Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,300 members, 7,887,891 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:54 PM

Keshi: Nigeria Not A Serious Footballcountry - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi: Nigeria Not A Serious Footballcountry (602 Views)

An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi / Keshi Draws Vs Kano Pillars / Nigeria Not Producing Enough Good Players Anymore – Arsene Wenger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keshi: Nigeria Not A Serious Footballcountry by bruno419(m): 7:26pm On Oct 22, 2014
Former Super Eagles manager Stephen Keshi has
thrown a parting shot at Nigerian football, saying
the country should stop seeing itself as a
serious football nation because it was still
lagging behind in many vital areas needed to
attain such levels.
The former Togo and former Mali manager
noted, for instance, that but for his
intervention, the Akwa Ibom State governor was
planning to lay artificial grass on the newly built
world-class Uyo Stadium. That venue will host
the decisive clash of the Super Eagles with South
Africa next month.
“How
many
good
pitches do we have in this country? Keshi
queried. We say we are a football nation and we
don’t even have good training pitches for the
national team, or good field to play on. Instead,
there are artificial pitches everywhere, even the
new Stadium in Uyo.
It was when I heard from the governor that they
wanted to use artificial pitch that I had to shout
and tell him no way. That is how they used
natural grass pitch there. But why should I be
the one to say it? Where are the journalists?”
He said he was proud of his achievements during
his spell as Nigeria’s manager.
“People keep saying I drew a lot of matches. But
how many Nigerian coaches agreed to play
friendly matches all the time or to use home-
based players without fear? But people don’t
see that. Every time it’s Keshi this and Keshi
that. Then they say I always try to use the
President against them. President that I cannot
even see!”
He also said he was happy that the drama was
finally over, as was his family.
“I am not bitter. I’m just disappointed in some
of you,” he pointed out, referring to journalists.
“Now people can stop talking about Keshi.”

source: www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/keshi-nigeria-serious-football-country/
Re: Keshi: Nigeria Not A Serious Footballcountry by Adventurist(m): 7:33pm On Oct 22, 2014
He's not serious
Re: Keshi: Nigeria Not A Serious Footballcountry by bruno419(m): 7:34pm On Oct 22, 2014
Adventurist:
He's not serious
thats just his opinion
Re: Keshi: Nigeria Not A Serious Footballcountry by seankafor(m): 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2014
But most pitches in Europe has artificiall pitches
Re: Keshi: Nigeria Not A Serious Footballcountry by Nobody: 8:08pm On Oct 22, 2014
I sense grievance.
Re: Keshi: Nigeria Not A Serious Footballcountry by dhope: 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2014
it is natural dt a failure gives excuse for his bad performance. now he has shifted d blame to pitch. african nations seem to hav d same problem as most clubside here in naija are owned by state govt and he shudnt expect nff to build new grass pitch for a team dt always play at home once in bluemoon. he shud go and get a job in an african country dt has natural green grass eventhough am expecting more excuses frm him
Re: Keshi: Nigeria Not A Serious Footballcountry by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 22, 2014
[size=15pt]Keshi get lost!! Maybe it was the pitch that made your team collapse so wretchedly against France. Idiott!!!![/size]

1 Like

Re: Keshi: Nigeria Not A Serious Footballcountry by kokoA(m): 9:24pm On Oct 22, 2014
This man needs a job badly.. Where are those two countries begging for his signature naw?

(1) (Reply)

Why Keshi Must Not Be Retained / Arsenal Fans Boo Wenger At Train Station After Stoke Defeat / Angel Di Maria Beats Lionel Messi To Argentine Footballer Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.