Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,304 members, 7,943,721 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 10:57 PM

Annoying / Boring Interview Questions - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Annoying / Boring Interview Questions (1485 Views)

Staying Home All Day Is Boring: I Need A Job Oooooo... / Tricky Interview Questions That Most Jobseekers Fail To Answer / Interview Questions For Oil & Gas,engineering,telecommunication And Banking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Annoying / Boring Interview Questions by vycee01: 9:56am On Oct 17, 2014
In as much as they are annoying or boring they are somewhat inevitable and answering them is a must if one must secure the job in most cases, mine is "Tell us about yourself" ... Sigh* its always the first question and honestly with the number of unsuccessful interview one has attended it becomes boring, not only thinking about what pattern to use in answering it but also trying to capture their attention is part of the deal.

It's an interview of cause, it's necessary of cause but at a time there are questions we wished we weren't asked or wish not to be asked in an interview.

Share your views fam, also your experiences and possibly questions that fits this category.
Re: Annoying / Boring Interview Questions by shostar: 1:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
One interviewer once asked me if I have a girlfriend? Please how does that affect the job I'm being interviewed for?

2 Likes

Re: Annoying / Boring Interview Questions by vycee01: 3:10pm On Oct 17, 2014
One once asked me if I smoke or drink... I answered though as the job was regarding event management I thought.
Re: Annoying / Boring Interview Questions by amosisinsin(f): 3:41pm On Oct 17, 2014
One silly interviewer once ask me dat " am I an Iron lady? And I said yes. He proceeded and ask " how many round of Sex can I go? Hmmm @ dis point, fear first catch me, thinking dat d number of Rounds is a determinant of how well one can perform on d Job. I kon say " Sir, I can go 20 round of sex... Mr interviewer now said emm! Emm!! Can I go just 7 round to b sure if u are d right candidate. I just provoke, kon carry my Ukwu dey go my house b4 d man go spoil my Nyansh 4me

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Annoying / Boring Interview Questions by Nobody: 5:56pm On Oct 17, 2014
amosisinsin:
One silly interviewer once ask me dat " am I an Iron lady? And I said yes. He proceeded and ask " how many round of Sex can I go? Hmmm @ dis point, fear first catch me, thinking dat d number of Rounds is a determinant of how well one can perform on d Job. I kon say " Sir, I can go 20 round of sex... Mr interviewer now said emm! Emm!! Can I go just 7 round to b sure if u are d right candidate. I just provoke, kon carry my Ukwu dey go my house b4 d man go spoil my Nyansh 4me

Oh well, some interviewers sha. Taking advantage of women. Power indeed corrupts.

What role where you interviewing for?
Re: Annoying / Boring Interview Questions by Lero15(m): 6:16pm On Oct 17, 2014
Are you a virgin?
Can you sing?
How come your cv is just 2 pages?
Why are you here?

3 Likes

Re: Annoying / Boring Interview Questions by adepiero: 6:23pm On Oct 17, 2014
who is your father? this kain question dey vex me!!! angry

2 Likes

Re: Annoying / Boring Interview Questions by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 17, 2014
Lero15:
Are you a virgin?
Can you sing?
Why are you here?
grin grin grin grin grin...

chaii, it's well

2 Likes

Re: Annoying / Boring Interview Questions by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 17, 2014
What type of car do I like?
Who are you?
What did you notice when you came to this place?

2 Likes

Re: Annoying / Boring Interview Questions by vycee01: 7:40am On Oct 18, 2014
amosisinsin:

shocked cheesy grin lol that's just sad, I never believed such actually happens
Re: Annoying / Boring Interview Questions by vycee01: 7:42am On Oct 18, 2014
Lero15:
Are you a virgin?
Can you sing?
Why are you here?

LOL grin "why are you here?" I can't think of a better answer for this question cheesy
Re: Annoying / Boring Interview Questions by Lero15(m): 10:07am On Oct 18, 2014
vycee01:

LOL grin "why are you here?" I can't think of a better answer for this question cheesy
lol. U may say this: "I am here to be interviewed for XX position in this company and I am here to convince my interviewers that I am the right man for the job"

1 Like

Re: Annoying / Boring Interview Questions by vycee01: 11:00am On Oct 18, 2014
Lero15:
lol. U may say this: "I am here to be interviewed for XX position in this company and I am here to convince my interviewers that I am the right man for the job"

LOL, make sense, but it should be rephrased to something better like "why do you think we should employ you?" I guess, or something way better, "why are you here" sounds somehow, like it's a police interrogation process

1 Like

Re: Annoying / Boring Interview Questions by chyna4luv: 1:27pm On Oct 18, 2014
@Amosinsi,Hello, I can't believe you joor! 'na so u fine rish?' Even since I have been attending interviews,I have never experienced such question before.My first interview after my NYSC last year was with GTB, 'wey I dey claim sey I be pro I com fail', there was this pretty girl(infact any man that sees her must succumb if time is not taken), she can communicate very perfectly, but after her interview,I asked her, how far? she said the man didn't even start with the normal question "may we meet you?" but just looked at her CV and asked her about are career objectives. The girl said that she was dumbfounded that the man(interviewer) gave her the CV and asked her to read her CO out from the CV. After she finished reading, the man told her that we will get back to you and that was the end. We both failed!

Interview is not by your good grade in school. If you can't defend CV, 'u don fail be dat o', irrespective of your grade. I think if someone is going for an interview, he/she should know everything in the CV.

2 Likes

Re: Annoying / Boring Interview Questions by Lero15(m): 2:29pm On Oct 18, 2014
vycee01:

LOL, make sense, but it should be rephrased to something better like "why do you think we should employ you?" I guess, or something way better, "why are you here" sounds somehow, like it's a police interrogation process
expect the unexpected Sir/ma. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

I Am Looking For A Driver's Job / Vacancy At Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK) / Vacancy In A Power Engineering Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.