Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,382 members, 7,908,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 06:48 PM

Please Help In Evaluating This Cover Letter - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Help In Evaluating This Cover Letter (2966 Views)

Please Constructively Criticise This Cover Letter / Please Help Review this Cover Letter / Imagine This Cover Letter: Can It Work Here in Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help In Evaluating This Cover Letter by Pweezy(m): 7:50am On Oct 14, 2014
Dear Human resource Manager,

I am writing to indicate my interest in the Entry Level Training Programme position currently advertised by your firm. The position really calls for qualifications and skills that allign with my academic and professional background.

I am a graduate of Banking and Finance with Second Class (Upper Division), also an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Administration (CIA) and a Graduate Member of Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM). I am fully prepared to utilize my knowledge and skills in this role.
I have worked as a front desk officer at Promonomics Limited, a Publishing and Advertising firm, where I assisted in administrative and office support role, and also as an executive officer at P-weezy Media Consult where I organized and managed a group of intellectual students to generate leads, arranged, planned and delivered product and services using advanced media aids at meetings and events.

Aside meeting the qualifications and having developed my skills in various business settings, my research on Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction in Nigerian Banks tally with my career ambitions.

I look forward to your kind response. Please Find attached a copy of my Curriculum vitae for further review.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help In Evaluating This Cover Letter by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 9:04am On Oct 14, 2014
simple and plain...that's how a cover letter ought to be like, though I anit HR but must say that it goes through the heart

2 Likes

Re: Please Help In Evaluating This Cover Letter by cellors: 11:00am On Oct 14, 2014
Nice one !
Straight to the point and very good.
This would capture the interest of any H.R manager that is keen on doing a good job.
Considering millions of C.V/Cover letter we receive everyday, a straight to the point cover letter that highlights major skills, competence and qualification is a sure banker anytime, anyday!.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Please Help In Evaluating This Cover Letter by Pweezy(m): 11:31am On Oct 14, 2014
tnx for ur contributions...its still open for creative criticism
Re: Please Help In Evaluating This Cover Letter by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 14, 2014
Straight to d point,

1 Like

Re: Please Help In Evaluating This Cover Letter by Samyj247: 12:53am On Oct 20, 2014
Pweezy:

I am writing to indicate my interest in the Entry Level Training Programme position currently advertised by your firm. The position really calls for qualifications and skills that allign with my academic and professional background.

I am a graduate of Banking and Finance with Second Class (Upper Division), also an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Administration (CIA) and a Graduate Member of Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM). I am fully prepared to utilize my knowledge and skills in this role.
I have worked as a front desk officer at Promonomics Limited, a Publishing and Advertising firm, where I assisted in administrative and office support role, and also as an executive officer at P-weezy Media Consult where I organized and managed a group of intellectual students to generate leads, arranged, planned and delivered product and services using advanced media aids at meetings and events.

Aside meeting the qualifications and having developed my skills in various business settings, my research on Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction in Nigerian Banks tally with my career ambitions.

I look forward to your kind response. Please Find attached a copy of my Curriculum vitae for further review.
What school did u graduate from.
Re: Please Help In Evaluating This Cover Letter by Mustay(m): 9:46am On Oct 20, 2014
Pweezy:

I am writing to indicate my interest in the Entry Level Training Programme position currently advertised by your firm. [s]The position really calls for qualifications and skills that allign with my academic and professional background.[/s] Commentary: This is really not your concern, it's theirs, go straight to the point.

Aside meeting the qualifications and having developed my skills in various business settings, my research (what research?) on Service Quality and Customer Satisfaction in Nigerian Banks tally with my career ambitions.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help In Evaluating This Cover Letter by Mustay(m): 10:01am On Oct 20, 2014
Find below a modified copy with some comments:

RE: Entry Level Training Programme

Dear Human Resource Manager,

I write to indicate my interest in the Entry Level Training Programme currently advertised by your firm; one which qualifications and skills align with my academic and professional background.

I am a graduate of Banking and Finance with Second Class (Upper Division), an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Administration (CIA) and a Graduate Member of Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM).

I have previously worked as a Front Desk Officer at a publishing and advertising firm where I assisted in administrative and office support role. Similarly, I have worked as an Executive Officer at (just describe what the organization does like above; the name is really not necessary) where I organized and managed a group of intellectual students to generate leads, arranged, planned and delivered product and services using advanced media aids at meetings and events. (So many 'and' there; try to make it concise)

Aside developing my skills and gaining industry experiences in previous roles, I seek further honing of these in an organization that 'builds the potentials of its personnel' (or try and use any of the company values)

Please find attached a copy of my curriculum vitae for further review. I look forward to your response.

Yours sincerely,

XYZ

1 Like

Re: Please Help In Evaluating This Cover Letter by insidifyguru: 10:22am On Oct 20, 2014
Mustay:
Find below a modified copy with some comments:

RE: Entry Level Training Programme

Dear Human Resource Manager,

I write to indicate my interest in the Entry Level Training Programme currently advertised by your firm; one which qualifications and skills align with my academic and professional background.

I am a graduate of Banking and Finance with Second Class (Upper Division), an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Administration (CIA) and a Graduate Member of Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM).

I have previously worked as a Front Desk Officer at a publishing and advertising firm where I assisted in administrative and office support role. Similarly, I have worked as an Executive Officer at (just describe what the organization does like above; the name is really not necessary) where I organized and managed a group of intellectual students to generate leads, arranged, planned and delivered product and services using advanced media aids at meetings and events. (So many 'and' there; try to make it concise)

Aside developing my skills and gaining industry experiences in previous roles, I seek further honing of these in an organization that 'builds the potentials of its personnel' (or try and use any of the company values)

Please find attached a copy of my curriculum vitae for further review. I look forward to your response.

Yours sincerely,

XYZ

This is a very good one Mustay. Pweezy,you would do well to take this draft of your cover letter as re-crafted by Mustay and effect in the copy you have. All the best. #Insidify

1 Like

Re: Please Help In Evaluating This Cover Letter by dulaman: 11:12am On Oct 20, 2014
nice
Re: Please Help In Evaluating This Cover Letter by Pweezy(m): 12:49pm On Oct 20, 2014
[quote author=Mustay post=27293684][/quote]
tnx @mustay...i shall effect d changes

(1) (Reply)

Freelance Graphic Designer In Lagos(works included) / Vmobile Is Recruiting / Paterson Zochonis Plc Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.