Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,298 members, 7,881,098 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:24 PM

Kashamu Vs Obasanjo: Court Adjourn To Nov 17 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kashamu Vs Obasanjo: Court Adjourn To Nov 17 (393 Views)

Repulsive Odour Forces Reps To Adjourn Till Nov 17 / The World To Experience Total Darkness From November 15 To Nov 30 / Buhari’s Modest Farm Vs. Obasanjo Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kashamu Vs Obasanjo: Court Adjourn To Nov 17 by argon500: 12:23pm On Oct 16, 2014
Justice Valentine Ashi of the Federal Capital Territory High Court, yesterday, adjourned further hearing on the N20billion libel suit that was instituted against former President Olusegun Obasanjo by the Chairman of the Mobilisation and Organisation Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), South West Zone, Buruji Kashamu till November 17.
Alhaji Haruna Rasheed and Barrister Omotayo Alade-Fawole were testifying in a libel suit filed by Kashamu challenging a letter by Obasanjo to President Goodluck Jonathan published in two newspapers of December 12, 2013 which alleged he was wanted in the USA for drug-related offences.

Kashamu is seeking the sum of N20 billion in damages against the former president for “maliciously and recklessly” publishing a letter titled: ‘Before It’s too late’ which was addressed to President Jonathan in December 2013.
While being cross examined on their witness’ statements by defence counsel Gboyega Oyewole, Alhaji Haruna, who claimed to be an associate of Kashamu, averred that: “My understanding of the publication about the plaintiff is that the plaintiff is a criminal” adding, “since I read the aforementioned publication I have dissociated myself from the plaintiff and our relationship has not been cordial as before.”

When they were asked if they were aware that Kashamu allegedly failed to clear his name over his detention in the United Kingdom for extradition hearing to USA on alleged drug-related offences in 1998, the witnesses denied knowledge of the issue.
Counsel to Kashamu, Alex Izinyon (SAN) applied for an adjournment to enable him produce an additional witness in court.
Justice Valentine Ashi consequently adjourned the suit to November 17 for continuation of hearing.

Source: ScanNews

(1) (Reply)

Osun Gov Tribunal Dissolved, New Panel Constituted / Why Federal Govt. Is Delaying The Issuance Of Prepared Meters By Discos. / Is Inec Really Prepared For The 2015 Election?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.