Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,491 members, 7,944,425 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:09 PM

Nigerians Poorer Now Than In 1999 - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Poorer Now Than In 1999 - Buhari (517 Views)

Apc’s Change Was A Scam, Nigerians Poorer Under Buhari – Shekarau Speaks Out / Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN / Diya And Adisa Already Pardoned In 1999 - Official Gazette Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Poorer Now Than In 1999 - Buhari by speshsworld(m): 6:54am On Oct 18, 2014

Major-Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd)

The Buhari Campaign Organisation has insisted that many Nigerians were poorer today than they were in 1999, even as it described as uncharitable, irresponsible and unpatriotic the “phantom” economic growth being reeled out by the presidency.

In a statement issued on behalf of Buhari 's team on Friday, Mr Osita Okechukwu wondered what could be uncharitable if Buhari said he was committed to build new oil refineries, because President Goodluck Jonathan couldn't build one in four years. Read more http://speshsworld.com/2014/10/nigerians-poorer-today-than-in-1999-says-buhari/
Re: Nigerians Poorer Now Than In 1999 - Buhari by davdandam(m): 7:13am On Oct 18, 2014
Seriously, buhari should stfu. What's is he gonna do for this country, except make money to pay back his loan.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Poorer Now Than In 1999 - Buhari by 2cato: 7:18am On Oct 18, 2014
Buhari is a problem unto him self

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Poorer Now Than In 1999 - Buhari by Nobody: 7:20am On Oct 18, 2014
Mr b what did u do durin ur time as head ot state? U did nothin, now u what us to vote 4 u so that u wil turn nigeria to an islamic nation. No way, no vacancy in aso rock. GEJ TILL 2019

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Poorer Now Than In 1999 - Buhari by yousee(m): 7:40am On Oct 18, 2014
In 1999, I no fit buy the things wey I fit buy now sir

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Poorer Now Than In 1999 - Buhari by pelvicky(m): 7:42am On Oct 18, 2014
I gave mr buhari some little respect b4...bt now i know he is an old fool.

"be sincere in your campaign for xrist sake"

GEJ TILL 2019

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Poorer Now Than In 1999 - Buhari by lilprinze: 7:45am On Oct 18, 2014
Nigerians are even richer now compared to 1999. in 1999 how many people's salary could afford to buy a car, house, clothes etc now things have changed people can now afford to buy cars, houses, clothes etc am not saying their are no poor people but truth be said the number of rich people have increased compared to 1999. yet this old cargo is saying rubbish.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians Poorer Now Than In 1999 - Buhari by lilbazy(m): 9:06am On Oct 18, 2014
1999 dem dey pay my papa #5400,now dem dey pay am #92,800. 1999 I no know wetin be internet,now I get laptop,I dey use blackberry...we win ebola,we win nations cup,na we dey top african economy etc
Re: Nigerians Poorer Now Than In 1999 - Buhari by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 18, 2014
Nigerians have more freedom than they did in 1984.

Nigerians have the opportunity and privilege to insult and slander their president now than ever before. Courtesy of guaranteed Freedom of speech coupled with the most tolerant and democratic administration.

There was no dangote in 1999. Nigeria currently can boast of the richest man in Africa.

Sectors that hitherto did not exist during 1984 such as Aviation, telecommunication, banking, entertainment are now employing thousands.

Nigerians did not have boko haram back in 1984 because their grand Amir was holding the country with his vice grip.

Nigerians are better informed now than in 1984.

Nigerian journalists don't risk jail time publishing factual claims of corruption.

Nigeria is not a big barrack like it used to be in 1984.

Go and ask the average Niger Deltan if he will prefer the squalor and poverty of the 80's to that of revenue derivation of the current civilian dispensation.

Buhari is having grand delusions. By claiming that the epoch period of 1999 which ushered in democracy is the beginning of poverty, Buhari is suggesting that the "good ol' days" of despotic paternalistic military rule where the best.

Can you now see this despot in full regalia?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Tambuwal Defects To Apc / 2015: Anybody But Jonathan / Happy Birthday Mama Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.