Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,278 members, 7,887,807 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:12 PM

Can Nigerians Ever Experience Non Light Interuption In Nigeria? I Doubt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nigerians Ever Experience Non Light Interuption In Nigeria? I Doubt (747 Views)

Opinion Pool: Can Nigerians Ever Be One Again? / Tribalism Vs Democracy - Can Africans/Nigerians Ever Break The Yoke Of Tribalism / Can Nigerians Ever Have A Young President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigerians Ever Experience Non Light Interuption In Nigeria? I Doubt by onoerime: 2:41pm On Oct 13, 2014
I felt i need to ask. What is really happening in the nigerian power sector? Since the privatization of the energy sector i disagree to agree that there are visible improvements in the sector. The only difference between the old phcn and the present transmission company is the voluminous increase of electricity tarrif. What is the cause of failures in the power sector? Is it lack of capable hands or the Capital, or pure wickedness? Can't the whole of nigeria celebrate one day of non light interuption? Which people are behind these sabotage? Could there be a change for better improved electricity in nigeria? I doubt.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Experience Non Light Interuption In Nigeria? I Doubt by Tenim47(m): 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2014
Then i wil ask u, "can PHNC b free 4rm spell?
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Experience Non Light Interuption In Nigeria? I Doubt by Dominionng(m): 2:50pm On Oct 13, 2014
It's possible OP. GEJ can be the next American President.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Experience Non Light Interuption In Nigeria? I Doubt by Demdem(m): 2:52pm On Oct 13, 2014
Not when Egbere Jonaadaft is in charge.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigerians Ever Experience Non Light Interuption In Nigeria? I Doubt by anonimi: 2:57pm On Oct 13, 2014
Demdem:
Not when Egbere Jonaadaft is in charge.

I thought that not-egbere Fash'Ole and his godfather Thief'nubu has been launching different IPPs since over 15 years. You don hear sey non light interruption dey for Lagos state
This was almost one year ago =>

EkoIle1:

Re: Can Nigerians Ever Experience Non Light Interuption In Nigeria? I Doubt by Demdem(m): 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2014
anonimi:

I thought that not-egbere Fash'Ole and his godfather Thief'nubu has been launching differnt IPPs since over 15 years. You don hear sey non light interruption dey for Lagos state
This was almost one year ago =>

Fool, what's my business with this lot? Especially, thiefnuubu, what office is he occupying? Are u ok at all? He is not even my governor.
Again I state, Nigerians can't have constant light as long as the otuokpe drunkard is in power.

1 Like

Re: Can Nigerians Ever Experience Non Light Interuption In Nigeria? I Doubt by philantoxx(m): 3:03pm On Oct 13, 2014
yess we can.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Experience Non Light Interuption In Nigeria? I Doubt by EventHUB(f): 3:06pm On Oct 13, 2014
*spread my mat*
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Experience Non Light Interuption In Nigeria? I Doubt by seankafor(m): 3:09pm On Oct 13, 2014
Demdem:

Fool, what's my business with this lot? Are u ok at all? He is not even my governor.
Again I state, Nigerians can't have constant light as long as the otuokpe drunkard is in power.
measure how many years it took u s and otther countries to have light..multiply it by their population.add it from the year they got indepence.then check what year nigeria is.then tell me what u got. U will see that nigeria is just begining
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Experience Non Light Interuption In Nigeria? I Doubt by davdandam(m): 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2014
Yea it's possible. ....each state should generate its own power.
Re: Can Nigerians Ever Experience Non Light Interuption In Nigeria? I Doubt by Demdem(m): 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2014
seankafor:
measure how many years it took u s and otther countries to have light..multiply it by their population.add it from the year they got indepence.then check what year nigeria is.then tell me what u got. U will see that nigeria is just begining

Tell that to the marines. Power plants aren't rocket science neither are they new inventions. To make sure all homes have access to it is no big deal for a govt that is highly focused and determined. My being mobile will limit some examples I would like to give but for now chew this 2007 article from a developing country. Nothing is wrong if we target close to half of this.

Last Updated: Tuesday, 19 June 2007, 22:22 GMT 23:22 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version
China building more power plants
By Roger Harrabin
BBC Environment Analyst

Power station in China
China is building two large power stations every week
China is now building about two power stations every week, the top climate change official at the UK Foreign Office, John Ashton, has said.

He said there was no point blaming China for rising global CO2 emissions.

Rich nations had to set an example of low-carbon development for China to follow, Mr Ashton told the BBC.

His statement came as a new report suggested that China may have already become the world's biggest polluter - much earlier than expected.

The Netherlands Environmental Assessment Agency said China's CO2 emissions had risen by 9% last year, compared with 1.4% in the US.

Carbon footprint

"It is a massive challenge," Mr Ashton told the BBC following a recent trip to China.

"We need to convince China that they don't have to make a choice between prosperity and protecting the climate. We need to help them towards a low-carbon future.

"There is also a moral case. Most of the greenhouse gases in the atmosphere have been put there by developed countries without the constraint of having to worry about the climate. That means we should bear the leading edge of responsibility.

Mr Ashton added that the Chinese had put out their first climate strategy, in an effort "to get to grips with their emissions and use energy efficiently".

He pointed out that much of China's emissions growth was being driven by consumers in the West buying Chinese goods, and noted that China's emissions per person were still well below t

(1) (Reply)

Ghost On Political Section / Jonathan Has Been Correcting The Wrongs Of The Past... / Peter Obi - Agulu Lake Project Said To Be Frustrated By Politics – By Mokwe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.