Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,774 members, 7,938,346 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 11:45 PM

The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin - Religion (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin (211709 Views)

Are You Married Or Preparing To? Biblical Verses That Will Strengthen You / >> FOR TITHES OR AGAINST TITHES:A BALANCED APPROACH << / Kenneth Hagin & Kenneth Copeland - Pentecostal Confusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 5:11am On Nov 11, 2014
Bidam:
All this write up is laden and laced with pride. Good job. KEEP IT UP!

Thank you.

Pride, pride... and you don't think that's judging?
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 5:49am On Nov 11, 2014
I never said Jesus requires my permission to take me home, you did and you shouldn't be ashamed of it. And if you are, swallow your pride and withdraw your statement.

The creation GROANS in eagerness waiting the redemption of the children of God, it was subjected to frustration. That was a consequence of sin that is yet to be realized despite Jesus conquering sin and paying the penalty. Try hard as you may, you are housed in corruptible flesh in a fallen world. In the fullness of time, this will be no more. Before then, you can only do as much

mbaemeka:

As expected, adhominems soon to follow.

I didn't say this world is not fallen. I very much agree that it is. I explained the consequences of the fallen world and chief of which is SIN that reproduced- murder, wickedness, poverty, sicknesses, failures etc. Now Jesus came to defeat SIN as a whole and he told us that SIN shall not have dominion over us (who believe in him). Now if I tell people that they can live above sin and it's consequences in this world even while we wait for the new world and you say I am amiss? Even when I am quoting scriptures? Howbeit?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 5:52am On Nov 11, 2014
It is far much more intelligent that you don't delude yourself that you are the first to discover this utopia, that Paul,Timothy,Epphroditus and Trophimus missed

Bidam:
It's best you save yourself from unbelief by taking what God says, don't bother about me. I take the word of God as it is when He said no inhabitant shall say i am sick.
It is not my prejudices, i am actually teaching you to read in context which is better.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 5:56am On Nov 11, 2014
You are running away from the fact that the reality you fantasize out of Psalms 92 is conspicuously absent from a righteous king, a David contemporary. The guy checked out at 54 and he had to pray against death 15 years before.

Bidam:
“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.” (Exodus 20:12). Maybe this is much closer, since you have a father and mother.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 6:14am On Nov 11, 2014
A quick but powerful morning devotion. Shedemidemi, you'd take opening prayers, Bidam exhortation, emm... vooks, closing prayer.. me Rhapsody! cheesy

Use The Word For Healing And Health · Tuesday, November 11th

Pastor Chris

When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick (Matthew 8:16).

Someone might be in a precarious health condition and gripe, "I’ve prayed about this sickness; I’ve cried; I’ve fasted, and nothing has changed; I don’t know what else to do!" Well, that’s because you haven’t acted on the Word. That’s what God expects of you. When you act on the Word, things change. There’s reality in the Word of God that’s beyond science and the senses.

For example, when the world says an ailment is incurable, that limitation doesn’t include us, because when we lay our hands on the sick, they’re healed, irrespective of the condition. We can heal all manner of sickness and disease with the Word. When we speak the Word, diseases dematerialize. It’s like what happened with Jesus in Bible days; they brought to Him many that were possessed with devils, and He cast out the spirits with His Word, and healed all that were sick. Notice that He did it with His Word.When He said, "Receive your sight," the man that was born blind began to see.

When He said, "Rise up and walk," at His Word, the lame got up, walking and running. His Word restored even those that had their limbs amputated! There’s something about the Word of God!As you read this, it’s possible you have cancer in your body: All you need do is, speak the Word! Say, "My body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, and cannot cohabit with sickness." Therefore, call its name and say, "I command you to die in the Name of Jesus." Say, "In the Name of Jesus, I cut you out!"

It doesn’t matter what the condition is; perhaps it’s lameness, blindness or some disabilities; the power of God is available in His Word. Use the Word against it. No sickness can thrive in your body because of the impact of the divine life on your physical body. Halleluiah!

Confession...
Divinity is tabernacled in my physical body! I’m a new creation, not subject to the elements of this world. I live the transcendent life! Divinity flows in every fibre of my being, in every cell of my blood, and in every bone of my body! I reign over sickness, disease, poverty and lack! I’m superior to Satan. Glory to God!

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/31#27905658

How can I read these words and make these confessions daily and fail in life or be sick or broke?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 6:35am On Nov 11, 2014
Is there a specific confession I can make for my marriage?
Btw, am dying to read Rev Chris marriage books. What do you recommend? grin

God put us together, nothing but death can put us asunder. Therefore you spirit of divorce I roar at you like a young lion. I command you to somersault and die and then dissipate and dissolve into thin air.
How can I possibly divorce with such powerful confessions!
Gombs:
A quick but powerful morning devotion. Shedemidemi, you'd take opening prayers, Bidam exhortation, emm... vooks, closing prayer.. me Rhapsody! cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/393253/rhapsody-realities-daily-devotional/31#27905658

How can I read these words and make these confessions daily and fail in life or be sick or broke?

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 6:36am On Nov 11, 2014
Gombs:

Which words?
The words of the devotional penned by a man?

3 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 6:38am On Nov 11, 2014
Bidam:
How? Care to explain why Isaiah 33:24 is not meant for the body of Christ?

It refers to the people addressed in its context.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 7:14am On Nov 11, 2014
trustman:

Which words?
The words of the devotional penned by a man ?

Should devotionals be penned by God or Holy Spirit or by men? undecided

You keep getting weirder o! grin

Question is, did you get the message?

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 7:16am On Nov 11, 2014
vooks:
Is there a specific confession I can make for my marriage?
Btw, am dying to read Rev Chris marriage books. What do you recommend? grin

God put us together, nothing but death can put us asunder. Therefore you spirit of divorce I roar at you like a young lion. I command you to somersault and die and then dissipate and dissolve into thin air.
How can I possibly divorce with such powerful confessions!

Nice try! Call WinsomeX, he's got juicy gist about Rev Chris. He like you, already concluded there was a divorce, and WinsomeX said he committed adultery. Hahhahhaahaahhaahahaha, anyways, did you get the message?

I doubt!

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 7:19am On Nov 11, 2014
You want to help a brother out not mocking him when he is in need of counsel. How inconsiderate of you!

Of course we know there is no divorce, just rumors and accuser of our brethren at work
Gombs:

Nice try! Call WinsomeX, he's got juicy gist about Rev Chris. He like you, already concluded there was a divorce, and WinsomeX said he committed adultery. Hahhahhaahaahhaahahaha, anyways, did you get the message?

I doubt!

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 7:19am On Nov 11, 2014
trustman:

Are you kidding me? shocked

Who was Isaiah 54:17 addressing?

Wait first, let me get you straight, are you confirming the above verse is not meant for the body of Christ?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 7:20am On Nov 11, 2014
vooks:
You want to help a brother out not mocking him when he is in need of counsel. How inconsiderate of you!

undecided undecided
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 7:25am On Nov 11, 2014
So you won't help me? You shared Hagin's books. Now please share Chris marriage books. You are not married but you will get there son
Gombs:

undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 7:36am On Nov 11, 2014
vooks:
So you won't help me? You shared Hagin's books. Now please share Chris marriage books. You are not married but you will get there son

I haven't seen any, but I can recommend Hagin's! Ummmm... single's seminar with Pastor Chris, part 1 to 3, go find it, it's digital format, not a book.

As for marriage claims, your opinion is noted.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 7:43am On Nov 11, 2014
I don't need singles thing, am long past that by the grace of God
No marriage book? That's strange.

Thank you for your references.

Cheers bro wink
Gombs:

I haven't seen any, but I can recommend Hagin's! Ummmm... single's seminar with Pastor Chris, part 1 to 3, go find it, it's digital format, not a book.

As for marriage claims, your opinion is noted.

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 7:54am On Nov 11, 2014
vooks:
I don't need singles thing, am long past that by the grace of God
No marriage book? That's strange.

Thank you for your references.

Cheers bro wink

What do you think they discuss in Single seminars? How to remain single? grin
You welcome though
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 2:18pm On Nov 11, 2014
vooks:

I never said Jesus requires my permission to take me home, you did and you shouldn't be ashamed of it. And if you are, swallow your pride and withdraw your statement.
The creation GROANS in eagerness waiting the redemption of the children of God, it was subjected to frustration. That was a consequence of sin that is yet to be realized despite Jesus conquering sin and paying the penalty. Try hard as you may, you are housed in corruptible flesh in a fallen world. In the fullness of time, this will be no more. Before then, you can only do as much

Peter and John were both disciples but Peter couldn't ask Jesus some questions directly. Instead he told John to ask Jesus for him. What do you think was responsible for that?

Later Jesus told Peter the way he would leave this world, but he said nothing to John and when Peter queried Jesus told him it is not his business. What do you think was responsible for that?

Abraham had called God Jevohah but when God spoke to Moses he said Abraham didn't know him as Jehovah what was responsible for that?

Peter told Jesus that he was the son of God and Jesus praised him for that. Thomas Didymus called Jesus GOD and Jesus didn't say "Thomas you are going too far. I am only the son" what was responsible for that?

There are levels in God that you would never grow to if you cherrypick his words and tell him which you prefer to believe. Jesus said "if it were not so, I would have told you". Everything he said was true as he is not a liar and cannot even lie. The day that thought settles in your heart you would be re-awakened to the fatherhood of God and some of your unbelief will dissipate.

I was happy to see that you not only believe in tongues but that you also partook of such a wonderful gift. This means that from this level to the next one for you is not far. The level where you know (eido) that God wants you in perfect health, wealth, state of mind, shalom, security etc. That knowledge will not be revealed as some vision. It will dawn on you.

Cheers.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 3:02pm On Nov 11, 2014
Are there some levels you believe Paul and his contemporaries never reached but you or somebody you know is sailing in?

You don't have to taste everything to believe. You don't have to have all the gifts to believe in them

I'd love to know example(s) of somebody who KNOWS that Jesus wants wealth,health and longevity for them. We readily associate Hagin with Faith. Let's put a name to this man of faith cheesy

Cheers

mbaemeka:

[size=4pt]Peter and John were both disciples but Peter couldn't ask Jesus some questions directly. Instead he told John to ask Jesus for him. What do you think was responsible for that?

Later Jesus told Peter the way he would leave this world, but he said nothing to John and when Peter queried Jesus told him it is not his business. What do you think was responsible for that?

Abraham had called God Jevohah but when God spoke to Moses he said Abraham didn't know him as Jehovah what was responsible for that?

Peter told Jesus that he was the son of God and Jesus praised him for that. Thomas Didymus called Jesus GOD and Jesus didn't say "Thomas you are going too far. I am only the son" what was responsible for that?[/size]

[ There are levels in God that you would never grow to if you cherrypick his words and tell him which you prefer to believe. Jesus said "if it were not so, I would have told you". Everything he said was true as he is not a liar and cannot even lie. The day that thought settles in your heart you would be re-awakened to the fatherhood of God and some of your unbelief will dissipate.

I was happy to see that you not only believe in tongues but that you also partook of such a wonderful gift. This means that from this level to the next one for you is not far. The level where you know (eido) that God wants you in perfect health, wealth, state of mind, shalom, security etc. That knowledge will not be revealed as some vision. It will dawn on you.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by mbaemeka(m): 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2014
vooks:
Are there some levels you believe Paul and his contemporaries never reached but you or somebody you know is sailing in?

You don't have to taste everything to believe. You don't have to have all the gifts to believe in them

I'd love to know example(s) of somebody who KNOWS that Jesus wants wealth,health and longevity for them. We readily associate Hagin with Faith. Let's put a name to this man of faith cheesy

Cheers

Jesus himself for he is the template.

We love all the MOG in the bible even though they like us are not infallible. So my understanding of God's word should not be bordering on how Epaphroditus or Timothy responded to the same word. That's why I told you that Demas had a disagreement with Paul because he didn't want to 'Die daily' like Paul. So when push came to shove he ran away for dear life even though he may have remained a christian where he was. He just didn't have the same convictions with Paul.

Paul was not infallible himself (and I love him so this is not to disparage him). Paul had an obsession for his people- the Jews. So even in the face of all the prophecies from the Holy Spirit through other Christians and even the inner witness to himself, he still went to Jerusalem even after the Spirit had told him not to. It was by so doing that he got himself killed in Rome but then again that itinerary he made enabled us to have the book of Romans.

The point is that there was an awareness, a consciousness if you please, that Paul had that made him so successful while on earth. I like to call it a Christ Consciousness. For e.g, he said "we are EIDO (Conscious or aware) that all things work together for our good" but he said this in relation to his persecutions. When he said "if the spirit of him, that raised up Jesus from the dead, dwells in you. He that raised up Jesus will also VITALIZE your MORTAL BODY" he was conscious of the Holy Spirit's ability to keep us healthy in our Corruptible flesh.

That's all I need to know to believe that God wants me healthy and thank God there are many more scriptures saying so. Whether Timothy believed this message or not adds nothing or takes nothing away from it. GOD WANTS US IN PERFECT HEALTH. God said it, I believe it. . .and that settles it.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 4:17pm On Nov 11, 2014
Nobody nowhere suggested infallibility of the men who gave us NT nor OT. Peter's epic hypocrisy tells us all.

What you are saying is you'd rather die before you show me any man because no such man exists nowhere. Jesus you will happily quote because He was God anyway not to mention a historical figure. 2000 years of Christianity have failed to produce any example. We have examples of healing, demons cast out, creative miracles, resurrection/revival of corpses but nobody who half-walks in this lofty level.

Let's stick to Pauline epistles.
1. Did Paul ever teach anything remotely resembling this 'level' which is no more than health,wealth and long life utopia?
2. If he did, could you please share the verses and if he didn't,do you think he was aware of the same only his fallibility/flesh failed him in attaining it?

mbaemeka:

Jesus himself for he is the template.

We love all the MOG in the bible even though they like us are not infallible. So my understanding of God's word should not be bordering on how Epaphroditus or Timothy responded to the same word. That's why I told you that Demas had a disagreement with Paul because he didn't want to 'Die daily' like Paul. So when push came to shove he ran away for dear life even though he may have remained a christian where he was. He just didn't have the same convictions with Paul.

Paul was not infallible himself (and I love him so this is not to disparage him). Paul had an obsession for his people- the Jews. So even in the face of all the prophecies from the Holy Spirit through other Christians and even the inner witness to himself, he still went to Jerusalem even after the Spirit had told him not to. It was by so doing that he got himself killed in Rome but then again that itinerary he made enabled us to have the book of Romans.

The point is that there was an awareness, a consciousness if you please, that Paul had that made him so successful while on earth. I like to call it a Christ Consciousness. For e.g, he said "we are EIDO (Conscious or aware) that all things work together for our good" but he said this in relation to his persecutions. When he said "if the spirit of him, that raised up Jesus from the dead, dwells in you. He that raised up Jesus will also VITALIZE your MORTAL BODY" he was conscious of the Holy Spirit's ability to keep us healthy in our Corruptible flesh.

That's all I need to know to believe that God wants me healthy and thank God there are many more scriptures saying so. Whether Timothy believed this message or not adds nothing or takes nothing away from it. GOD WANTS US IN PERFECT HEALTH. God said it, I believe it. . .and that settles it.

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 10:47pm On Nov 11, 2014
Pro 10:22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

The demisquare version says "The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich in previous dispensations, and he addeth sorrows with it to make us selfless."

The voks version says "The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich before before, and he addeth no sorrow with it."

The spirikoko windowsx version says "The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich only spiritually, and he addeth no sorrow with it if He doth sovereignly chooses."

The Gnoni version says "The blessing of the LORD i dey looku looku, it maketh rich, and he addeth www.iamsofullofmyself.g no sorrow with it."

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by trustman: 11:07pm On Nov 11, 2014
Image123:
Pro 10:22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.

The demisquare version says "The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich in previous dispensations, and he addeth sorrows with it to make us selfless."

The voks version says "The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich before before, and he addeth no sorrow with it."

The spirikoko windowsx version says "The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich only spiritually, and he addeth no sorrow with it if He doth sovereignly chooses."

The Gnoni version says "The blessing of the LORD i dey looku looku, it maketh rich, and he addeth www.iamsofullofmyself.g no sorrow with it."

Are these what they said or you're just trying to be deceitful?
Can you copy and paste exactly where they said these?
Hope this is not another one of your diversionary tactics?

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Image123(m): 11:47pm On Nov 11, 2014
trustman:

duh, i forgot to add your name and version. As you can see, you also have to ask questions as i've not made any unfounded assertions or false accusations.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by WinsomeX: 6:10am On Nov 12, 2014
trustman:

Do not answer a foolish man in his folly...

Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him. 26:5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

4 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 6:23am On Nov 12, 2014
I expect everything but brains,logic,sense,intelligence and wisdom from Mrs Dumbo Obtuse Esq.

Image123:

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Gombs(m): 7:34am On Nov 12, 2014
vooks:
I expect everything but brains,logic,sense,intelligence and wisdom from Mrs Dumbo Obtuse Esq.

He is not a she.... like I asked before, are you sure you're ok? cheesy
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by vooks: 7:54am On Nov 12, 2014
her gender is not important. Don't push it. Am quite fine but I could do with a jailbroken iPhone 6+, so if you are led don't hesitate to do the needful wink
Gombs:

He is not a she.... like I asked before, are you sure you're ok? cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by shdemidemi(m): 8:08am On Nov 12, 2014
Image123:

Good morning my dear brother.

You are completely free to claim and usurp all of the promises in the Old Testament save the curses.

You image123 can as well rub off the name of Abraham and be the father of many nations. Head up to Moses and claim his blessings too. take a swift swerve to the Jewish nation, claim their blessings as well. Don't forget the blessing of David and that of Saul.

Whatever you do don't claim that of Jesus though, I am sure you know how He and and his disciples concluded their service. Moreover, there are no money or wealth accumulation promises in the epistles so steer clear of Paul.

What sort of God says this sef-
Romans 8
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; [size=24pt]if so be that we suffer with him[/size], that we may be also glorified together.

Image123, how can! Tell God you don't lick blood soaked hand o, na Palm oil hand u want. Suffer ke! When promises dey. Abeg make we go search for promises to stand on for Old Testament my brother.. Abi? grin

2 Likes

Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by LambanoPeace: 8:11am On Nov 12, 2014
vooks:
her gender is not important. Don't push it. Am quite fine but I could do with a jailbroken iPhone 6+, so if you are led don't hesitate to do the needful wink

grin grin

Funny macho!
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 12, 2014
WinsomeX:

Thank you.

Pride, pride... and you don't think that's judging?
No, just exposing your sickness and disease.
Re: The Midas Touch- A Balanced Approach To Biblical Prosperity - Kenneth Hagin by Nobody: 10:01am On Nov 12, 2014
trustman:

So we are to assume also you know where Zion is right now, who the King and the law giver is according to the same scripture? Can you tell us specifically who these folks are now and where they ARE at present?

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (103) (Reply)

The truth your pastor would not tell you about tithes / From Pastor To Atheist: Why I Will Never Be A Christian Again / The Doctrine Of The Ufos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.