Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,379 members, 7,881,353 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:34 PM

Fear - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fear (1030 Views)

What Did Jesus Say About: Terrorism, Disaster And Fear? / Why Do You Fear Death? / Should We Live In The Fear Or In The Hope Of The Coming Of Jesus Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 13, 2014
This is very personal so i will need very honest, intelligent answers. I'll b honest, i don't have the best understanding of the bible(confuses me sometimes, leaves me terrified other times) so i would like to ask, what does the bible say about fear?
Re: Fear by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2014
I hope my answer sounds intelligent to you only if you think intelligently.....Nobody ever told you to kill your mother is wrong you knew it,Morality is innate,drop that bible it will only F---U---C--K You up secondly,christianity is only measured in mass appeal,the day you stop believing in the religion bullcrap you would start to live freely with no FEAR whatsoever because that fear instilled into you is done through religion to keep you tamed and meek so you could be controlled and governable,politics and religion works hand in hand,read my signature to get straight.

1 Like

Re: Fear by Nobody: 1:51am On Oct 14, 2014
aaronson:
I hope my answer sounds intelligent to you only if you think intelligently.....Nobody ever told you to kill your mother is wrong you knew it,Morality is innate,drop that bible it will only F---U---C--K You up secondly,christianity is only measured in mass appeal,the day you stop believing in the religion bullcrap you would start to live freely with no FEAR whatsoever because that fear instilled into you is done through religion to keep you tamed and meek so you could be controlled and governable,politics and religion works hand in hand,read my signature to get straight.
thanx, but not xactly the answer i was xpecting

1 Like

Re: Fear by Alexk2(m): 8:34am On Oct 14, 2014
The bible talk about fear in two way, bro..
1. Restrianing fear..this is the type we show toward God as explained in eccl. 12:13-14.."....fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man..." this is like the type of fear we have for our fathers when we are young; we don't want them to come back and find out we failed to do our assigned duties because we know there will be purnishment. God love us and make a covenant with us true Jesus's blood; we therefore must fulfil our part of the covenant be living by being Holy and pleasing to Him.rom. 12:1-2. The fear for God is a restrainig fear but a rewarding factor.

2. Fear of satan, demons, evil people, objects..e.t.c..this type of fear is destructive..it is the feeling caused by the nearness of possibility of danger or evil and since we are created with feelings, we have the propensity to fear.
Since this type of fear comes from the devil, we must repuke it and refuse to allow it into our lives as a Child of God..read Psalm 23:4..and 1 John 4: 18..contact me if you need more explainatn
Re: Fear by Simpsonrocket(m): 9:59am On Oct 14, 2014
Alexk2:
The bible talk about fear in two way, bro..
1. Restrianing fear..this is the type we show toward God as explained in eccl. 12:13-14.."....fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man..." this is like the type of fear we have for our fathers when we are young; we don't want them to come back and find out we failed to do our assigned duties because we know there will be purnishment. God love us and make a covenant with us true Jesus's blood; we therefore must fulfil our part of the covenant be living by being Holy and pleasing to Him.rom. 12:1-2. The fear for God is a restrainig fear but a rewarding factor.

2. Fear of satan, demons, evil people, objects..e.t.c..this type of fear is destructive..it is the feeling caused by the nearness of possibility of danger or evil and since we are created with feelings, we have the propensity to fear.
Since this type of fear comes from the devil, we must repuke it and refuse to allow it into our lives as a Child of God..read Psalm 23:4..and 1 John 4: 18..contact me if you need more explainatn
^^^ That guy up there has said it all. But to add a few: "And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!"
You should fear God only. Fear opposses our faith in God. If you fear that bad thing will happen to you during a tough situation, you will give the devil power to make that bad thing to happen. Because fear is a form of believe - a negative believe. If you recall in Matt 14:25-32 when Jesus commanded Peter to come to Him walking on the sea, after taking a few step, Peter noticed the boisterous winds that surrounded him, immediately fear gripped him and he started sinking and shouting for help. So always have faith during a fearful situation.
Re: Fear by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2014
Thanx Alexk2 and simpsonrocket, i appreciate it. Currently studying dose passages and will say wen i nid more xplanation

(1) (Reply)

MIRACLE!!!:Woman Who Married At 43, Gave Birth To Her First Child At Age 60. / Attracts The Angels For Assignment – Dr Chris Okafor (liberation City) / Cyberterrorism On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.