Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,622 members, 7,878,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 07:02 AM

Gear Selector gets jammed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gear Selector gets jammed (854 Views)

Is It Possible To Change The Position Of A Car Gear Selector / Hand Brake Or Gear Park(p) Which Should Come First? / The Meaning Of O/D Botton On Automatic Gear Selector In Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gear Selector gets jammed by jukeblam(m): 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2014
For sometime now, the gear selector of my 2001crv A/T gets jammed while in park and takes a few tries, after pressing the brake, to get it into another gear. Somehow, it moves into gear and then everything is fine. Now, this happens both with and without the clicking of the brake switch, and happens at any time.

Also, the light indicator of the R gear and the reverse light now don't always come up when I shift into reverse.
After shifting to R, sometimes, I wiggle the selector to have the R light come on- both on the dash and on the taillights.

PTN:
I normally use the emergency brake before shifting into park.
The gear selector is the steering column type.
I changed the transmission fluid earlier on in the year using the honda DW-1. Did 2 complete fill, drive, drain, refill cycles to flush out previous fluid.
The car still reverses without the R light coming on; this I have done a few times as I had to JUST MOVE while making U- turns on two-lane roads- trust Lagosians to be impatient!

So, any help here?

Thanks.
Re: Gear Selector gets jammed by jukeblam(m): 11:00pm On Oct 23, 2014
Still need help here.
Re: Gear Selector gets jammed by lonelydora: 1:02am On Oct 24, 2014
Check your gear selector switch.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Camry 1998 Steering Pump / Is It Possible To Fix Cracked Glass / Delivered 2014 Ford Explorer. Order Your Car Through Autojosh.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.