Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,270 members, 7,928,889 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 02:24 AM

Four Nigerians Jailed For Duping Single White Women Out Of £220,000 - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Four Nigerians Jailed For Duping Single White Women Out Of £220,000 (727 Views)

2 Nigerian Men Arrested In India For Duping A Woman And - Pictured / EFCC Arrests Man For Duping An Irish Businesswoman / Jilted Woman Battles Ex-lover For Duping And Refusing To Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Four Nigerians Jailed For Duping Single White Women Out Of £220,000 by lovelyprincess: 3:15pm On Oct 18, 2014
Four Nigerians who were specialized in a ‘highly sophisticated’ crime which used a false dating profile to snare victims’ have been jailed.

These guys were smart to make use of a dating site match.com to send messages, e-mails and texts of love and “overblown affection”to single ladies with a false profile.

After a week week trail, Monty Emu, Adewunmi Nusi, Emmanuel and Chukwuka Ugwu, 29 admitted money laundering.
Sentencing the four men, Judge Susan Evans QC said: “This was a highly sophisticated conspiracy to defraud, it preyed on the trusting, the lonely and the emotionally vulnerable.

“The amount of planning was, in my view, substantial and would have required a highly organised group of individuals.”
She continued: “Some of those females that were targeted were utterly taken in by this cruel scam and the sophistication of the crime means it’s unsurprising that some of them were taken in.

“The hurt and distress you caused them was enormous. It’s not even about the loss of the money being at the forefront of this, it’s about the emotional hurt you caused them.”

A victim, Ms Hardman, from Basingstoke, said : “From the day I reported the incident to the police, I felt very vulnerable and sick to my stomach. As I look back, I felt groomed and that is how I became a victim of this, I wouldn’t want anyone else to be a victim of this type of crime.

“I do feel a duty to warn others, women specifically, of this type of theft over dating websites and the internet.
“The money itself was to act as a pension and to support my family as I got old, one could say I have lost everything that I had from a 28-year marriage.” Source http://hiphopnaija.com/2014/10/four-nigerians-jailed-for-duping-single-white-women-out-of-220000/

Re: Four Nigerians Jailed For Duping Single White Women Out Of £220,000 by agitator: 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2014
them try, but the whites done dey dupe us since 1200 angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Another African Immigrant Burnt Alive In South Africa::so Sad / Lady Electrocuted By Power Bank. Warning: Graphic Photo / See How Mtn Steals From Us.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.