Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,784 members, 7,898,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

12 Vista Features You Can Disable Right Now. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 12 Vista Features You Can Disable Right Now. (627 Views)

Stop Sharing USB Flash Drives - Right Now / BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

12 Vista Features You Can Disable Right Now. by mrghost: 6:27am On Nov 14, 2008
VISTA, THY NAME is bloat!
The latest windows packs a lot of code-more than any version of Windows ever-and some of it is just plain unecessary. all that excess
code has a way of slowing down an operating system.
You can regain some PC performance by deactivating unneeded capabilities.

I've identified a dozen vista features that you can turn off right now. some are shiny baubles that slow your graphic performance, while others are optional
utilities that bog memory when they shouldn't. A few can in fact be quiet useful, even though they play a major role in bogging down your pc.

should you really kill all the following features right this minute? that depends on your computer, your work habits, and your tastes.
(I've put only seven and a half of them out of action on my PC, because while none of these elements are required for vista function, some are still kind of nice and my computer, fortunately, is fast enough to handle them.)
Just to be on the safe side, make sure to create a restore point before you turn any of this items off. that way you can quickly return your machine to its present state. should you decide that you don't like the change.
To make a restore point, click start, type system.ept in the search field, and press <enter>. choose system protection.create, and follow the prompts. Windows will take care of the rest.

send a mail to pctophpnetips@yahoo.com if you feel you need this

(1) (Reply)

I_touch Dload Trouble / Money Back Guranteed Softwares / Where Can I Get Computers (good Ones) In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.