and my wife,
after reading thru all these postings.
Mothers are wonderful pple that needs to be properly nutured
and carefully handled like a crate of eggs.
Those animals that batter their wives are supposed to be
kept in zoos together with baboons and wild reptiles.

Even though I am a man,i wish i could help my wife in bearing the pain,but God that made it that way, is a perfect God

What more can i say than to pray for long life for all mothers, to see thier own grand children and great grand children too.AMEN

He is a perfect God because of that? shocked shocked shocked cheesy

If my husband does not show up in the delivery room, he's going to be carrying the second baby by force by fire cool cool

malaika:

interesting topic, well I had my first baby 2 and a half weeks ago, a lovely angel baby girl born weighing 3kg, I had a natural birth with epidural. Thank God for epidural! I had to ask for a top-up dose because the first dose ran out too quickly and the contractions were so painful and coming every few minutes, but I still demanded that they top me up grin

I started having period-like pains the night before at around 9am but I thought it was normal as baby was moving down into position (I was waiting for the 'show' ie mucus plug to come out). The pains were bearable but I hardly slept that night. In the morning I decided to call my gynae/obstetrician and ask what I should do. He told me to come to his offices and be ready to go into hospital. At around 10 I was at the Doc's offices and the pains were getting intense, but still manageable. When he examined me he said "you would have delivered this baby at home all in the name of "waiting for the show", you are 4cm dilated, go to the hospital I will tell them to expect you". My husband was speechless. When we left the Dr's offices I still wanted to visit my stepbrother in hospital before booking myself in but when I got to the hospital lobby I had my first "serious" contraction and made a fast u-turn to the women's clinic where I planned to deliver my baby! grin My birth experience was very intimate, not chaotic like they like to show on TV. It was just me, hubby, the gynae and a senior nurse in the room, don't know where the pediatrician was but thank God there was no need for her, I finally pushed my baby out at 18:45 and she was perfect though tired, poor thing. They had to give her a dose of oxygen then she let out a cry, the best cry I've ever heard. I pray to go that she stays healthy and strong. I tore down there and got some stitches but they've already healed and I'm dying to get back to gym. Ladies do you also tie your tummy's to help get things back into shape?

stop scaring us shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"My Wife Secretly Married Another Man, Tried To Poison Me & Sell My Duplex" / My Sister's Marriage Is About Hitting The Rocks / Kenyan Man Takes His Mother To Harvard University 24 Years After His Graduation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.