Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,091 members, 7,925,444 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 03:49 PM

Jackson Gives Up Neverland Ranch - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Jackson Gives Up Neverland Ranch (918 Views)

Michael Jackson's Ghost Spies Neverland Ranch Viewers Considering Buying Mansion / Neverland Ranch Investigators Discover Corpse Of Real Michael Jackson. / Janet Jackson's Secret Daughter: Picture Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jackson Gives Up Neverland Ranch by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 14, 2008
Jackson gives up Neverland Ranch
Neverland ranch
Neverland was refinanced in March to save it from being auctioned off

Pop star Michael Jackson has lost ownership of his Neverland ranch in California after transferring the deeds to a company he has a share in.

Earlier this week, Jackson, 50, filed legal papers making the Sycamore Valley Ranch Company the new owner.

The company is linked to investment firm Colony Capital, which bailed the singer out in March when he owed $24.5m (£16m) on the property.

When it bought the debt, Neverland was a week away from being auctioned off.

The refinancing deal had meant that Jackson could keep the sprawling property.

Jackson, whose huge catalogue of hit records includes Billie Jean, Thriller and Man in the Mirror, has not lived at Neverland since he was acquitted of child molestation charges in 2005.

Fantasy land

It is not clear what will now happen to the property, which he bought in 1987.

The property, which Jackson aimed to turn into a fantasy land, is named after an island in the story Peter Pan, where children never grow up.

He built a zoo and fairground on the 2,800 acre (1,100 hectare) property which is north west of Santa Barbara.

It was closed in 2006 after Jackson failed to pay his staff or maintain proper insurance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7728871.stm
Re: Jackson Gives Up Neverland Ranch by SeanT21(f): 5:57pm On Nov 14, 2008
Its about Time!!
Re: Jackson Gives Up Neverland Ranch by ideaworks(m): 7:59pm On Nov 14, 2008
seant21, what do you mean its about time; so you are telling me you happy about the situation jackson finds himself now. would you wish that on your family or yourself for that matter. no matter what people think of him, he will always be my idol; in fact, the only thing about him that i don't like is the bleaching and everybody do make mistakes that end up big or small. and am telling you now, he is going to back maybe not as a singer but he is going to be back.
Re: Jackson Gives Up Neverland Ranch by SeanT21(f): 1:42am On Nov 15, 2008
ideaworks:

seant21, what do you mean its about time; so you are telling me you happy about the situation jackson finds himself now. would you wish that on your family or yourself for that matter. no matter what people think of him, he will always be my idol; in fact, the only thing about him that i don't like is the bleaching and everybody do make mistakes that end up big or small. and am telling you now, he is going to back maybe not as a singer but he is going to be back.

I do not wish anything Bad on Him but Why Did he have The Ranch in The First Place?
Re: Jackson Gives Up Neverland Ranch by ideaworks(m): 1:50pm On Nov 26, 2008
HAS IT EVER OCCURED TO YOU SEANT21 THAT SOMETHINGS ARE DONE WITH GOOD INTENTIONS BUT SITUATIONS AND SOME UNFORSEEN FACTORS MIGHT TURN THAT GOOD INTENTION TO SOMETHING ELSE.

ACCORDING TO ELODIE, HE WANTED THE PLACE AS A FANTASY LAND WHERE CHILDREN AND ADULTS ALIKE CAN RELAX AND HAVE FUN WHICH I THINK ARISES FROM HIS LACK OF FUN WHILE GROWING UP.

(1) (Reply)

Asa / Flavour N’abania – Iwe (tribute To Mc Loph) / Breaking News: Kim Kardashian Fires Kris Humphries With A Letter Of Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.