Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,396 members, 7,881,436 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 07:36 PM

On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's (18340 Views)

Why Do Some Married Women Enjoy Their Husband Begging For Sex? / HOT TOPIC: Advice For Married Women Denying Their Husband Conjugal "Rights" / Nigerians With English Surnames (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by pickabeau1: 9:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
freshdude2:
Of course, every man who has a different opinion to theirs is a misogynist. They'd rather not entertain differing thoughts. But that's ok, they're women. It's the pansies like that stinggy fhool who don't know their left from right that I find irritating. Dude is probably thinking of how to sort for his referenced courses in school and already thinks he knows.

I tire.....yet they whine that the section has lost its fun

I was actually smh when I read it

On names and such I'm a bit liberal personally but for someone to label a view not in the same direction as misogynistic really is misguided

These cats want to control everything, will spend your money, keep their name, not cook, use their money as they see fit.....
yet say they want a strong man

Clowns...
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2014
pickabeau1:

I tire.....yet they whine that the section has lost its fun

I was actually smh when I read it

On names and such I'm a bit liberal personally but for someone to label a view not in the same direction as misogynistic really is misguided

These cats want to control everything, will spend your money, keep their name, not cook, use their money as they see fit.....
yet say they want a strong man

Clowns...
The truth is they really want a strong man. That's why there's such a word as hypergamy. But don't even know what they want. The world today is filled with men who provide but don't have respect because, truly, they are not strong, they can only provide.

Look at the other thread about the two year old marriage and how the guy is whingeing, I mean, wtf.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by pickabeau1: 9:44pm On Oct 16, 2014
freshdude2:
The truth is they really want a strong man. That's why there's such a word as hypergamy. But don't even know what they want. The world today is filled with men who provide but don't have respect because, truly, they are not strong, they can only provide.

Look at the other thread about the two year old marriage and how the guy is whingeing, I mean, wtf.

But they have strong men....

Everyone else just happens to be weak so they decry the existence of weak men 'everywhere else '

The guy whining....?

Well he has not responded yet but my hunch is that the woman is the major earner and she wants her family settled though they are married.

He handles the bills though.
She has given him a child.he should bugger off...she has her life to live

That's his wahala as the women say
My own na to do bride and spend all d money

Lol...
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 16, 2014
pickabeau1:

But they have strong men....

Everyone else just happens to be weak so they decry the existence of weak men 'everywhere else '
Actually, they don't. If they did, they'd recognise the traits and mannerisms strong men possess. What they have are effeminate beta men who have been well-trained along feminism lines. They control their relationships because their men think like them and can easily whip him back into line(for example by calling him a misogynist, uncivilised, stone ager, etc)
. They are equal to their husbands and boyfriends yet dominate him.

pickabeau: The guy whining....?

Well he has not responded yet but my hunch is that the woman is the major earner and she wants her family settled though they are married.

He handles the bills though.
She has given him a child.he should bugger off...she has her life to live
You might be right but I'd wager on him being a nice guy and you know what happens to nice guys.

pickabeau: That's his wahala

Not really his wahala alone. His family are part of society, so his son could grow up being a pansy or his daughter could grow up being a nag. Both are dangerous to the human civilisation. grin grin grin
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by pickabeau1: 10:12pm On Oct 16, 2014
freshdude2:
Actually, they don't. If they did, they'd recognise the traits and mannerisms strong men possess. What they have are effeminate beta men who have been well-trained along feminism lines. They control their relationships because their men think like them and can easily whip him back into line(for example by calling him a misogynist, uncivilised, stone ager, etc)
. They are equal to their husbands and boyfriends yet dominate him.

You might be right but I'd wager on him being a nice guy and you know what happens to nice guys.

Not really his wahala alone. His family are part of society, so his son could grow up being a pansy or his daughter could grow up being a nag. Both are dangerous to the human civilisation. grin grin grin

On our resident strong women...i wish them the best

Hahahaha.....you are right..i guess he will learn when the same woman leaves the marriage and the child that she is not being stimulated enough.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 16, 2014
pickabeau1:

On our resident strong women...i wish them the best
Those ones are learners.

pickabeau1: Hahahaha.....you are right..i guess he will learn when the same woman leaves the marriage and the child that she is not being stimulated enough.

I tell ya. Most likely though, as a Nigerian, given our social realities, she's more likely to get dicked outside than leave the home. If the guy provides enough security, all she has to do is look for her adventure with some more promising alpha figure.

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by ladygogo: 10:22pm On Oct 16, 2014
Nice to know some Nigerian women are beginning to retain their last names.

Changing your name comes with all sort of headache and I cant be bothered right now.

Seriously, i'm not even interested. undecided

2 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by pickabeau1: 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2014
freshdude2:
Those ones are learners.

I tell ya. Most likely though, as a Nigerian, given our social realities, she's more likely to get dicked outside than leave the home. If the guy provides enough security, all she has to do is look for her adventure with some more promising alpha figure.

Lol...

True on that...he still has a lot he has not said...i won't be surprised if he brings up suspicion of her starting to step..or even stepping out
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2014
Getting married comes with all sorts of headaches. I think we'd better served if we didn't get married in the first place just to save ourselves a ton of stress.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 16, 2014
pickabeau1:

Lol...

True on that...he still has a lot he has not said...i won't be surprised if he brings up suspicion of her starting to step..or even stepping out

Watch out for part2 my broda. grin grin grin
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by pickabeau1: 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2014
freshdude2:
Watch out for part2 my broda. grin grin grin

We shall see
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by stinggy(m): 1:16am On Oct 17, 2014
Lmao @ the conversation; pickabeau1 and freshdude2

Some men should be castrated

For allowing their wives hyphenate?
That's where I felt you're a miso freshdu. Well, maybe our views differ greatly. All man to his thought.

5 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by pickabeau1: 4:46am On Oct 17, 2014
stinggy:
Lmao @ the conversation; pickabeau1 and freshdude2

For allowing their wives hyphenate?
That's where I felt you're a miso freshdu. Well, maybe our views differ greatly. All man to his thought.

Dude...

You felt he's miso for saying men who allow wives to hyphenate should be castrated.

How can be a miso if he wants to castrate men

Duh...

Secondly if he's a miso...according to you...will u be a misandrist since u use the common word used by ladies to stifle dissenting opinion
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 5:08am On Oct 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

Dude...

You felt he's miso for saying men who allow wives to hyphenate should be castrated.

How can be a miso if he wants to castrate men

Duh...

Secondly if he's a miso...according to you...will u be a misandrist since u use the common word used by ladies to stifle dissenting opinion
Bros, you get time to argue marriage matter with person wey still dey sag jeans? No time abeg.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by pickabeau1: 5:15am On Oct 17, 2014
freshdude2:
Bros, you get time to argue marriage matter with person wey still dey sag jeans? No time abeg.

No vex ooo....bros

I wanted to understand the link no matter how puerile it sounded

Just give them a chance to redeem themselves

How not allowing multiple names is now misogyny?

Soon if u tell a woman anything she does not feel happy about..u r a miso
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 5:22am On Oct 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

No vex ooo....bros

I wanted to understand the link no matter how puerile it sounded

Just give them a chance to redeem themselves

How not allowing multiple names is now misogyny?
Well, there's a point to logical conclusion. Per redeeming themselves, many will have to learn the hard way, you know, the proverbial created-for-damnation quota grin grin.
pickabeau1:
Soon if u tell a woman anything she does not feel happy about..u r a miso

My broda, soon far sef. That era is already upon us, case in point, this thread.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by pickabeau1: 5:47am On Oct 17, 2014
freshdude2:
Well, there's a point to logical conclusion. Per redeeming themselves, many will have to learn the hard way, you know, the proverbial created-for-damnation quota grin grin. My broda, soon far sef. That era is already upon us, case in point, this thread.

Interesting
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 17, 2014
@freshdude2,
Misogyny is the central part of sexism and is an important basis for the oppression of females in patriarchal societies. It may be manifested in numerous ways including:
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 17, 2014
[quote
author=Chiamaka01 post=27212176]@freshdude2,
Misogyny is the central part of sexism and is an important basis for the
oppression of females in patriarchal societies. It may be manifested in
numerous ways including:[/quote]

sexual discrimination, denigration of women, violence against women etc.

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 17, 2014
To
denigrate something is to make it seem less valuable or important. You
said, 'a wife is an extension of her husband' and that is what made me
refer to you as a misogynist. A wife is not her husband's extension, for
God's sake, she had a life before they got married.
In addition, it's demeaning to refer to me as a man's extension. It's more like you're objectifying women.

3 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:20am On Oct 17, 2014
So, when they get married, they live as 'partners' in a mutual agreement.

3 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:26am On Oct 17, 2014
Tallesty1:
Why would he?

Don't turn it around. Answer my question, first.
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by babysmart(f): 8:37am On Oct 17, 2014
chiamaka u re ryt on pointsmiley
I really don't understand y men think dey re superior to women nd dat we mst bend to deir will.

3 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Tallesty1(m): 8:41am On Oct 17, 2014
Chiamaka01:

Don't turn it around. Answer my question, first.
I want you to answer your own question
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 17, 2014
Tallesty1:
I want you to answer your own question

Bearing one's husband's name has no point. It doesn't make her a better wife nor him a better husband. It doesn't make the marriage perfect. So, if it's useless, it should be done away with. Or is there any point?
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by pickabeau1: 9:14am On Oct 17, 2014
So why marry really

Why the emphasis on vows that say 2 are 1

If the wife is not part of the man...frankly why the heck should people marry

Let's all live together have kids..see how it goes and.move on... no better nor worse

Right?

All these name crap drama....

Chiamaka01:
To
denigrate something is to make it seem less valuable or important. You
said, 'a wife is an extension of her husband' and that is what made me
refer to you as a misogynist. A wife is not her husband's extension, for
God's sake, she had a life before they got married.
In addition, it's demeaning to refer to me as a man's extension. It's more like you're objectifying women.

1 Like

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 17, 2014
@pichabeau1

Lmao @ 2 are 1. If you want to go biblical, the holy book says, 'a man will leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife'. It's not the other way round.

7 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by cococandy(f): 9:19am On Oct 17, 2014
A man is in agreement with his wife over the surname she wants to bear and that makes him worthy of castration.
Issorait.

5 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by crackhaus: 9:22am On Oct 17, 2014
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by crackhaus: 9:23am On Oct 17, 2014
Chiamaka01:

Bearing one's husband's name has no point. It doesn't make her a better wife nor him a better husband. It doesn't make the marriage perfect. So, if it's useless, it should be done away with. Or is there any point?
So what's the point in the alternative?

Does a woman retaining her father's name make her a better wife?
Does it make the marriage perfect?
Of what purpose is it in the general sense of '…a man/woman shall leave his/her father and mother to become one with his/her wife/husband...'?

If there's really no point in this alternative which you know to be true, then why not just stick to the generally accepted routine of adopting your husband's surname?

That excuse about a woman carrying on her father's name because he has no sons to do it, is still at best redundant.
At the end of the day, the kids from that marriage will still bear their father's surname only - no hyphen, no nothing...

So I ask again, what's the point in this alternative?
Why not just go with the normal routine like our mothers and grandmothers did?
Is there something to prove?
Help me understand this...

3 Likes

Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by pickabeau1: 9:30am On Oct 17, 2014
Chiamaka01:
@pichabeau1

Lmao @ 2 are 1. If you want to go biblical, the holy book says, 'a man will leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife'. It's not the other way round.

Ok.. lets leave Bible out of it then
So let me, ask you what is marriage to you
Re: On Ladies Hyphenating Their Surnames And Their Husband's by somsom(f): 9:34am On Oct 17, 2014
Rosarie:
i use it only wen it is relevant.once u re married u ve nothing to do wit ur father anymore.ur kids and u shud have a unison name.

You mean a woman has nothing to do with her father anymore cos she is married? go through your post again and be sure that is what u wanted to post. and in case something goes wrong, like the marriage breaks, the man dies and his family pushes you out, you go back to this father and family you stopped having something with.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Help: My Wife Altered Our Marriage Certificate (Picture) / I Beg You's To Join Me in Praising and thanking God / Help!!! An 'ss' Nairalander Cries Out (disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.