Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,095 members, 7,949,779 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 06:43 PM

How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. (3712 Views)

Funny Ways Couples Settle Their Quarrels / I Want To Settle Down Pls Advice / Do Man Really Marry For Love These Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by butanep(m): 8:59am On Oct 19, 2014
This issues has been bothering me for some time now... I keep asking my self how much do I need to have as reserve before I settle down for a woman. When I imagine the cost of getting married this modern era, I just begin to tell my self I have to work more harder to save more money.
From the point of introduction, to the point of traditional marriage to white wedding to reception to even honey moon... I know all these will cost alot, so I just keep wondering how muchdo a man need on an average to run all this expenses and settle down. " To be a man is not easy shall".
I ve less than a million naira in my account, but above 500k and my friend keep telling me am good to go to settle down... not that an old ooo, am still in my late 20's. I get angry with him because I think he is just clueless. I do estimate that a man should have at least a million naira before he think of settling down.

So what's your opinion about the amount a guy need to settle down and do an average wedding plans?
Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by lomaxx: 9:21am On Oct 19, 2014
What investments do you have on ground?

Do you have SOURCES of income?

1 Like

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 19, 2014
My own opinion. You should have a stable job or a good source of income. You should be able to rent a good apartment for ur new family & at least give your wife #30k to #40k every month for the up keep of the house.

Then for the marriage plan form introduction to traditional to white wedding have a budget of 1.5m to 2m naira.
Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by eigmaticme: 10:35am On Oct 19, 2014
Are you talking of finances for life after the wedding or finances to foot the bill of the ceremony?
For the ceremony you have to do with what you have. Invite both families and a few friends. 200k can cover court,trad and white.
For life after the wedding just have a regular source of stable income and you are good to go.
This can only work if your partner is on the same page with you.
Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by dapsy4u2(m): 10:43am On Oct 19, 2014
real22:
let me list the things need & someone should help put the cost.
1. Drinks & cash for introducetion
2. Bride & groom traditional wears
3. The list giving by the bride's ppl
4. Traditional wedding food & drinks
5. Wedding ring
6. Cloths for the bride's parent
7. Printing of wedding cards
8. The bride price
9. Cake
10.White wedding cloths, bag & shoe
11.Canopy & chairs for traditional marriage
12.Rantage of hull for white wedding
13.Decoration of hull
14.Food & drinks for white wedding
15.Gift items for slovenias.
Ok someone should cost the items I have listted & let see what the total cost will be.

Look at the bolded...........................and you are talking like you know it all. SMH for you!!!
Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by 2good(m): 10:54am On Oct 19, 2014
real22:
My own opinion. You should have a stable job or a good source of income. You should be able to rent a good apartment for ur new family & at least give your wife #30k to #40k every month for the up keep of the house.

Then for the marriage plan form introduction to traditional to white wedding have a budget of 1.5m to 2m naira.

And how much does the woman have to contribute for the wedding while dictating to the man to have between 1.5 and 2 million naira for a wedding that add no value and probably push him into debt?

3 Likes

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by amtheone(m): 10:59am On Oct 19, 2014
real22:

This girl is very funny

1 Like

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by iykedare(m): 11:25am On Oct 19, 2014
Marriage for two. Bills for one.
Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
amtheone:

This girl is very funny
like I said its my own opinion & plz watch your words you don't no me & I don't no u don't ever address me as a girl again.
Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2014
2good:

And how much does the woman have to contribute for the wedding while dictating to the man to have between 1.5 and 2 million naira for a wedding that add no value and probably push him into debt?
like I said, its my opinion if u have a different opinion from mine, u can state ur own opinion.

And what is ur biz if i dictate what I want to my man. I can dictate putting in consideration what he can afford there are some men that are willing to give a woman anything she wants as much as then can afford it & not going into debt. That u can't afford a wedding of 1.5 or 2m does not mean that some other person can't afford that. If I can afford 1m for my wedding then I see no reason why my husband can not afford 1.5m or 2m.

People are different, some will even give a wedding of 5m and above.

1 Like

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by butanep(m): 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
lomaxx:
What investments do you have on ground?

Do you have SOURCES of income?
yea... I do but those not really pay that much...
Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by 2good(m): 1:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
real22:
like I said, its my opinion if u have a different opinion from mine, u can state ur own opinion.

And what is ur biz if i dictate what I want to my man. I can dictate putting in consideration what he can afford there are some men that are willing to give a woman anything she wants as much as then can afford it & not going into debt. That u can't afford a wedding of 1.5 or 2m does not mean that some other person can't afford that. If I can afford 1m for my wedding then I see no reason why my husband can not afford 1.5m or 2m.

For the fact that I have the money is enough reason to waste it on a show off when the money can be used for something else while the woman dictating have nothing to contribute but her demands. You demand for a man to do everything then request for equality from thesame man. Don't you think that is double standard?

3 Likes

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by butanep(m): 1:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
real22:

Babe I hail oooo... This your plan nor be hear ooo... 2m naira as budget for wedding... I think 2m naira budget plan for wedding is just too much for an average....

2 Likes

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by butanep(m): 1:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
iykedare:
Marriage for two. Bills for one.
Guy I tire ooo... where two want to marry and one person is paying the bills...

1 Like

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by butanep(m): 2:01pm On Oct 19, 2014
real22:

so you will advise your husband to through in 5m naira for a wedding... Na waa oooo

1 Like

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
What do we really NEED when getting married?

1. A good plan or course of action by both of you. Always remember that as much as people will suggest and promise its two of you at the end of the day. Both of you will live with the benefits or consequence of how you organise your life post and pre wedding.

2. A steady source of income. Money is regular and you both start by putting together funds for joint activities. Have a budget for what you will need monthly to run your home and decide what percentage each will contribute to that budget.

3. A home. Rent a modest home pay at least 2 years rent so you wont start stressing for money soon afterwards.

4. As for the ceremony show, please dont get carried away with the show, people will come look at your clothes, your cake and eat your food, after 3 hours its done. I will advice if funds are limited you invest more in the life after. You can have a registry wedding, have a parlour engagement or traditional and then do a church service and if your church has compound space use it and save on the cost of renting a venue.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
If you're waiting to make enough money before settling down,you would get to 55years and still remain single..

With the kind of money you have already,a traditional,white and honeymoon can be covered and you would still have change,that-s of course if you don't want to feed the nation

1 Like

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by butanep(m): 5:28pm On Oct 19, 2014
Odilafta:
If you're waiting to make enough money before settling down,you would get to 55years and still remain single..

With the kind of money you have already,a traditional,white and honeymoon can be covered and you would still have change,that-s of course if you don't want to feed the nation
are u serious

1 Like

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
real22:

Nma u try! I laff in ibibio. Iyanmi! Adiokono mesua!

2million for wedding preparation! Is d wedding an investment? 2 million naira will give me at least 4 plots of land. And if I give my wife 40k every month na im be say 500k go take care of my house for 1 yr plus. Na him person go spend 2 milla for wedding? Uso!

Well, it all depends on d man sha. Afterall one man's tozo is anoda man's bonga fish.

1 Like

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
obongproff:

Nma u try! I laff in ibibio. Iyanmi! Adiokono mesua!

2million for wedding preparation! Is d wedding an investment? 2 million naira will give me at least 4 plots of land. And if I give my wife 40k every month na im be say 500k go take care of my house for 1 yr plus. Na him person go spend 2 milla for wedding? Uso!

Well, it all depends on d man sha. Afterall one man's tozo is anoda man's bonga fish.
am glad u no one man's tozo is another man's bonga fish that u can't afford it does not mean another man can't.
Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
butanep:
Babe I hail oooo... This your plan nor be hear ooo... 2m naira as budget for wedding... I think 2m naira budget plan for wedding is just too much for an average....
for you its too much but some other ppl can afford it.
Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by jayedu108: 6:37pm On Oct 19, 2014
real22:
for you its too much but some other ppl can afford it.
u are still a child still l guess u still live under ur parents roof so u can quote any figure u wish to please face ur studies for nw u are nt yet ripe for marriage nor understand d principles of marriage.

3 Likes

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by CoCoLav(f): 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
eigmaticme:
Are you talking of finances for life after the wedding or finances to foot the bill of the ceremony?
For the ceremony you have to do with what you have. Invite both families and a few friends. 200k can cover court,trad and white.
For life after the wedding just have a regular source of stable income and you are good to go.
This can only work if your partner is on the same page with you.
Goodluck

Bros! 200k? Chisos! That will just be enough for photography and decoration. sad

Mehn! I have to make sure I and my partner are on the same page be that o.

Modified: Okay, I just saw the part about family and few friends *whew!
Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by KillerBeauty(f): 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2014
Op with more than a million naira you are good to go already. Take it from me you don't need to throw a flaboyant party all in the name of wedding. As for me I prefer it small and simply.
After everything carry your wife go house. Life has started cool

1 Like

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by chlowi(f): 6:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
real22:

Are you for Real? Is that nt too much? Just for a celebration? Is he Dangote's son? If he spends such huge sum, what happens to cost of living etc when the family becomes large?

Haba, Bia Nwoke, someone said 200k, my take is 500 (intro,trad, court, white) as a young man who is starting life , I'd rather you invest that 1.5 or 2m into bizness /or open a good business for your wife if she ain't working.

I'd rather lavish such amount on my anniversary!!!

2 Likes

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
jayedu108:
u are still a child still l guess u still live under ur parents roof so u can quote any figure u wish to please face ur studies for nw u are nt yet ripe for marriage nor understand d principles of marriage.
you are really stupid. I understand the principles of marriage very well & just so u no am 29years old & getting married next year my man feels he wants a wedding of above 2m.

And just so u no I I started staying alone since in 2008 from my nysc year tell date, I stay in a two bedroom flat & I have been working with a good pay. Own some plots of land & to me I feel 2m is not a big money to spend on my wedding as long as the man is in agreement.

I think you are the child here for just opening your mouth & insulting someone you don't no.
Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by butanep(m): 7:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
chlowi:

Are you for Real? Is that nt too much? Just for a celebration? Is he Dangote's son? If he spends such huge sum, what happens to cost of living etc when the family becomes large?

Haba, Bia Nwoke, someone said 200k, my take is 500 (intro,trad, court, white) as a young man who is starting life , I'd rather you invest that 1.5 or 2m into bizness /or open a good business for your wife if she ain't working.

you have a point bro..
Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by eigmaticme: 7:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
CoCoLav:

Bros! 200k? Chisos! That will just be enough for photography and decoration. sad

Mehn! I have to make sure I and my partner are on the same page be that o.

Modified: Okay, I just saw the part about family and few friends *whew!

Lol.
Funny you
Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
chlowi:

lol you are really funny. Ok like I said its my own opinion. Bear in mind that there are people who can spend 2m on marriage & still have enough to invest in property & are still earning good income. For some it will be too much & some its just ok & some its not even enough.
Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by sexylogan(m): 8:24pm On Oct 19, 2014
aisha2:
What do we really NEED when getting married?

1. A good plan or course of action by both of you. Always remember that as much as people will suggest and promise its two of you at the end of the day. Both of you will live with the benefits or consequence of how you organise your life post and pre wedding.

2. A steady source of income. Money is regular and you both start by putting together funds for joint activities. Have a budget for what you will need monthly to run your home and decide what percentage each will contribute to that budget.

3. A home. Rent a modest home pay at least 2 years rent so you wont start stressing for money soon afterwards.

4. As for the ceremony show, please dont get carried away with the show, people will come look at your clothes, your cake and eat your food, after 3 hours its done. I will advice if funds are limited you invest more in the life after. You can have a registry wedding, have a parlour engagement or traditional and then do a church service and if your church has compound space use it and save on the cost of renting a venue.

Very sensible. And practical.

1 Like

Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
butanep:
This issues has been bothering me for some time now... I keep asking my self how much do I need to have as reserve before I settle down for a woman. When I imagine the cost of getting married this modern era, I just begin to tell my self I have to work more harder to save more money.
From the point of introduction, to the point of traditional marriage to white wedding to reception to even honey moon... I know all these will cost alot, so I just keep wondering how muchdo a man need on an average to run all this expenses and settle down. " To be a man is not easy shall".
I ve less than a million naira in my account, but above 500k and my friend keep telling me am good to go to settle down... not that an old ooo, am still in my late 20's. I get angry with him because I think he is just clueless. I do estimate that a man should have at least a million naira before he think of settling down.

So what's your opinion about the amount a guy need to settle down and do an average wedding plans?
let me list the things need & someone should help put the cost.

1. Drinks & cash for introducetion
2. Bride & groom traditional wears
3. The list giving by the bride's ppl
4. Traditional wedding food & drinks
5. Wedding ring
6. Cloths for the bride's parent
7. Printing of wedding cards
8. The bride price
9. Cake
10.White wedding cloths, bag & shoe
11.Canopy & chairs for traditional marriage
12.Rantage of hull for white wedding
13.Decoration of hull
14.Food & drinks for white wedding
15.Gift items for slovenias.

Ok someone should cost the items I have listted & let see what the total cost will be.
Re: How Much To A Man Really Need To Settle Down. by chlowi(f): 8:44pm On Oct 19, 2014
real22:
lol you are really funny. Ok like I said its my own opinion. Bear in mind that there are people who can spend 2m on marriage & still have enough to invest in property & are still earning good income. For some it will be too much & some its just ok & some its not even enough.

You are even more funny, lmao, Op posted to be advised, from his post, u can tell he is just starting life and has decided to take a goodstep and 1.5m to 2m is what you could come up with? Jesu, do u want him to go back and tell his woman that she should wait when he is worth 50m before he can proceed with the marriage.?

Pls, do not discourage young men from knocking doors oooh . Hell yeah I know people can even use 10mill and above for a wedding but op ws specific so why give such an exorbitant price for an average guy, it wd only discourage the op from taking baby steps let alone further steps!!!.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Second Hand Wedding Gown In Yaba Market (pix) / Lovely Photoshoot For 2 Year Old Birthday / I Don't Understand My Husband Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.