Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,927 members, 7,872,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 06:06 AM

Kogi Stae Governor Is Not Dead His Just Ill.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Stae Governor Is Not Dead His Just Ill.. (1016 Views)

Alamieyeseigha's Wife Ill, Son Killed In Dubai / I'm Not Dead, Obuah Gej's Ex CSO - Pic / Lagos Stae Is Moving On:fashola Flags Off 2011 Tree Planting Campaign. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kogi Stae Governor Is Not Dead His Just Ill.. by generalbaseet: 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
The social media has been awash with statements about the governor’s health. Some
rumor peddlers have reported that Kogi State governor Idris Ichala Wada is in India
receiving treatment for mental illness.
The trend took a dismal dimension on Wednesday evening with claims that Wada is
dead.
However, according to recent reports, the governor is alive and he is not in India. A
source revealed that the governor is sick but it is not mental illness. The Governor of
Kogi State, Captain Idris Wada is alive.
Sources close to the governor have confirmed this morning that he is alive.
A source from the government house in Lokoja (name withheld) has confirmed that
the governor is actually sick but not the speculated mental illness. The source further
claimed that the governor is not receiving medical attention in an Indian hospital but
in a US hospital.
Efforts to reach more officials have proved abortive. Those who were reached
pleaded for anonymity.
Tongues have been wagging because it is believed that the governor has not returned
to the country since he traveled immediately after the Sallah celebration.
Moses Musa, a social commentator posted a comment on the face book page of
‘Latest Kogi News’ an online newspaper.
He said, “As at today he is the Governor of Kogi state, the people should be briefed
on his whereabouts and state of health, in the absence of that, the rumour mills will
take centre stage. Where are his information managers?
The comments by Kogi state citizens have been unpleasant since the governor took ill.
Abdulmannan Adaji from Kogi state said, “governor wada, I do not like you but I wish
u well and I advice you to change your ways.
Nuhu Alhassan Suleiman said, “This is another Yaradua scenario.”
Abubakar Rajab, a former PDP chieftain and now a member of the APC, lamented the
negative comments coming form Kogi citizens and advised the people not to wish Wada
bad no matter the differences.
He said, “Good news that the governor is alive. My people whatever our differences
may be, we should not wish our fellow human being bad. It is so disheartening to hear
the rumours people are carrying about concerning the health of the governor. I wish
him a speedy recovery.”
In a similar vein, Ocheja Christian a social commentator said, “I read with dismay the
contents of some posts and comments on Kogi online groups about the governor of our
dear state, it all boil down to the pains many feel about the governor, which on the
surface seemed okay - but deep down it is repugnant to rejoice over the misfortune
of others.
The governor like all mortals can’t be immune to sickness, it is normal for him to be
ill as we all do; it is disturbing to read some comments on this issue. I am an advocate
of service to our people and will support if we criticize the governor on his policies
with alarming regularity instead of going personal and wishing for constitutional crisis
for a state as our.
Re: Kogi Stae Governor Is Not Dead His Just Ill.. by sohl7(m): 5:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
Last time i checked,the governor rules the state from abuja.he only comes to the govt house twice a week or special occassions...wish him quick recovery anyway

2 Likes

Re: Kogi Stae Governor Is Not Dead His Just Ill.. by generalbaseet: 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
Abi o

(1) (Reply)

Aww...read What UK Telegraph Wrote About Governor Fashola / #team Jonathan GEJ. / B~R~E~A~K~I~N~G: Round 1 – Aregbesola’s Lawyer Demobilizes Omisore’s Legal Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.