Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,903 members, 7,938,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 11:25 AM

Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? (7213 Views)

I Am Looking For Call Of Duty Black Ops Or Advanced Warfare Or Metal Gear Solid / Final Fantasy VII - The Most Anticipated Game "Remake" Of The Century / Which Is Better. God Of War 3 Or Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Naslala(m): 1:20pm On Aug 02, 2006
hi gamers,

Any Final Fantasy or Metal Gear Solid fan here?

If yes, I was kind of rating both games and I came to the conclusion that Metal Gear Solid is hot as in story lines are always superb and also the random graphical effects are amazing. But Final Fantasy has everything and even more so. Please gamers join me in my rating.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by iice(f): 1:34pm On Aug 02, 2006
Final fantasy is really good but i prefer metal gear just because i love espionage lol. . .What's there 2 say? graphics are tight, story lines are gr8t but like u said final fantasy has all those too and like i said based on my love of espionage i choose metal gear grin
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Neoteny(m): 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2006
nah! all mgs ever had to recommend it was gr8 cutscenes and grfx, but we dont much fret over nuclear holocausts these days, so give me ff anyday. my fave ff is ff8 on ps1.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by c0dec(m): 7:12pm On Aug 02, 2006
can't compare both. two totally different genres.

MGS 1 was fresh when it was released and i enjoyed it. the sequels didnt quite match up to it sorta. . .

now i'm a massive fan of FF. played and finished only 4 of them FF6 - FF9. just got my hands on the FFTactics iso. FF is all about the story and the stories rock.

Neoteny:

my fave ff is ff8 on ps1.
FF8 has the weirdest story line and i think it's the weakest. about 9 (not sure) seeD members meet randomly and all of sudden remember they were childhood friends. sounds like something from a soap.

you could use your GF anytime. that was just plain abuse of power and "draw"?. FF7 still remains the best!
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Neoteny(m): 7:28pm On Aug 02, 2006
@codec
i admit ff7 has the ff spirit more than any other episode, but the plotline is more convoluted than any. wat is the relationship between tifa and denzal? is mother same as jenova? a lot of these questions were not answered, not even in advent children. and frankly i much prefer squall to cloud strafe.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by c0dec(m): 7:50pm On Aug 02, 2006
denzel wasn't in the game. but i assume his relationship with tifa is similar to barrett's relationship with marlene. adopted kid. in advent children, mother refers to jenova. a lot of people dont understand the movie so i advise them to go finish the game. it'll all become clear.

FF7 has the coolest/toughest video game villain i've come across - Sephiroth.

and now onto squall vs cloud. squall is ghey. lol. and what's with the gunblade? that my friend, is lame. cloud's limit breaks are unmatched.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Neoteny(m): 8:21pm On Aug 02, 2006
ghey, i assume means GAY, right, in codec-ese? lol. look, a lot of folks root for ff7, i prefer ff8. and i absolutely adore seifer.
squalls gunblade is much cooler, clouds just darn too huge. (wat, is he compensating?) and since advent children is meant to impose some clarity on ff7 (it just murked it up more, far as im concerned) but the point is that I LIKE FF* MORE. its choice, see. ok, some folks like ff9 which is shit cos the characters stink (a tailed minor!??)
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by c0dec(m): 9:37pm On Aug 02, 2006
lol. i kind of liked zidane. he was a ladies man. hehe. FF9 was cool but was just too short. was shocked when i realized i had finished it. i was like it can't be.

yeah seifer was cool. squall's gear was just too ghey (yes, gay). i mean he looked wacked. zell shoulda been the protagonist of the game - just that he was rather dumb but his limit breaks were awesome.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Neoteny(m): 9:53pm On Aug 02, 2006
but i find wats-her-name heartilly (rinoa, is it) a bit too fake. my fave ff female is tifa, no shaking. ff9, bros is kiddie stuff and whoever says otherwise will get flamed. stupid idiotic story dumb silly characters braindead dialogue crap boat-ship distracting active evnts bullshite lame f**k!! square owes me an apology cos i damn near puked.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by ladex142(m): 3:52am On Aug 03, 2006
metal gear !
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Neoteny(m): 12:40pm On Aug 03, 2006
i didnt finish ff7 but i mentioned denzel only cos ffAC is an extension of the game and tho it didnt say tifa adopted denzel, that maternal instinct she displayed wen that gr8 hellish beast kadaj and co summoned was a clue. i mentioned it in another forum but my theory started a flame war. also, clloud stafe's troubled past is something i cant find an explanation for. but it seems like guilt. maybe in the past he was a shinra grunt. wadaya think?
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Gamine(f): 1:15pm On Aug 03, 2006
i always seem to love the bad guys Sephiroth , Seifer i hated squall a lot just liked his hair
Rinoa was so boring to me Irvine and quistis were my fav, yeah FF7 still has the best story FF8 was crapping
FF9 just heart warming.
Comparing FF to MGS dosent cut it, i love espionage and MGS is it for me I Love RPGs and FF fulfills that
they are both great games in their own rights, gr8 stories and graphics, but i guess FF comes to mind more often for me grin
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Neoteny(m): 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2006
Gamine:

FF8 was crapping

heretic.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Gamine(f): 1:33pm On Aug 03, 2006
tongue u shld knoe better , it was a mistake, CRAPPY is the word !
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Neoteny(m): 2:58pm On Aug 03, 2006
i would for you to tell us EXACTLY what is 'crappy" and a "mistake" in ff8. well? i'm wating.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Naslala(m): 4:18pm On Aug 03, 2006
Wel you can call me out dated but i neva got 2 c the begining of final fatasy i started playing from 8 till x-2,i neva finishd 8 and 9 cos the disc 3's were bad i know some one around should have the collection both the advent children,anyone pls tell me how i could reach ya i will be very greatful.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by c0dec(m): 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2006
Naslala:

Wel you can call me out dated but i never got 2 c the begining of final fatasy i started playing from 8 till x-2,i never finishd 8 and 9 because the disc 3's were bad i know some one around should have the collection both the advent children,anyone please tell me how i could reach ya i will be very greatful.

- FF1 - FF6: i've got all the FFs on the nes and snes. you should be able to find the roms on the net.
- FF7 - FF9: unfortunately i'm not in lag but u might still find FF8 and FF9 at alaba. i know i bought two copies of FF9 because the discs were messing up. i saw FF7 and FFTactics at a shop in Dolphin but they are original. i think it's on a street called surulere way or something. found it by chance.
- FF Tactics: just got the iso from a friend some days back.
- FF Advent Children: u can find on the internet.
- unfortunately i never owned a PS2 and got so busy all of a sudden. but i definitely have to play those ones.

Gamine:

i always seem to love the bad guys Sephiroth , Seifer i hated squall a lot just liked his hair
Rinoa was so boring to me Irvine and quistis were my fav, yeah FF7 still has the best story FF8 was crapping
FF9 just heart warming.
Comparing FF to MGS dosent cut it, i love espionage and MGS is it for me I Love RPGs and FF fulfills that
they are both great games in their own rights, great stories and graphics, but i guess FF comes to mind more often for me grin

sweet. a naija female tanner? first i've met.

Neoteny:

but i find wats-her-name heartilly (rinoa, is it) a bit too fake. my fave ff female is tifa, no shaking. ff9, bros is kiddie stuff and whoever says otherwise will get flamed. stupid idiotic story dumb silly characters braindead dialogue crap boat-ship distracting active evnts bullshite lame f**k!! square owes me an apology because i damn near puked.

yeah tifa is the bomb. that aeris just messed up her runs with cloud. rinoa was really annoying. to be honest, i'm don't know who annoys me more tifa or aeris. well i prefer FF9 to FF8. and would love to play it again when i find time. being able to summon GF almost anytime really pissed me off with 8.

talking about RPGs, anybody ever play "Valkyrie Profile"? just got the ISO - it's a 2D RPG on the PS by enix. but the graphics are sweet. i've only sampled it but once again time isn't my friend. also got the "Xenogears" ISO - the game was only released in japan and US by square enix. time! time! time!
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Gamine(f): 12:44pm On Aug 04, 2006
lol, tongue FF8 was probably a mistake
the FMVs were nice and everything
but the story didnt cut it, most
of the characters were weakly developed.

What is 'wating?' , Heretic? oh yeah!
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Gamine(f): 12:54pm On Aug 04, 2006
Will i call myself a female gamer/tanner
(*i remember this word 'tan' always wondered why it was used for gaming, i used it too though*)
no i wont i play games , yea just like my whole family does, i've got (4 sisters, just one bro)
i dont really like the stereotype wink
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by MP007(m): 12:38am On Aug 08, 2006
meta gear solid stil remains the best military/under-cover game . i dear to say its better than 007
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Dungeon2: 8:52pm On Aug 11, 2006
I admit Final fantasy is the best game ever played.
1-6 rubbish
final fantasy 7 the graphics improved slightly.But great improved storyline.
final fantasy 8 better higher graphics.the best final fantasy game ever sold.thats my point of view.Great storyline as well.
final fantasy 9 absolute cack F-ING CACK.
final fantasy 10 with this blitzball thing.Quite a good game but the blitzball sucks.and the story line is full of crap.
But i vote the best final fantasy is , 8
NO OTHER FINAL FANTASY CAN BEAT FINAL FANTASY 8.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Neoteny(m): 8:55pm On Aug 11, 2006
@the guy above

"NO OTHER FINAL FANTASY CAN BEAT FINAL FANTASY 8."

bless you.
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by babadee(m): 6:53pm On Aug 12, 2006
MGS1 anyday, anytime!!!
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by c0dec(m): 3:05am On Aug 13, 2006
Dungeon2:

NO OTHER FINAL FANTASY CAN BEAT FINAL FANTASY 8.

n00b
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Gamine(f): 5:02pm On Aug 14, 2006
shocked@ NO OTHER FINAL FANTASY CAN BEAT FINAL FANTASY 8
shocked
R U outta ur mind, oooh sorry its ur opinion but im sorry it sucks tongue
everyone knoees 7 owns it

Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Neoteny(m): 4:28pm On Aug 15, 2006
c0dec:

n00b

dork
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by c0dec(m): 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2006
Neoteny:

dork

ghey
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Neoteny(m): 1:13pm On Aug 16, 2006
c0dec:

ghey

pushover
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by c0dec(m): 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2006
Neoteny:

pushover

bastor
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by Neoteny(m): 9:25pm On Aug 18, 2006
c0dec:

bastor

creep
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by WebMonk(m): 12:32pm On Dec 19, 2006
And i thought i was alone. FF8? the best so far, followed by FF7, although i won't conclude as i'm currently playing FF12, and, MY GOD! i recommend it to every FF fan. The Dialogue/cinematics is Oscar standard (compared to FF8), humor, wit, and of course, the main villian is some form of light-voice inhumane darth vader. (from here onward - - spoiler alert)
Re: Final Fantasy Or Metal Gear Solid? by 1k001(m): 2:23am On Dec 24, 2006
mgs without a shadow of doubt

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fifa 2016 Vs Pes 2016; Pes 2016 Rated Higher! / Gaming Laptops at Best and Affordable Prices. Click Now. / Where In Computer Village, Ikeja Can I Get Pc Games For My Laptop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.