Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:19 AM

Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? (9930 Views)

Ambode throwing T-shirts Along Lateef Jankande Road from his car(pics) / Why Did Buhari Jail VP Ekuweme But Place President Shagari Under House Arrest? / The Cash, The Jet And Ayo Oritsejafor By Femi Fani Kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by 2cato: 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2014
doja:

"I am not interested in sending people to jail. When I was in government, those that went to jail were those who did not conduct themselves properly.

I did not just go to the street to pick anybody and send to jail. But those who have made our country this way, who were interested in the billion of naira while our people roam the streets without jobs will answer for it" ... Buhari April 2011 ( Citi Hall Lagos Nigeria)

I am sure the real fears of your sponsors is the quote below.

"Buhari said he would replicate his anti-corruption stance when he was head of state to ensure the nation was free of corruption, adding that corrupt public officers would face trial for financial crimes committed in the past and present "
mumu excuse.
Buhari made 70years old Prof. Ambrose alli suffered beating denied medical help and was hanged in jail for dare to use state fund to build the first ever state university in nigeria. Barcanista prove me wrong

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by SirHouloo(m): 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2014
menabadoo:
that's the problem i have with APC apologists, they never make a point without referring to GEJ.

Tell us what you can offer and stop saying what GE didn't offer.

Please can you now answer my question?
The two major skills I believe is required in our presidency today is a fight against corruption and the right command of power. GMB satisfies both requirements If I may say. Every other human and intellectual skillz needed is embedded in the populace.
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by 2cato: 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2014
Then he should go and apologise to Prof. Ambrose ali children.
Buhari made 70years old Prof. Ambrose alli suffered beating denied medical help and was hanged in jail for dare to use state fund to build the first ever state university in nigeria. Barcanista prove me wrong
Ngwakwe:

Not only that, he recently apologised to Shehu Shagari for ordering his house arrest.

You see what am saw?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ngwakwe:

I don't raise allegations, I refer to Facts

The general however said he has forgiven Mr. Babangida, although the events remained unforgettable. He also wished President Shehu Shagari, who he had earlier toppled and detained too, will forgive him.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/112414-why-babangida-overthrew-detained-me-buhari.html
That is the word of a Journalist. I said QUOTE him not telling me what one journalist said. I don't need anybody's interpretation, I need his exact words. Ngwakwe you claim to be an academic but you aren't smart at all.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Mcweber(m): 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2014
SirHouloo:
Why didn't Jonathan probe NNPC money scandal, Aviation minister's motor and the likes but prefer to witchhunt Sanusi for leaking the secrets? I think we deserve an answer to these too.
GBAM!!!

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2014
SirHouloo:

The two major skills I believe is required in our presidency today is a fight against corruption and the right command of power. GMB satisfies both requirements If I may say. Every other human and intellectual skillz needed is embedded in the populace.
does this answer my question? angry

I'm not trying to influence your decision, just answer the question.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2014
menabadoo:
you didn't answer anything, you were lingering round the question all the way.

I know you to be an APCist fond of coming up with long epistles, come up with one that will concisely explain why he jailed those people.
You should go ask Metuh then. I don't know what you want again

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Oct 22, 2014
barcanista:
You should go ask Metuh then. I don't know what you want again
This will be the first time you are unable to answer a question pertaining buhari.

16 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
menabadoo:
[s]This will be the first time you are unable to answer a question pertaining buhari[/s].
nonsense, I have answered you. But it is clear that you have the mindset for another answer.

Buhari, while speaking in Lagos on Wednesday at the presentation of his party manifesto, said when he got into power, the relatively stable economy, which was handed over to the government of Alhaji Shehu Shagari, had been badly plundered and corruption was rife in every sector. He added that the rail line project was meant to cost N100m, which was a large sum of money then, and the Federal Government was asked to guarantee the loan meant for the project.

He said, “Then, we didn’t know how much debt was on us as a nation and we felt that we should not add another N100m to it. I had to set up two committees to assess how much we owed and we promised not to take more loans or to devalue the naira but to develop the economy.”

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Olaolufred(m): 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2014
2cato:

HOW CAN HE PROVE WRONG WHAT WAS WRONG?
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Ngwakwe: 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2014
barcanista:
That is the word of a Journalist. I said QUOTE him not telling me what one journalist said. Ngwakwe you claim to be an academic but you aren't smart at all.

Disgusting, you mean the Journalist is a dunce while Barcanista is an expert in decoding imposed reported speech

An Interview with Buhari is now journalist's view? May be the interviewer was the one that forgave Babangida.

The greatest undoing in this debate for Buharists is that Buhari is dented beyond redemption hence no amount of media repackaging can suffice.

We are not here to play on words. This conversion was between two people and not crowd

The General (Buhari) however said he has forgiven Mr. Babangida, although the events remained unforgettable. He also wished President Shehu Shagari, who he had earlier toppled and detained too, will forgive him.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/112414-why-babangida-overthrew-detained-me-buhari.html

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 22, 2014
barcanista:
That is the word of a Journalist. I said QUOTE him not telling me what one journalist said. I don't need anybody's interpretation, I need his exact words. Ngwakwe you claim to be an academic but you aren't smart at all.
barcanista:
Who is hiding my comment?
Ngwakwe I repeat, Give us a Quote where GMB apologised to Shagari or??
Ngwakwe:

Disgusting, you mean the Journalist is a dunce while Barcanista is an expert in decoding imposed reported speech

An Interview with Buhari is now journalist's view? May be the interviewer was the one that forgave Babangida.

The greatest undoing in this debate for Buharists is that Buhari is dented beyond redemption hence no amount of media repackaging can suffice.

We are not here to play on words

The General (Buhari) however said he has forgiven Mr. Babangida, although the events remained unforgettable. He also wished President Shehu Shagari, who he had earlier toppled and detained too, will forgive him.

Like I said, you are not smart. You MUST quote the words of a person to be justified not giving me what one Journalist said.
Here is where he said he has forgiven Obasanjo
“No, I haven’t forgiven him,”
You observe that it was quoted from his own word, not some Journalist own word.

As for IBB, I didn't read where the General said he has forgiven IBB from that article so I won't take it serious. So also the shagari.

Ngwakwe, you are supposed to go learn comprehension and how to present an argument. Your stance is FLAWED and DEAD on ARRIVAL

7 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by brownlord: 12:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
2cato:

Stop giving banicansta too much work. He definitely can't provide answer to this.

Banicansta answer 2cato. What was the crime of prof. Ambrose forunsho alli, the only corrupt free politician I know.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by brownlord: 12:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
2cato:

You are not entirely right, I think he died at 60.
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by NgeneUkwenu(f): 1:01pm On Oct 22, 2014
Ngwakwe:

We are not here to play on words. This conversion was between two people and not crowd

I sense pains and frustrations in all your posts since you were summarily dismissed from politics section!

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by zimoni(f): 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
ovadoze:
The funny part is that the tribalist had Alex Ekwueme put in Kirikiri maximum prison while the then president who was Ekwueme's principal was put under house arrest, am yet to come to terms how the vice president was sent to jail while the major actor who was Shagari was just put under house arrest.

Sometimes it's so difficult for the fans of General Buhari to defend him. I'm a fan of Buhari but truth be told, Buhari really messed up in the past. I hope he's repented and changed for good.

Why would a sane being Jailed a Vice-President BUT gave President House Arrest?

2cato:

This is really bad of Buhari. Is it a crime to build a State University? If he was jailed because he was corrupt, what about Shagari?

General Buhari really effed in the past and I hope he's changed for good. We can't afford to make the same mistake twice.

Nevertheless, Jonathan and PDP must go.

Up APC.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by 2cato: 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

I sense pains and frustrations and confusiön in all barcanister posts since he join nairaland politics section!
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by 2cato: 1:09pm On Oct 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

I sense pains and frustrations and confusiön in all barcanister posts since he join nairaland politics section!
pathetic

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by maestroferddi: 1:16pm On Oct 22, 2014
barcanista:
Like I said, you are not smart. You MUST quote the words of a person to be justified not giving me what one Journalist said.
Here is where he said he has forgiven Obasanjo You observe that it was quoted from his own word, not some Journalist own word.

As for IBB, I didn't read where the General said he has forgiven IBB from that article so I won't take it serious. So also the shagari.

Ngwakwe, you are supposed to go learn comprehension and how to present an argument. Your stance is FLAWED and DEAD on ARRIVAL
I am afraid you are depicting yourself as not bright at all.

Which kind of anachronistic thinking would want to confute an interview account present in the public domain on account that it was not a reported speech?

The source of the interview was clearly stated. If Buhari had a contrary view, he could have issued a press statement putting the records straight or even sought a legal redress on same.

But he evidently acquiesced by his silence.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

I sense pains and frustrations in all your posts since you were summarily dismissed from politics section!
Typical of you to resort to insults when a debate is going on, what happened to responding intelligently.

7 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
@2cato and other saTANs

brownlord:

Stop giving banicansta too much work. He definitely can't provide answer to this.
Banicansta answer 2cato. What was the crime of prof. Ambrose forunsho alli, the only corrupt free politician I know.
Why Ambrose Ali was jailed...
Ambrose Ali Was Jailed
Alli became a victim for his inability to explain how the sum of N983, 000 was spent on a road contract. Alli's daughter, Mrs. Rosemary Zuberu blamed her father's death on the dehumanising treatment he received at the hands of the military.

Alli, a professor of morbid anatomy was governor of the defunct Bendel State between 1979 and 1983. He was sentenced to 100 years in prison by the special military tribunal set up by the Buhari-Idiagbon government for misappropriating a N983, 000 road project during his tenure. He was saved from the hangman's noose by the Esama of Benin, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion who paid the sum into the federal coffers to secure the professor's release from prison.
http://nigeriannewsworldonline..com/2009_11_08_archive.html

I had to read the statement of AMbrose Ali Son and I could extract this from him
Rather, he was found guilty of ‘corruptly enriching his political party’ – and, unlike what some think, he didn’t give state funds to the UPN. Rather, a campaign contribution was given to the UPN treasurer in Bendel State by a contractor to the Bendel State Government. Dad accepted that as UPN chairman in the state and the chief executive of the state he was responsible, even though he himself did not personally accept or disburse the money. Dad described the tribunal as a ‘Kangaroo Court,’ which is what it was. It is interesting to note that the chairman of the tribunal http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/10/edo-delta-regard-late-alli-as-hero/
According to Wikipedia
After the military government of Major-General Muhammadu Buhari took power, he was sentenced to 100 years in prison by a military tribunal for allegedly misappropriating N983,000 in funds for a road project. He was later freed when the Esama of Benin, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion, paid a fine to the government

From All Accounts, It was clear that Ali was convicted not because he corruptly enriched himself but was because of the N983,000 Road Project that he gave to his Party. Though he claimed that it was the contractor that gave the money to the PARTY through him.

cc: NgeneUkwenu Omenka egift obiagelli etal

4 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Ngwakwe: 1:21pm On Oct 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

On the contrary, let the truth be told, I rejoice daily for stepping aside from main Politics Section moderation. Thanks to APC Social Media staff/workers

Aisha2 was a moderator and never hid her preference for Buhari

Jarius was a Politics section moderator who dedicated and openly promoted Buhari beyond what anyone can imagine and no one stampeded on Seun to remove him.

Thank goodness, my freedom has afforded me the opportunity to express my indignation against any attempt on trying to repackage Buhari, the would-be Idi Amin, a despot and anti-democrat to free thinkers and gullible Nigerians and to persuasively inform Nigerians who care to understand that "Leopards can't change their spots" and so is Mohammadu Buhari

This man will change our judicial system, introduce the use of presidential fiats and turn us to cows, if his precedence rings bell.

Think again and vote wisely.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Mogidi: 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
zimoni:

Is it a crime to build a State University?

In Buhari's mind yes, no need for universities nor schools or colleges, that's the Taliban mind of his that many people loathe.

Check what his friends did in Afghanistan to educational establishments, burnt all schools, fvct it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by smartcount003(m): 1:25pm On Oct 22, 2014
menabadoo:
This will be the first time you are unable to answer a question pertaining buhari.

Chai Barcanista is finally losing it. grin cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Oct 22, 2014
barcanista:
Who is hiding my comment?
Ngwakwe I repeat, Give us a Quote where GMB apologised to Shagari or??
Is that why the vice president was sent to Kirikiri while the president was put under house arrest?, why was Fela jailed?, why was Sunnny Irabor jailed?, what do you know about decree 20? What of the 3 young men that were killed under some previously non existing laws?
Stop beating about the bush bro

5 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
ovadoze:

Is that why the vice president was sent to Kirikiri while the president was put under house arrest?, why was Fela jailed?, why was Sunnny Irabor jailed?, what do you know about decree 20? What of the 3 young men that were killed under some previously non existing laws?
Stop beating about the bush bro
You want to know what Ekweme was Jailed? in short I will create a thread and respond to this
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by smartcount003(m): 1:31pm On Oct 22, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Please you don't have to resort to this sort of deriding. Just stick to the points raised and answer the question. I'm watching...

3 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 22, 2014
barcanista:
You are pathetic. I have answered Your question on the metrorail now, you are going to Ajasin. Why not get yourself seome archives?

Your attempt to smear GMB shall be resisted
Its a waste of time answering this clowns

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 22, 2014
barcanista:
You want to know what Ekweme was Jailed? in short I will create a thread and respond to this
Am waiting....

1 Like

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by smartcount003(m): 1:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
Obiagelli:

Its a waste of time answering this clowns

Oh Madam have you also joined them (Ngene & Barcanista) from their recent cluelessness, for not being able to defend your Tin god Buhari? What's happening to you guys?!

6 Likes

Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 22, 2014
smartcount003:

Oh Madam have you also joined them (Ngene & Barcanista) from their recent cluelessness, for not being able to defend your Tin god Buhari? What's happening to you guys?!
Why should i waste my time? I am yet to see the Op response to barcanista's post
Re: Why Did Buhari Jail Lateef Jankande, Adekunle Ajasin And Ayo Ajewumi? by 2cato: 1:46pm On Oct 22, 2014
Barcanista trying to defend buhari is making you look like a clown that want people to see that the leopard is having no spot on his body.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Original Pictures Of Nnamdi Kanu In Hotel Girls / More Facts Emerge Following Sack Of DSS Boss By Osinbajo / APC Will Form Govt In Ogun Come May 29 – Osoba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.