Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,963 members, 7,903,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 12:20 AM

Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? (5272 Views)

David Oyedepo In Akwa-Ibom For Udom's Thanksgiving (Photos) / The Plight Of An Ogbanje (witch Children) / Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by huxley(m): 11:26am On Nov 22, 2008
sugabelly:

Yar Adua is a useless president. He's not even my president sef. I didn't vote him in. He has the power to put an IMMEDIATE stop to all this rubbish, but what does he do? Sit in Aso Rock and parrot like a mindless fool about 'Rule of Law' while Nigeria's children are being slaughtered in a glorified mass murder.

The same goes for that bombastic idiot called the Governor of Akwa Ibom

And for anyone that is about to ask me what Yar Adua has to do with this: He has EVERYTHING to do with this. Endangerment of a child is a FEDERAL ISSUE. It is not a joke and cannot and should not be messed with or taken lightly. Children are the most precious thing that exist on this Earth, and it is our BOUNDEN DUTY to protect them with everything we have.

I agree that the government can go a long way with stamping out such practices, but fundamental mentality of the people is to blame.  For instance, there are many Africans who live outside of Africa in Europe/USA where such abuses of children is legally prohibited.  But these Africans, because they carry with them their superstitious mentality, are still wont to continue the heinous practices they learnt in Africa.  In the UK, for example,  there are hundreds of children of African parents accused of witchcraft by their churches yearly.  These children suffer abuses at the hands of their church elders and parents and some have been sent back to Africa to have them exorcised.

Yes,  the government can help with education and enforcing the law against child-abuse.  But if the people have been enslaved by their superstitious cultures and religion, all such effort will avail to nothing.

The Nigerian practice of child marriage is another case in point.  In fact, this is going to be featured in a TV programme in the UK, Channel 4, Unreported World, on Friday 28th November, 19:30.
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by lucabrasi(m): 6:28pm On Nov 22, 2008
@sugarbelly
while you might be right about the government ofiicial's in action,i think you are being unreasonably hard on them,the governor didnt know about it untill it was brought to his attention by the rally to the governor's office organized by the channel 4 reporter,and to the governo's credit,he promised the children that he will sign a child cruelty bill into law which he did a short while later and the documentary acknowledged,he also promised to fund them and provide accmodation which we are not sure if he has done or not because the documentary didnt do a follow up on that,as for yar adua,he is presiding over almost150million nigerians and unles he has magical powers,i dont see how he ll know what s happening in every village in nigeria, thats why each state has a governor, ill however blame the local government chairman but tieing in with huxley's comment,its difficult to rid one's mind of superstition and cultural dogma hence even the local government chairman might have the misplaced general believe that these children are really witches
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by Horus(m): 8:36pm On Nov 28, 2008
Video detailing the new 419 scams of many churches in Nigeria who label innocent children as witches in order to extort money from the parents by claiming to cure the children of witchcraft.
Many of the children end up dead , killed by fearful parents.

Video: http://livinginblack.ning.com/video/child-victims-of-419-preachers
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by Poj1(m): 11:51pm On Nov 28, 2008
This is happening in modern day Nigeria?
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by Poj1(m): 11:53pm On Nov 28, 2008
and more painfully in the name of christianity?
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by Poj1(m): 12:06am On Nov 29, 2008
Will the government and the good people of that state continue to look as these mad men continue to drive 3 inch nails into poor girls heads and maim innocent children with this barbaric claim of witchcraft.
I cried for those children watching that stuff,it's absolute madness
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry.
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by Ify3: 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2008
Hi folks,
This could happen to any one else. You'll be surprised that one day you'll get home and found such merciless torment on any of your family members. Believe me, you'll still do nothing, except the uniformed authorities frowns at it.

This had been and nothing has been done. The Cele's, Cherubim & seraphim, Sabbath, O O Obu, + other churches, etc. etc. flogs suspected children to the state of disfigure and even to death; cases are reported to the police and nothing is done. You, as an ordinary man will only make noise in the streets and finally got locked up in the police cell.

Come to think of it. Don't we have organisations for child and human abuse? Do they want to claim ignorant of all these? This is because the rich are out of it. When the rich gets involved you'll observe a quick reaction.

Now, its been captured by the foreign media, the world has seen it, is the native pastor not walking-about the street and doing the same act free of molestation? He is, and the authorities are dinning and smiling with him.

Could you imagine, from the video, the native pastor says he collects N400,000.00 to liberate an already infested witch. What an extortion!!

If anyone could, please join the human right organisation to be a mouth of the molested. You'll have a great reward of being a helper to alleviating Christ's suffering.
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by Dios(f): 7:35am On Dec 02, 2008
Saw it on youtube. hey Olaadegbu and Pilgrim, come and defend your god now!!!In my my opinion, the gods in the bible and quran don't exist. A benevolent god won't stand by and watch as innocent children are being killed in his name, allowing "men of god" to deceive people who have no where else to turn after being betrayed by their government. I need to be president of that country so I can outlaw religion of all forms and rule the country the way it should be run.
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by Dios(f): 7:38am On Dec 02, 2008
Saw it on youtube. hey Olaadegbu and Pilgrim, come and defend your god now!!!In my  my opinion, the gods in the bible and quran don't exist. A benevolent god won't stand by and watch as innocent children are being killed in his name, allowing "men of god" to deceive people who have no where else to turn after being betrayed by their government.
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by Ndipe(m): 7:03pm On Dec 02, 2008
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by lucabrasi(m): 2:53am On Dec 03, 2008
thank GOD for that,at least the governor is making do with the promise he made, lets hope he follows through with verifiable results
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by Poj1(m): 6:54am On Dec 03, 2008
At last the government has started taking action,the ''priest'' has been arrested and facing criminal charges.
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by Ify3: 9:04am On Dec 05, 2008
From the local news this morning, the Akwa Ibom State Police has arrested the pastor and charged for murder.
Thanks all for your input. As you've helped tackle this ugly situation, God will help every ugly situations or intending situations in your life.
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by KunleOshob(m): 9:55am On Dec 05, 2008
I-fy:

From the local news this morning, the Akwa Ibom State Police has arrested the pastor and charged for murder.
Thanks all for your input. As you've helped tackle this ugly situation, God will help every ugly situations or intending situations in your life.
Thank God for that, i sincerely hope that he and other demons like him involved in this evil trade receive instant justice. But i believe the Goverment as to do more than just arresting one crook, they have to make a clean sweep of it and send a strong message to other criminals that might still be doing it under the closet and threating their congregation with the wrath of God if they expose their scams cos this people are really gullible and thoroughly brainwashed. The Goverment needs to carry out a massive campaign against the evil practise
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by comfort3: 5:59am On Feb 19, 2009
sad
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by donnie(m): 1:03am On Jul 20, 2010
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by Nobody: 2:14am On Jul 20, 2010
I suspect the Muslims, for orchestrating the broadcast of this news via channel 4. This is nothing but Muslims jihadist agenda to hold on to the rein of power and islamize the country. Thank God CNN is not airing it

Can't you all see the concept of Sharia being played out here. It's all out war/crusade against Muslims from now on. This is Islamic terrorism. they are using our christian bro to commit terrorist act. this is undiluted terrorism against innocent children.

It is part of religion & scripture to kill witches & wizard. Thou shall not suffer a witch to live. Remember? This is Islamic terrorism even though it look like Christian terrorism.

Let just not talk abt it. Let's rally round & make no reference to our religion. It's our exclusive right to point out the faulty of the Muslim and not the other way round, afterall we are children of God.
, Hallelujah

Proof
All terrorist are Muslim
d/4 these christian militant committed christian terrorism
Hence they are Muslim
QED .
Re: Pastors Kill 'witch Children' In Akwa Ibom? by thameamead(f): 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2010
HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dealing With The Barrier Stopping You From Possessing Your Possessions. / First Sunday In The Year 2013: What Does It Mean To You? / Bible And Science Proves The Age Of The Universe.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.