Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,468 members, 7,968,302 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 12:50 AM

What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? (4281 Views)

The Position Of Ebonyians In Igbo Politics. / Naivety, Avarice In Igbo Politics / What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by reedonne: 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2014
I think Ohaneze's political agenda is to make Igbo a strong bloc in both PDP and APC.
Igbo's cant put all their machinery in a party, if they lose, they lose everything. But if you are a strong bloc in both party, you will always have an alternative.
Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by cjrane: 7:30pm On Oct 13, 2014
adeitoro:
Igbokwe Joe, mr pro-APC because Igbos are not supporting your lord and master Tinubu who even pay you to write this nonsense, that is why you are angry.

If your APC can guarantee Igbos of a concensus Igbo Presidential Candidiate come 2015 election, they will definately be more Pro - APCheat than you, believe me.

But the problem is the like of Tinubu (your master), Buhari, will not allow that to happen, that is why they choosed the lesser devil PDP.

#ukochukwunathesamepeople.

[size=15pt]Buahahahah... lol... grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
The funny thing with this so called Joe igbokwe APC write up is that it born in the usual yoruba delusion that only them can "advise" Igbo on what is good for them.

When Yoruba had decided to become slaves to the north,it is a "shophisticated decision", but when Igbo lend their support to a fellow marginalized southern minority group to feel a sense of belonging in governing Nigeria, it is a silly decision in their evil minds.

Wicked people.
[/size]

12 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 7:40pm On Oct 13, 2014
Igbos are finished
igbos sold their birthright
bla bla blla
Its ok nah.
Una wey Neva sell Una birthright make you dey enjoy Nigerian politics and stop crying more than the bereaved .

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by Arch1: 7:42pm On Oct 13, 2014
cjrane:

[size=15pt]Buahahahah... lol... grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
The funny thing with this so called Joe Igbokwe write up is that it born in the usual yoruba delusion that only them can "advise" Igbo on what is good for them.

When Yoruba had decided to become slaves to the north,it is a "shophisticated decision", but when Igbo lend their support to a fellow marginalized southern minority group to feel a sense of belonging in governing Nigeria, it is a silly decision in their evil minds.

Wicked people.
[/size]
Your stup1dity is nauseating

joe ibokwe, an ibo man wrote an article about the fate of the ibos in Nigerian politics and the only thing you could do was to denigrate the Yorubas ... Are you crazy?

It is so funny to read you refer to others as slaves. Ibos are the slaves and political prostitutes in Nigeria ... You arent supporting Gej because he is a 'southern minority'. You are supporting him because the ibos are ignominously known for licking the a55 of any government in power

14 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by olaadegoke(m): 7:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
jfking2005:
I guess an average igbo man has a price if this does not make sense to any of them.

That is a broad statement.Stop generalization,Stop tribalisim.
Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by argon500: 7:51pm On Oct 13, 2014
Ibos are not relevant in Nigeria politics because they(ibo) do not trust themselves. @op, nice observation

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by Controversy: 7:53pm On Oct 13, 2014
Igbo will never support a loser like Buhari and APC.

8 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by djon78(m): 8:05pm On Oct 13, 2014
Though I dont like what our political leaders are doing sometimes, but joe igbokwe should just shut his trap up.
Claiming to notice that Igbos have lost political relevance in Nigeria is trash.
Igbos lost political relevance since 1970. We are just survivors as far as Nigeria is concerend. The INJUSTICE of least num of states, LG, senators and allocation he was banding about, was it not successive past govt that ensured such.
Honestly most of us dont give a hoot where the president comes from, rather we seek a president that will ensure justice/equality/ equity among all people of this nation, not one that will favour some sections over others and be claiming the hypocrisy of Unity and One Nigeria, while there actions does not suggest such.
As for politician, all of them are the same in this nation, greedy, selfish, self centred and wicked, including his oga for burdillion.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 13, 2014
my only concern is how they ganged up with ibb to truncate Abiola's mandate.
yorubas are damn too forgetful, we should see these beats of no nations as enemies in our land and frustrate them like in the north.
#ibosareourenemies.
pass the message

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2014
Arch1:
So you want APC to 'give' the ibos the 2015 Presidential ticket just like that.

Why must you ibos always expect others to spoon feed you? When APC made overtures to ibo politicians wasnt it only Rochas Okorocha that joined the APC camp ... And ever since he has been the target of ceaseless insults from his ibo kinsmen.

PDP on the other hand is a Northern dominated party. There are more than 12 Northern PDP Governors whereas there are only 3 ibo PDP Governors.

You have no stake in PDP, you have no stake in APC. APGA which is an ibo party is also long dead.

the bold is the most painful part of it.

Chai!

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 13, 2014
But Oba of Lagos collected money from IBB shared to Yoruba monarch to kill Abiola, how does that concern Igbos

Oba of Lagos, His Royal Highness Rilwan Akiolu, has opened up on the role he played in the alleged bribery of some Yoruba monarchs by late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha, to frustrate the struggle against the annulment of the June 12, 1993 presidential election believed to have been won by late business mogul, Chief MKO Abiola.

The monarch, who was the Lagos State Police Commissioner at the time, said that with the exception of one or two traditional rulers, other prominent Yoruba Obas collected bribe from the Abacha administration, declaring that he personally shared the money to the monarchs.

The monarch said the traditional rulers collected the bribe from Abacha to assist the late Head of State to remain in office following the relentless protests that trailed his coming to power.

He hinted that he has the names of the monarchs and the role they played, especially the Yoruba traditional rulers and vowed to expose them after the 2015 general elections.

Oba Akiolu stated this on Sunday in Ijebu Ode, Ogun State, during the visit of the Emir of Kano and former Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, Muhammed Sanusi II, to the Awujale and Paramount Ruler of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona, at his palace.

He was part of Emir Sanusi’s entourage to Ijebu-Ode after the latter had visited him at his Iga Idunganran Palace in Lagos on Saturday.

Delivering his speech at the palace, Oba Akiolu disclosed that he had spoken with President Goodluck Jonathan to forgive and forget the errors that Mallam Sanusi might have committed as CBN Governor, adding that all humans are prone to errors.

He said: “The Awujale is not part of them (corrupt monarchs). When the time comes, I am going to expose those monarchs who were given bribes in order to aid the late Head of State, Gen. Sani Abacha, to remain in power.

“I was a Commissioner of Police then in Lagos; I was at the meeting where money was being shared to the monarchs; I know those that collected money. I was given the share of Awujale to send it across to him, but I told them, right there that he will never collect the money and truly, when he was approached, he rejected it.

“There are some monarchs that I personally gave their own share and they collected it from me. I have their names and when the time comes, I will expose them. I am not afraid of anybody; they are corrupt and those are some of the bad eggs in the traditional institution. These are the people, you (Emir of Kano) should be very careful of associating with,” Oba Akiolu stated.

He advised the Emir not to look down on his subjects, as they were the main source of his traditional power.

It will be recalled that former Lagos State Governor and National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Alhaji Bola Tinubu had during the 80th birthday of the Awujale last May taken a swipe at Yoruba Obas, saying that most of them soiled their hands during Abacha’s regime.

Earlier in his welcome address, Oba Adetona applauded the contributions of the Emir to the economy of this country when he was the governor at the apex bank.

Among dignitaries at the palace to join the monarch to receive his guests were the former governor of the state, who is also the Aremo of Ijebuland, Chief Olusegun Osoba, Senator Adegbenga Kaka, the three state commissioners from Ijebu Ode: Otunba Bimbo Ashiru (Commerce and Industry), Adebayo Fari (Forestry) and Olugbenga Otenuga (Physical and Urban Planning).

Also present were members of the state Council of Obas and Ijebu chiefs, religious leaders, the Hausa community in Ijebuland.

Mallam Sanusi explained that he decided to visit the two Obas in the South West because they were the only ones who identified with him during his coronation as the new Emir of Kano, adding that they were his adopted fathers.

Teejizzle:
yorubas are damn too forgetful, we should see these beats of no nations as enemies in our land and frustrate them like in the north.
#ibosareourenemies.
pass the message

9 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 13, 2014
go through this link and see how Yorubas killed Abiola like the way they killed Awolowo
https://www.nairaland.com/1917682/oba-lagos-bombshell-shared-abachas

Teejizzle:
#ibosareourenemies.
pass the message

6 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by shiffynaani(m): 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2014
Descartes:
Have you heard of the Rice mill in Ebonyi ?
na only rice mill WAKA come? What of others..
Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by backtosender: 9:04pm On Oct 13, 2014
If you igbos are political irrelevant why is gambaris and their slaves sweating and pooing in their dirty pants for? i dont understand.

7 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 13, 2014
The annoying thing about threads like this is that NLers will see the blatant and long standing tribalism displayed in this thread without saying a word.

When Igbos retaliate the whiners and criers and the general NL populace will flip the script on us whilst calling US tribalist.

Ain't that grand?

Now watch as some sap quotes me by saying that Igbos somehow deserve the unprovoked tribalism we get. 1...2...3....

8 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2014
"Yorooba" man please is not ibo but IGBO
Arch1:
Your stup1dity is nauseating

joe ibokwe, an ibo man wrote an article about the fate of the ibos in Nigerian politics and the only thing you could do was to denigrate the Yorubas ... Are you crazy?

It is so funny to read you refer to others as slaves. Ibos are the slaves and political prostitutes in Nigeria ... You arent supporting Gej because he is a 'southern minority'. You are supporting him because the ibos are ignominously known for licking the a55 of any government in power

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by asandigbo(f): 11:25pm On Oct 13, 2014
Joe igbokwe should remove dat Igbo 4rm his name. he speaks Igbo bt doesn't rily undastand d people
Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by thewarrior72: 11:45pm On Oct 13, 2014
grin grin It beats my imagination why thesame yorubas who has'b peddling the negative rumour, "igbo population is insignificant& inconsequential to decide/alter election outcome" are the ones berating & lambasting igbos for supporting GEJ?.
Since our population is too whit (according to yoruba)to give us a bargaining power for political office, then u guys should stop crying more than the bereaved & leave us alone to decide our fate.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by Lamour1: 1:56am On Oct 14, 2014
Why wont most people just let these people be for christ sake.if the yorubas choose to follow the northerners and the igbo's choose to follow the S.southerners, why does their decision take away sleep from peoples eyes.we have freedom of association and people do what they like wether it will favour them or not. The problem of this country is lazy beings that spread hatred through social media in the name of campaign. Since these two regions have refused to save this country from impending destruction, i foresee the end of Nigeria. I have had dealings with Igbo's, and frankly speaking, these guys don't care one beat about who becomes what in Nigerian political setting.if Buhari happens to win GEJ, they will still exist and excel same with other tribes. If GEJ wins next election, may things will change, many people will die politically forever and if buhari wins, same thing. I will suggest that most of you should get a job or learn a trade that will keep you busy and make you important than coming here to sow seeds of Discord among these tribes. Let me ask, how much was orji kalu, tinubu, alao akala, jolli et al worth before becoming Governors and how much are they worth now that will make you guys stay awake day in day out to rant online. Most times peoples
names are mentioned and before you say jack, they will appear from no where to comment immediately; highest order of laziness and low self worth.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:13am On Oct 14, 2014
BuddahMonk:
[size=28pt]Even Google know it[/size]
ibos re thieves ibos re reputation smearas ibo re usurpers ibos re crooks,canny nd cunny. ibos re common thieves...it runs in d blood. ibos re fucking chest beaters, ibos are parasites ibos form large number of prostitutes in nigeria. ibos ave d highest number of armed robbers in nigeria ibos ave d highest number of cocain nd narcotics pushers in africa
ibos re well adept in taking nd bragging ova wat dosent belong to them. well when war comes up in dis madt contri...watch out for me d way I will slaughter ibos like goat nd destroy all dey ave here in my barrio..dats if dey ave viable 1nes....ur crime for callimg all ur generational nd family problems yoruba.....for calling yoruba yoloba....every ibo blood viewing dis thread shall die an untimely death better still b4 dis year runs out. nting pains me dan seeing a region filled wth gullible pple dat sustained dis vermins...yet dey call my pple yoloba....u shall in holy mary name die an untimely death all ibos viewing

2 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by mapist(m): 11:10pm On Nov 01, 2014
Controversy:
Igbo will never support a loser like Buhari and APC.

So,even if APC comes up wt d most credible candidate,u won't still vote him.ur post even reels of TRIBALISM..at dis stage,pple cud stl be so TRIBALISTIC..smh..well,u shud try to av a "value reorientation".
Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 01, 2014
[b]As 2015 draws near, our prominent and eminent Igbo leaders do not think about the state of the nation. They are not worried about insecurity in the land. They are not worried about the tragedy in the power sector, they are not worried about outrageous corruption, impunity and mediocrity at the federal level, they are not worried about the threat to national unity, they are not worried about colossal decay of infrastructure, they are not worried about the decay in our schools and hospitals, they are not worried about Nigeria’s monumental battered image and they are not worried about Nigeria’s threatened future. There is no strategic alliance with the major ethnic groups, the Hausa-Fulani and the Yoruba just for the sake of Nigeria. They abuse them and call them names forgetting that they need their votes to rule Nigeria. They allow their flanks to be infiltrated for a mess of porridge. It is money for hand back for ground. It is give me money and I kill myself (Inyem ego egbuom onwem). The truth is that Igbo has been left behind in matters of Nigerian politics. There is no strong presence in PDP and no strong presence in APC, the two major parties. Igbo politics worries me to the bones![/b]

This part here is frightening. He aptly describes the saTANs on nairaland who are majorly Igbo people. They dont have the power of deep thinking or critical reasoning

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by kakakent: 11:20pm On Nov 01, 2014
lekkie073:
Ibos..... Back benchers in Nigerian politics since 1967

And so has that stopped u guy from leaving them alone? Simply becos they support gej ah ah no be democracy again nawa oh
Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 01, 2014
OkijaAmaka:
go through this link and see how Yorubas killed Abiola like the way they killed Awolowo
https://www.nairaland.com/1917682/oba-lagos-bombshell-shared-abachas

With that your big head, be careful. Well have you gotten that job or still unemployed?
Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by jomijoke: 1:19am On Nov 02, 2014
With their present set of political leaders in the PDP & APGA, an IBO man can never become the President of Nigeria. They think dt an Hausa dominated PDP will allow an IBO Presidency come 2019? Having concede power to the South for so long. Ibos never learn. Rather than team up with d SW(dt accommodated u with love) to actualise your dream u allowed a minority group to dangle banana at u. Let's wait n see 2019: SE+SS =minority vote, North + SW= majority (Presidency for life). Don't think that Yorubas are ready to give any sympathy vote to gej again.
Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by Curlieweed: 4:23pm On Dec 05, 2014
OkijaAmaka:
But Oba of Lagos collected money from IBB shared to Yoruba monarch to kill Abiola, how does that concern Igbos

Alusi get time to dey reply ignorant mortals.

Anyway for the purpose of this thread, the Oba of Lagos is Igbo.
Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by Curlieweed: 4:30pm On Dec 05, 2014
lowgeorge:
ibos re thieves ibos re reputation smearas ibo re usurpers ibos re crooks,canny nd cunny. ibos re common thieves...it runs in d blood. ibos re fucking chest beaters, ibos are parasites ibos form large number of prostitutes in nigeria. ibos ave d highest number of armed robbers in nigeria ibos ave d highest number of cocain nd narcotics pushers in africa
ibos re well adept in taking nd bragging ova wat dosent belong to them. well when war comes up in dis madt contri...watch out for me d way I will slaughter ibos like goat nd destroy all dey ave here in my barrio..dats if dey ave viable 1nes....ur crime for callimg all ur generational nd family problems yoruba.....for calling yoruba yoloba....every ibo blood viewing dis thread shall die an untimely death better still b4 dis year runs out. nting pains me dan seeing a region filled wth gullible pple dat sustained dis vermins...yet dey call my pple yoloba....u shall in holy mary name die an untimely death all ibos viewing

Holy Mary? This is why I fear Catholics more than Islamists. Islamists dey learn work where una dey.

What a rant!
Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by hersexyness(f): 8:38pm On Dec 05, 2014
500GP:
WHAT IS THE IBO GOOD AT ? ACADEMICALLY, SOCIALLY, POLITICALLY, ECONOMICALLY IBO TRIBE IS NOTHING.

IBO TRIBE THOUGHT WAEC AND JAMB STATISTICS MAKE IS USE IN MEASURINF OF ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE . 2×2 SHOP WITH FAKE GOODS ARE USE IN MEASURING ECONOMIC ABILITY....

IBO TRIBE IS A LEARNER TRIBE IN THIS COUNTRY

The most intelligentNL its not IBO but IGBO.... empty brain....
Igbo dis Igbo dat, jobless tribe....

since u guys ve bin on top am Stil wondering y Nig is underdeveloped, one of d most corrupt nations etc....

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by madamoringo(f): 8:51pm On Dec 05, 2014
hersexyness:

The most intelligentNL its not IBO but IGBO.... empty brain....
Igbo dis Igbo dat, jobless tribe....

since u guys ve bin on top am Stil wondering y Nig is underdeveloped, one of d most corrupt nations etc....

Are you ibo? Naija is under-developed because of you people not pulling your weight! Fact is without the SW, ibos will have no "London" of naija to run to except of course run their Dubai of Soweto harder into the ground!
Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by BaddieKay(f): 10:52pm On Dec 05, 2014
its amazing how some people show their foolishness....someone came here to pray death for every igbo viewing the thread and he calls himself a sensible man?All i see is stupidity.You can hate all u like,and as 4 d death u wish igbos i wish em all back to u.#GodBlessTheIgboNation

Nothing good will happen to dis country until the elders who hv been ruling this country since 1960 handover to the acclaimed leaders of tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:24am On Dec 06, 2014
reedonne:
I think Ohaneze's political agenda is to make Igbo a strong bloc in both PDP and APC.
Igbo's cant put all their machinery in a party, if they lose, they lose everything. But if you are a strong bloc in both party, you will always have an alternative.

And how has that so-called agenda worked out for ndigbo? its only a fool that keeps repeating thesame mistake and expects a different result. Sadly, Ndigbo would never be a strong political force as long as it continues to play politics of naivety.
Re: What Is Wrong With Igbo Politics In Nigeria? by MayorofLagos(m): 3:39am On Dec 06, 2014
Ijaw is the new political majority in the Eastern sector. Ibo abandoned home, they self labeled themselves adventurers and entrepreneurs. Their adventure has rendered them politically irrelevant, economically irrelevant and geographically they are refugees at any one's will to deport.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gmb & Other African Presidents Above Age 70 / PHOTO: Funny Reply Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Gave To Oshiomole / BREAKING NEWS: Fayose's Girlfriend Absconds With N75m, P.A In Trouble!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.