Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,927 members, 7,872,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:04 AM

Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview (1899 Views)

When You Get An Interview Invite For A Position You Know Nothing About / How Bad Is It, Going To An Interview With Native Wear? / He Missed An Interview Because……. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 15, 2014
I went for an interview yesterday in Oniru Estate, VI. After the first stage, some people were drop. I was excited to have made it!

During the second stage with the MD,he was complaining about my distance from the office and how it may likely affect me and the company, I even told him I have a cousin residing close to the area who I can squat with, but the man was not satisfied. At the end I was not selected.

I was so depressed, weak and couldn't eat. Throughout yesterday I couldn't sleep. Considering the time I invested to succeed at the interview. And above all, the stress of going to VI from Berger. Well! I know its well.

I know there are people here who may have also encountered similar case. Kindly share your experience...!
Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Tenim47(m): 9:08am On Oct 15, 2014
Na dat1 pain u?
Dey drop my guy 4 is uglyness.
Nw he s usin bleachin cream

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Pweezy(m): 9:13am On Oct 15, 2014
For me...when tins like dis happen, all i say is d Job wasnt meant for me...every setback is preparation for a massive comeback

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 15, 2014
This people can disturb somebody sha: angry

"Knock knock"

Me: Who is there?

"Jehova's witness"

Me: Nobody no dey house angry

"But you are........"

Me: I say nobody dey house!!! angry
Na their dog be this,Bingo angry

Laugh away sorrow,for every disappointment,there's a hidden blessing grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 15, 2014
Tenim47:
Na dat1 pain u?

eleyi gidi gan ooo shocked shocked shocked
Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 15, 2014
Tenim47:
Na dat1 pain u?
Chai! This is so funny! God dey sha!
Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 15, 2014
Tenim47:
Na dat1 pain u?
Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 10:42am On Oct 15, 2014
Pweezy:
For me...when tins like dis happen, all i say is d Job wasnt meant for me...every setback is preparation for a massive comeback
That's true bro. God will help us.
Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Daluuzor(m): 11:23am On Oct 15, 2014
Op, I had similar experience with a coy at ilupeju, though I reside in ikorodu.
I was invited for a test and right after the test we were asked to wait as the successful ones will be interviewed immediately. later, some people were called and asked to leave (probably they didn't do well in the test, and so it appeared). The remaining few were asked to wait for interview. It got to my turn, the interview was going fine until the MD looked at my address and was like, you stay at ikorodu? its very far oo, how long did it take you to get to this place? I replied that I got to the firm early enough, I was even the first to arrive. after every every shaa, I heard the "we would get back to you" slogan.
my brother, I never hear frm them oo, and its a month now.
Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by RFella(m): 11:52am On Oct 15, 2014
Godditex:
Chai! This is so funny! God dey sha!

Ridiculous....na racism na

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
Daluuzor:
Op, I had similar experience with a coy at ilupeju, though I reside in ikorodu.
I was invited for a test and right after the test we were asked to wait as the successful ones will be interviewed immediately. later, some people were called and asked to leave (probably they didn't do well in the test, and so it appeared). The remaining few were asked to wait for interview. It got to my turn, the interview was going fine until the MD looked at my address and was like, you stay at ikorodu? its very far oo, how long did it take you to get to this place? I replied that I got to the firm early enough, I was even the first to arrive. after every every shaa, I heard the "we would get back to you" slogan.
my brother, I never hear frm them oo, and its a month now.
This is serious o....I believe that what is yours is yours no matter your residence.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by sholay2011(m): 1:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
Pweezy:
Very nice post.

@OP....All is well. Maybe the job wasn't meant for you in the first place. Keep striving. The best is yet to come. And every disappointment is a blessing (in disguise).

Funny...I also went to my first interview (in my life) this Monday. It went quite well sha, thanks to God and NL interview tips that I'd read overtime. I just hope I get a positive feedback.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by beau49: 1:54pm On Oct 15, 2014
@Op I understand the feeling too. The first interview I went for,I passed the first stage and after a few weeks was called for the next one,of which I wasn't expecting it.

After the second interview,I did not hear from them not even a regret mail and I had high hopes about the job. Like you Op could lost my appetite and was worried and bothered about what I could have done right and all.

Well its all in the past sha,hoping for the best now.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Saraha1(f): 2:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
It is well

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
sholay2011:

Very nice post.

@OP....All is well. Maybe the job wasn't meant for you in the first place. Keep striving. The best is yet to come. And every disappointment is a blessing (in disguise).

Funny...I also went to my first interview (in my life) this Monday. It went quite well sha, thanks to God and NL interview tips that I'd read overtime. I just hope I get a positive feedback.

this our economy is so bad and only strong trust in God can help, I also went for my first interview on monday, was asked to come collect offer letter today, I went only for them to tell me how intelligent I am and they know the job wont be worth it but they want someone like me... they concluded by saying theu added 5k extra cos of my potential...the monthly salary is 35k. it was far below wot I was xpecting cos as a corper dats passing out tomoro, I was even saying 50k il take d job now I dnt even know if I shld take it or not so Confused.
Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
I had the offer, accepted and had relocated to resume the next morning, only for the new boss to call that my offer has been revoked.

I will remind him of this encounter sometime in the future. Its a promise.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 15, 2014
OpYzo:
this our economy is so bad and only strong trust in God can help, I also went for my first interview on monday, was asked to come collect offer letter today, I went only for them to tell me how intelligent I am and they know the job wont be worth it but they want someone like me... they concluded by saying theu added 5k extra cos of my potential...the monthly salary is 35k. it was far below wot I was xpecting cos as a corper dats passing out tomoro, I was even saying 50k il take d job now I dnt even know if I shld take it or not so Confused.

Personally
I will say don't reject till a better offer comes. idleness is not interesting

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by sholay2011(m): 4:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
OpYzo:
Wow! I admire your timing. Getting a job (even if it's not the dream one) just before POP. Congrats.

My advice? Take the job. Though I would like to ask if this job or rather, the experience on this job would be relevant in the career path you see for yourself in the long run.

You can as well take the job on the basis of 'doing something for now' while you continue hunting for a better one.

Be happy they kinda appreciate your value sef. I know someone who after spending months at home got a job where less than the amount you stated is paid.

Congrats on finishing your NYSC. I wish you the best in life endeavours.

I am still serving btw... 2014 Batch A.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by sholay2011(m): 4:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
chidyhels:
I had the offer, accepted and had relocated to resume the next morning, only for the new boss to call that my offer has been revoked.

shocked shocked
Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by chrisley024(m): 5:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
chidyhels:

God! After relocating.

Better days are ahead.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
chidyhels:

My dear just be positive...God knows what's best for you. Keep trying.
Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
OpYzo:
Take it while also scouting for other good opportunities. Congrats!
Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 5:28pm On Oct 15, 2014
Tenim47:
Na dat1 pain u?
Won't that worsen the situation because he using bleaching cream can turn him into scary movie 4
Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by dridowu: 5:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
Hmmmm, question for the gods . My experience was during NYSC when i was posted to a coy in lekki, according to NYSC policy , no interview for corp member but the coy make sure i went through 5 stages of interview , at the 5th stage i was shown the office i will work , workers and the boss i will be reporting to. Hmmmmmmm, the very day i was told to resume was the day i was giving "rejection letter" i was like this letter is not meant for me , the guy that gave me the letter said it was an order "from above". Honestly , so painful but wetin man go do, lucky me i move on. Now counting years after NYSC , what more can i say than Thanks to Baba God for the little income coming in.
Jah Bless Our Struggle

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
dridowu:
Hmmmm, question for the gods . My experience was during NYSC when i was posted to a coy in lekki, according to NYSC policy , no interview for corp member but the coy make sure i went through 5 stages of interview , at the 5th stage i was shown the office i will work , workers and the boss i will be reporting to. Hmmmmmmm, the very day i was told to resume was the day i was giving "rejection letter" i was like this letter is not meant for me , the guy that gave me the letter said it was an order "from above". Honestly , so painful but wetin man go, lucky me i move on. Now counting years after NYSC , what more can i say than Thanks to Baba God for the little income coming in.
Jah Bless Our Struggle
Success bro! Am still hustling and I know my pay day is coming.
Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
Tenim47:
Na dat1 pain u?

Buahahahahahahaha
Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
sholay2011:

Wow! I admire your timing. Getting a job (even if it's not the dream one) just before POP. Congrats.

My advice? Take the job. Though I would like to ask if this job or rather, the experience on this job would be relevant in the career path you see for yourself in the long run.

You can as well take the job on the basis of 'doing something for now' while you continue hunting for a better one.

Be happy they kinda appreciate your value sef. I know someone who after spending months at home got a job where less than the amount you stated is paid.

Congrats on finishing your NYSC. I wish you the best in life endeavours.

I am still serving btw... 2014 Batch A.
Thanks So much dear, yours is almost here too. and u will be highly favoured too. I read Industrial Physics though I want to go into telecomms line and MBA in the long run tho...so like u said il jst take it, hu knows wot will happen tomorow. I know despite wot Naija govt is doing, God has plans for us.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
chidyhels:

Personally
I will say don't reject till a better offer comes. idleness is not interesting
Thanks Dear, im optimistic would manage it for now
Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
Godditex:
Take it while also scouting for other good opportunities. Congrats!
yeah I will thanks

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by daveP(m): 9:15am On Oct 16, 2014
Odilafta:
This people can disturb somebody sha: angry

"Knock knock"

Me: Who is there?

"Jehova's witness"

Me: Nobody no dey house angry

"But you are........"

Me: I say nobody dey house!!! angry
Na their dog be this,Bingo angry

Laugh away sorrow,for every disappointment,there's a hidden blessing grin
ah so SMfart has passed it to you!
Re: Share Your Experience After You Lost Out In An Interview by beau49: 12:53pm On Oct 16, 2014
chidyhels:

Ehya.....how come? Why would he/she do such?
Maybe he had a beef with the former boss or something. Its probably for the best.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Can I Learn How To Operate A Forklift, Crane Pay Loader Etc In Lag / Please Post Job Vacancies In Warri Or Delta State Here. / SumeruNG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.