Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,074 members, 7,977,101 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 07:40 PM

We Are Sorry, Keshi, Eyeama Apologize, Vow To Win Next Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / We Are Sorry, Keshi, Eyeama Apologize, Vow To Win Next Match (1190 Views)

BREAKING NEWS Super Eagle Expell Eyeama From Camp / Pic: Ronaldo To Wear Diamond-encrusted Gold Boots In Next Match / Why Real Madrid Will Win Next Season's UEFA Champions League. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Sorry, Keshi, Eyeama Apologize, Vow To Win Next Match by nickxtra(m): 6:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
Coach Stephen Keshi and captain Vincent Enyeama have apologised to Nigerians for the stunning 1-0 defeat by Sudan in Khartoum on Saturday.

The Super Eagles returned to the country on Sunday morning to be met by an unfriendly reception from fans at the Nnamdi Azikwe Airport following their disappointing performance in Khartoum less than 24 hours ago.

The 52-year-old tactician, while addressing a handful of sports journalists, rued a couple of wasted chances early into the crucial 2015 Afcon qualifying match and says the team will bounce right back on Wednesday when the host the Sudanese in a return leg fixture.

“I must ask you to help me apologise to Nigerians for this loss because they have so much belief in this team and here we are disappointing them,” Keshi said.
“The day was simply not ours, because we had a couple of early chances that we would have used to bury the game but the ball simply refused to enter into the net.

“Once again on behalf of the team I want to apologise to Nigerians and promise them we will make an immediate amend come Wednesday.

“This is the first time I am doing this in my entire career as a player and coach.”

Goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama added: “We didn’t go out there to lose to Sudan but it has happened and that is now history and I apologise on behalf of my teammates for that but we must quickly forgive and forget because we have a game on Wednesday and if we win that and our last two games, we will still be in Morocco.

“Let Nigerians forgive us and also pray for us to win our remaining games. Source: http://www.informationng.com/2014/10/we-are-sorry-nigerians-says-keshi-enyeama.html

1 Like

Re: We Are Sorry, Keshi, Eyeama Apologize, Vow To Win Next Match by ifaoni(m): 7:28pm On Oct 12, 2014
we wont 4give u until u return our money. Tax payers money.

1 Like

Re: We Are Sorry, Keshi, Eyeama Apologize, Vow To Win Next Match by hollandis(f): 7:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
Why cant they just sack this guy?

2 Likes

Re: We Are Sorry, Keshi, Eyeama Apologize, Vow To Win Next Match by orobs93(m): 7:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
Hahahah...
I remember those days...u read stuffs like;
Eagles in make or mar encounter
It is do or die
Win or burst
We are going for war
We will shed blood
Etc
And they av always failed.

2 Likes

Re: We Are Sorry, Keshi, Eyeama Apologize, Vow To Win Next Match by nickxtra(m): 7:47pm On Oct 12, 2014
hollandis:
Why cant they just sack this guy?
If you ask me, na who I go ask?
Re: We Are Sorry, Keshi, Eyeama Apologize, Vow To Win Next Match by wordychap: 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2014
Y can't this people just shot up and loss as usual
Re: We Are Sorry, Keshi, Eyeama Apologize, Vow To Win Next Match by Provie(m): 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2014
After so much bragging in the build-up to the Sudan match, the most honourable thing for the duo of Keshi and Enyeama would have been to keep quiet. But dey won't; politics is so infectious.
Re: We Are Sorry, Keshi, Eyeama Apologize, Vow To Win Next Match by submarine1(m): 8:30pm On Oct 12, 2014
thesame vow you made against sudan..
Re: We Are Sorry, Keshi, Eyeama Apologize, Vow To Win Next Match by MAYOWAAK: 8:37pm On Oct 12, 2014
WHAT THE SUPER EAGLES PLAYERS SAID BEFORE THE SUDAN GAME

EFE AMBROSE: "We don't want to know the kind of pitch we will be playing in Sudan, whether it's a rock or stone, three points are sure."

AHMED MUSA: "We are not scared of the weather, I'm an African and can adapt. I promise to score on Saturday".

VINCENT ENYEAMA: "We will beat Sudan in front of their fans, home and away."

ELDERSON ECHIEJILE: "We are first and foremost Nigerians and born in Africa, we will cope with the weather or pitch".

The players spoke with Emma njoku of the Sun Newspapers on Saturday. That's my source.

My take
Imagine Mikel and Emenike blaming the pitch for Nigeria's defeat?

3 Likes

Re: We Are Sorry, Keshi, Eyeama Apologize, Vow To Win Next Match by seankay(m): 11:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
Dem use "vow" swear for enyeama and keshi

2 Likes

Re: We Are Sorry, Keshi, Eyeama Apologize, Vow To Win Next Match by Omolecturer(m): 11:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
Nah today
Re: We Are Sorry, Keshi, Eyeama Apologize, Vow To Win Next Match by kris(m): 5:53am On Oct 13, 2014
lol dem too get mouth.

MAYOWAAK:
WHAT THE SUPER EAGLES PLAYERS SAID BEFORE THE SUDAN GAME

EFE AMBROSE: "We don't want to know the kind of pitch we will be playing in Sudan, whether it's a rock or stone, three points are sure."

AHMED MUSA: "We are not scared of the weather, I'm an African and can adapt. I promise to score on Saturday".

VINCENT ENYEAMA: "We will beat Sudan in front of their fans, home and away."

ELDERSON ECHIEJILE: "We are first and foremost Nigerians and born in Africa, we will cope with the weather or pitch".

The players spoke with Emma njoku of the Sun Newspapers on Saturday. That's my source.

My take
Imagine Mikel and Emenike blaming the pitch for Nigeria's defeat?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking!!! Arsenal Boss Divorces Wife. Chooses club over wife / Subscribe To This New Youtube Channel For Latest Soccer Videos / Newly 100% Working Sport Bet Winning Strategy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.