Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,408 members, 7,881,502 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:29 PM

Ekiti Should Be Thankful To Fayemi –akinrinade - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Should Be Thankful To Fayemi –akinrinade (627 Views)

Buhari Introduces His Grandchildren To Fayemi, Amaechi (Photo) / Buhari's Original Certificate Submitted To Army Board - Gen. Akinrinade / “ekiti Broke Due To Fayemi’s Recklessness”–pdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Should Be Thankful To Fayemi –akinrinade by Anikulhapo(m): 6:37am On Oct 15, 2014
A former Chief of Army Staff, Gen. Alani Akinrinade (retd.) has urged the people of Ekiti State to be thankful to the outgoing governor of the state, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, for spending the state’s resources on transformation rather than diverting it to personal use.
A statement by Fayemi’s Chief Press Secretary, Olayinka Oyebode, said this on Tuesday.
It said the former military chief gave the charge during the inauguration of the College of Technical and Commercial Agriculture, Isan Ekiti and Fountpar Food Processing Company in Ayedun Ekiti, on Tuesday.
Akinrinade said the people should be thankful that Fayemi worked for them and did not pocket state funds.
He said though Ekiti people may not at present appreciate the various people-oriented projects of the outgoing government, its efforts would soon become a reference point in the state.
While speaking on the Fountpar cassava processing factory, the retired general said the contributions of Governors Segun Oni and Kayode Fayemi have transformed agriculture into practical reality by establishing the factory through a public private partnership.
He said, “Mr. Governor, I thank you for the many other things I am seeing in Ekiti.
“It shows the courageous and always-ready-to-serve Ekiti spirit. I know your governor has done a lot in four years and this morning I asked him if these were products of four years. I am surprised. I am sure Ekiti people will also recognise that they have a governor who worked for them and not for his pocket.”
Akinrinade expressed optimism that other states will take a cue from Ekiti as an example of what is possible in pulling the country out of poverty through the exploitation of agricultural resources.
In his remarks, Fayemi said the cassava factory is a testimony to the development of the state through a public-private sector partnership in order to create wealth and banish poverty from the state.
The governor said the commitment of his government to the sector was not unconnected to the fact that aside from education, agriculture is the mainstay of the state’s economy.
Fayemi added that the project would move the state closer to actualising the vision of having many small and medium scale enterprises.
He disclosed that the Federal Government was planning to establish a rice processing factory in the state to boost rice production.
Earlier, the statue of the late former Deputy Governor, Mrs. Funmi Olayinka, was unveiled at the Funmi Olayinka Civic Centre, Ado-Ekiti, named after her.
Unveiling the statue, the first daughter of the late Olayinka, Mrs. Yeside Agbola thanked the Fayemi-led government for the honour given to her mother.http://www.punchng.com/politics/ekiti-should-be-thankful-to-fayemi-akinrinade/

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Should Be Thankful To Fayemi –akinrinade by egift(m): 6:44am On Oct 15, 2014
Fayose Horror Movie - coming up in the cinema near you
Re: Ekiti Should Be Thankful To Fayemi –akinrinade by SirHouloo(m): 6:46am On Oct 15, 2014
What can we say about the huge debt he left behind? Be thankful for that too?
Re: Ekiti Should Be Thankful To Fayemi –akinrinade by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 15, 2014
Posterity will vindicate Dr. Kayode Fayemi

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Should Be Thankful To Fayemi –akinrinade by TUNFOL: 7:36am On Oct 15, 2014
Where there is no project, embezzlement becomes herculean task!
SirHouloo:
What can we say about the huge debt he left behind? Be thankful for that too?

(1) (Reply)

Apc’s Northern Zone At The Crossroads Over Choice Of Presidential Candidate / Where Is Okupe? / Jonathan Receives #100.5M Donations To Buy PDP Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.