Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,581 members, 7,885,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 09:24 AM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned (6786 Views)

Poll: Okonjo Iweala's resignation. Good or Bad?

She resigned to save her name: 38% (52 votes)
She was a victim of high politicking: 28% (39 votes)
She was just frustrated out: 29% (40 votes)
It's the anti Atiku phenomenon.: 3% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Okonjo Iweala Has Been Asked To Step Down / Okonjo-iweala Has Sleepless Nights Over Unemployment In Nigeria / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has 90 Million Naira Monthly Security Vote? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned by kimba(m): 9:00am On Aug 06, 2006
@eunisam

YES I LIKE THE RESIGNATION OF THAT WOMAN,
i just want her come come and contest for 2007 presidential race. she has every quolity to govern this country.she is a woman of respect.

She is too good to govern Nigeria.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned by Rubbermaid(f): 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2006
Nigerians - OBJ is screwing around with our success by playing ping-pong with Ngozi.
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala for president! God knows we need her. why?

1. In her time in office, she has increased our reserves by over 200%
2. She greatly improved the image of Nigeria to the world financial community.
3. She is passionate about Nigeria and wants to help turn things around.
4. She is highly regarded by the world (ex: Time Magazine: "Hero of the Year"wink, and has no incentive to tarnish her image by playing the corrupt or inept Nigerian politician.

When God shuts a window, he sometimes opens a door. I hope this is the case here, and that she decides (or agrees) to run for presidency of Nigeria.

God knows we need someone like her.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned by JayOJay(m): 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2006
She was the former minister of finance and in the resent past minister for foreign affairs. This is a woman that was with the world bank for twenty years and climbed to the level of the vice president of the world bank. A woman of substance that made it possible for Nigeria to be cleared of her external debt. The head of the Obansanjo economic reform team. All of a sudden less than two months in office of the foreign affair she resigned saying that she need to attend to her family, they need her! If you ask me I do not believe her for one second! Nigeria is at it again! Something funny is going on somewhere. Another maradonic game. If there is no plan of going into politics, then something seriously wrong is happening in that OBJ cabinet and good woman of substance preferred opting out than to be a party to what will mess up her name! shocked shocked

Viva Okonjo-Iweala!

What do you think?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned by OBJ3(m): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2006
Rubbermaid:

Nigerians - OBJ is screwing around with our success by playing ping-pong with Ngozi.

na ur papa wey dey screw with our success
i asked WHAT U GUYS HAVE DONE FOR NIGERIA, NONE GAVE A GOOD REPLY, IT IS JUST COMPLAINS THAT U ALL HAVE
IDIOTS angry

NONSENSE angry
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned by Eastcoast(f): 5:46pm On Aug 06, 2006
@jay-0-jay, i believe you know that it is much better to resign than to be FIRED. there were more than enough signs that showed that at any moment, they were going to drop the bomb.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned by Nutter(m): 9:15pm On Aug 06, 2006
@Rubbermaid,

Rubbermaid:

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala for president! God knows we need her. why?

1. In her time in office, she has increased our reserves by over 200%
2. She greatly improved the image of Nigeria to the world financial community.
3. She is passionate about Nigeria and wants to help turn things around.
4. She is highly regarded by the world (ex: Time Magazine: "Hero of the Year"wink, and has no incentive to tarnish her image by playing the corrupt or inept Nigerian politician.

When God shuts a window, he sometimes opens a door. I hope this is the case here, and that she decides (or agrees) to run for presidency of Nigeria.

God knows we need someone like her.

Just to add to your list:

5. As Foreign Affairs Minister she helped get Nigerians out of Lebanon!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned by mrmayor(m): 9:22pm On Aug 06, 2006
Nutter:

@Rubbermaid,
Just to add to your list:
5. As Foreign Affairs Minister she helped get Nigerians out of Lebanon!
I am so proud that she did that, getting Nigerian out of a war zone,who would have thought that Nigerian government care about Nigerians,its really sad that she is gone,but am happy she left with her dignity.
She is one of the Presidents that Nigeria never had.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned by Rubbermaid(f): 2:17am On Aug 07, 2006
O-B-J:

na your papa wey dey screw with our success
i asked WHAT U GUYS HAVE DONE FOR NIGERIA, NONE GAVE A GOOD REPLY, IT IS JUST COMPLAINS THAT U ALL HAVE
IDIOTS angry

NONSENSE angry
@O-B-J

Hey, Ignorant buffoon - and what have you done outside of resorting to insults as a coverup for your ignorance?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned by Nutter(m): 3:01am On Aug 07, 2006
mrmayor:

I am so proud that she did that, getting Nigerian out of a war zone,who would have thought that Nigerian government care about Nigerians,its really sad that she is gone,but am happy she left with her dignity.
She is one of the Presidents that Nigeria never had.

True talk, brother.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned by crito(m): 2:11am On Aug 08, 2006
its well expectd of her going by the politicking of the last 2-3 months. shocked cry kiss
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned by OBJ3(m): 12:24pm On Aug 08, 2006
Rubbermaid:

@O-B-J

Hey, Ignorant buffoon - and what have you done outside of resorting to insults as a coverup for your ignorance?

@rubberhousegirl,

heheheheheeeee, anyway, i have vowed not to be annoyed again. some people want to give me hypertension.

carry ur wahala and go

heheheheheeeeee.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned by Odeku(m): 9:50pm On Aug 09, 2006
CHI where una find this OBJ man self, that man is too funny,
Rubbermaid:

@O-B-J

na your papa wey dey screw with our success
?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned by otokx(m): 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2006
there are still thousands of nigerians in lebanon so what are you people talking about?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned by Odeku(m): 10:40pm On Aug 09, 2006
Intresting, there are lots of Nigeria stranded in foreign counties and i cant recollect any of my friends or people that I know ever getting any assistance form Nigerian embassy abroad. this people are fightting over a rich woman that doesn't even care about the job anymore.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Has Resigned by Jamzdo: 11:40am On Aug 11, 2006
Non of the above grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Today Is Babangida's Birthday: Say Something Nice To Him / 10 Quick Facts About The IBADAN CIRCULAR ROAD / Osinbajo To Inaugurate National Livestock Plan In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.