Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,011 members, 7,880,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 01:22 PM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (60319 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (98) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 11:56pm On Nov 25, 2008
Akolawole:

(1.) JM brough Paoulo and we are very much ok with our right back. Our problem started with injuries immediately we sold the ONLY Utility player we have in Chelsea to Newcastle in Geremi.

(2.) #Duff was an important player in Ranieri years up to JM's first season. Injury is not his friend thereafter. Who want to keep a clamity? Remember Ranieri bought him for £17m. Go and ask Newcastle cry

# Robben! Go back and ask Mokoena cry

(1.) Paulo was only a 6/10 right back even at his best. . . . . Euro 2004 showed that we bought the wrong right back as Miguel absolutely superceded him in the fight for Portugal's right back slot. Geremi is an old man. He should go and rest jare. Our problem with right back started in February 2006 when we played Barcelona and Ronaldinho completely embarrassed Ferreira, to the point that Ferreira was begging for his shirt at half-time. Jose was so angry, he took him off at half-time and scolded him. Ferreira has not been the same since.

(2.) Robben and Duff of 2004 and 2005 are ten times better than what we have now. They have never been replaced.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 12:42am On Nov 26, 2008
Ibime:

No need to get carried away. The season is still young. Those who remember Mourinho's debut season will remember that we were 5 points behind Arsenal at Christmas.

[size=14pt]Liar 1[/size] grin

nateevs:

@Ibime.

Absolutely Bro! Tell them . . How many of us knew JM would win back to back trophies when we were 5pts behind Arsenal at christmas. . ? Now they are so fearful we won't win anything when we are on top before christmas. . .

[size=14pt]Liar No 2[/size] grin

Chelsea was the team on top with 5 clear points

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=153684&cc=5739

and

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=153688&league=ENG.1&cc=5739

and

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/duffs-class-sees-chelsea-crush-villa-rebellion-702222.html

Even Hindu newspaper confirm that:

http://www.hinduonnet.com/2004/12/28/stories/2004122803882000.htm

Just go and sleep for today grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 1:08am On Nov 26, 2008
Hehehehehe . . . . . even Hindu newspaper.  grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sorry, I meant to say Arsenal were 5 points clear in October, not December. Just a little confusion with the date.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/10/17/1097951562161.html

grin grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 12:51pm On Nov 26, 2008
Ibime:

Hehehehehe . . . . . even Hindu newspaper. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Sorry, I meant to say Arsenal were 5 points clear in October, not December. Just a little confusion with the date.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/10/17/1097951562161.html

grin grin grin grin

Ha Ha Ha

Where is Latifu now? grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 1:09pm On Nov 26, 2008
Drogba is up to his old tricks again.

[center]Luiz Felipe Scolari vexed by questions over Didier Drogba’s latest exit strategy[/center]

It may have taken four months, but to judge from his furrowed brow and tetchy tone yesterday, Luiz Felipe Scolari has finally discovered one problem managing Chelsea that became familiar to his recent predecessors: the restlessness of Didier Drogba.

In his own head at least, Drogba has left Chelsea more times than Ray Wilkins, a former player and now assistant manager at Stamford Bridge, only to return as soon as he regains consciousness, but the Ivory Coast striker’s latest attempt to engineer an exit was clumsy even by his standards.

As Chelsea prepared to fly to France on Monday evening to play Bordeaux in the Champions League tonight, Drogba is understood to have been considering fleeing elsewhere, as he dined in West London with Pierre Frelot, his agent, Marco Branca, the Inter Milan technical director, and Jorge Mendes, the Portuguese agent who represents José Mourinho. The Inter coach issued the woolliest of denials yesterday, but it is inconceivable that he was unaware of the meeting. Mourinho spoke at length of his desire to sign Drogba after taking over at the San Siro last summer, but a formal bid was never forthcoming.

“I don’t know if the meeting took place between my agent and Drogba,” Mourinho said. “All I know is that I was with Rui Faria and our families having dinner. I am not sure of Drogba’s future, but I know his history at Chelsea and the last time I read something in an English newspaper there was talk of him staying there.”

Chelsea’s response was intriguing and, for the first time this season, not entirely united, as Scolari reacted angrily to questioning while club officials remained perfectly calm. Chelsea would have happily sold Drogba last summer after he disgraced himself by being sent off in the Champions League final and after an undistinguished start to the season, they remain open to offers, although no movement is expected during the January transfer window.

The 30-year-old has been out with a knee injury for much of this campaign, has yet to score a goal in the Barclays Premier League or Champions League and is serving a three-match domestic ban for throwing a coin at Burnley supporters during a Carling Cup defeat. If the meeting was an attempt to secure an extension to a contract that has only 18 months to run, the tactics backfired. As well as antagonising the club further, the Chelsea board has made it clear that it will not even begin negotiations until next summer.

Scolari had been planning to recall Drogba to the starting line-up in place of Nicolas Anelka this evening, although he reconsidered his decision and plumped for the France forward. Drogba will not be fined for talking to another club behind his employer’s back, but Scolari was clearly annoyed at the timing of the meeting.

“I don’t sleep with Didier,” Scolari said. “Where he was last night, I don’t know. I’m not the policemen for my players. I don’t know if he had permission to talk to them. Ask Peter Kenyon or Roman. I am only the coach.”

Scolari’s unusual moodiness also stems from his concerns before a game that Chelsea must not lose if they are to stay in control of group A. They travel poorly on the Continent, despite their fine domestic away record, with their last win coming nearly a year ago against Rosenborg. In addition to the Drogba enigma, the Brazilian is dealing with other problems familiar to his predecessors: the dread that follows a disappointing result and the anxiety before a big match. The phenomenon of Abramovich counting his pennies as the economy plunges into recession, however, is an unexpected development.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article5233778.ece
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Ibime(m): 1:12pm On Nov 26, 2008
[center]Why the next crisis club could be Chelsea[/center]
[center]Martin Samuel [/center]
[center]The Times[/center]

The good thing with football is that if you miss one crisis there is going to be another along in a minute. Calamity at Newcastle United came early this season, but not to worry. Those who had booked late summer holidays could either catch the tail-end or move straight on to the chaos at Tottenham Hotspur, which is of the sort you can always rely upon, like a hardy perennial.

Obviously, in September and October, many of us had more pressing matters to contend with, such as clearing our desks, crossing the road to avoid the bank manager or hiding in the cupboard under the sink when those large gentlemen contracted to the building society came to call.

Not to worry. Tottenham may have picked up under Harry Redknapp, but divert your gaze a few miles along Seven Sisters Road, where there is cracking turmoil at Arsenal, complete with squabbling Frenchmen, fights in the dressing-room and a purse-lipped manager who looks as if his dignified façade is about to slip, producing one of those fantastic speeches in which he predicts that Arsenal will be domestic and European champions in six months only to lose at home to Wigan Athletic on December 6.

There are others in a holding pattern. Blackburn Rovers and Sunderland, certainly, and, looking at the December fixture list, quite probably West Ham United, despite a win at the weekend. These crises are easy to spot, however, occurring at the bottom of the table, where pretty much every club panic when faced with the prospect of relegation.

The road less travelled involves a crisis at the top; the very summit, in fact, where the wealthy and stable reside. Chelsea, for instance. For, were results to go against Luiz Felipe Scolari in the next five days, it would represent the greatest emergency the club have faced since that moment last season when Avram Grant lost a late goal, two points and, on the touchline, temporarily, his marbles against Wigan at Stamford Bridge.

This evening, Chelsea visit Bordeaux, where another away performance such as their last in Europe, against Roma, could mean they enter the final game in Champions League group A in third place of four. Sunday brings the visit of Arsenal, the last of Chelsea’s elite Barclays Premier League rivals to play at Stamford Bridge, Liverpool and Manchester United having departed with a win and a draw respectively. Failure to defeat Arsenal would leave Scolari still searching for his benchmark result, the one that would define his first six months in charge and mark out his squad as more than flat-track bullies, punishing the teams rendered inadequate by the size and breadth of Roman Abramovich’s investment, but falling short against Chelsea’s true rivals.

The high point for Scolari this season came on October 5 with the visit of Aston Villa, a match Chelsea won 2-0. Since then, Villa’s victory over Arsenal and a credible draw with Manchester United — to go with another draw against Liverpool in August — have established Martin O’Neill’s side as a genuine imposition on the top four. But on that afternoon Chelsea were a world apart. The scoreline flattered Villa in that, in addition to the goals, Chelsea had 11 near-misses or chances saved. Watching the performance it was hard to imagine that this was not the work of future champions and, sure enough, Chelsea won their next game 5-0 away to Middlesbrough.

Yet if the savage drubbings of inferiors have continued — five past Sunderland, three past Hull City and West Bromwich Albion — the win against Villa represents the last time Chelsea were convincing against a team with potency. The home win against Roma was mediocre and overridden by a damaging, heavier defeat in the away leg, and Liverpool’s win at Stamford Bridge put paid to any fantasies that Chelsea would be able to turn the title race into a procession. The Carling Cup exit against Burnley was a fluke, but Chelsea were still stumbling on Saturday when they drew at home against Newcastle and failed to relinquish first position only because Liverpool proved equally ineffective against Fulham.

Yet the most peculiar thing about this crisis is that it may not become one at all. It could equally swing all the way to triumph. Defeat Bordeaux at Stade Chaban Delmas and Chelsea are through to the Champions League knockout stages with one match to spare. Win against Arsenal and they will be three points clear at the head of the Barclays Premier League, with Liverpool to play West Ham on Monday. Scolari would have bought that proposition on the day the season began and so would Abramovich, certainly with Didier Drogba having missed most of the season and a series of injuries to key players in midfield and central defence.

Usually, when a club are perceived to be teetering on the brink, the alternatives are to fall backwards into the abyss or forwards into a scrambling safety. Chelsea’s choices are unique in their extremity. By Sunday night, Scolari could be said to have performed very well, considering this is his first job in European club management, or to be walking a tightrope, considering the demands of the job. We know what would have been said of Grant, for instance, had he failed to beat every good team he played in the league or had been left vulnerable in the final round of Champions League group games.

Chelsea should be comfortable in Europe. Bordeaux were outplayed at Stamford Bridge, losing 4-0. Even so, anything less than victory this evening and Chelsea will have to win against CFR Cluj, the Romanian champions, in the final game to be guaranteed progress. Cluj should have nothing to play for beyond pride by then, but there would be an awful lot of that in being the mouse that roared at Stamford Bridge.

The mathematical permutations in group A are complex, but suffice to say there is a possibility for three teams to finish with ten points, for Chelsea to lose in Bordeaux but still win the group, or to draw in Bordeaux and end up third. Were Roma to win the group, while Chelsea and Bordeaux tied for second place, it is almost certain that Chelsea would go through. Were Bordeaux to win the group and Chelsea finish tied on points with Roma, they would go out. Cut short, group A is a minefield best circumvented by winning in France.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/martin_samuel/article5233360.ece
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Akolawole(m): 3:26pm On Nov 26, 2008
@Ibime

What is the essence of these 2 links?

I can understand Drogba's one grin, what of the other one?

I mean Martin Samuel's one.

Where is Nateeves? Is he coming for the Match review?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by mystikal(m): 4:08pm On Nov 26, 2008
the "martins Samuel" article made no sense.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by cabali(m): 5:35pm On Nov 26, 2008
i agree!!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Mustay(m): 6:51pm On Nov 26, 2008
Sometimes these articles too dey exaggerate. At least I saw LFS' reaction to the Drogba question and it hasn't really been different from his previous responses. Moreover JM categorically stated that Drogba remained, remains and will continue to remain part of CHELSEA's plans.

Raul became all time leading scorer in the UCL. It's quite funny sheva is in the top 5 despite dismal seasons at stamford!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 8:06pm On Nov 26, 2008
Mustay:

Raul became all time leading scorer in the UCL. It's quite funny sheva is in the top 5 despite dismal seasons at stamford!
Raul is my all time favorite, very cool headed.
Sheva, he was banging in goals from his previous stint with Milan.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:39pm On Nov 26, 2008
Akolawole:

[size=14pt]Liar 1[/size] grin

[size=14pt]Liar No 2[/size] grin

Chelsea was the team on top with 5 clear points

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=153684&cc=5739

and

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=153688&league=ENG.1&cc=5739

and

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/duffs-class-sees-chelsea-crush-villa-rebellion-702222.html

Even Hindu newspaper confirm that:

http://www.hinduonnet.com/2004/12/28/stories/2004122803882000.htm

Just go and sleep for today grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ooops! Actually I do not think I bothered to confirm that b4 I said it. . . I can't remember from the top of my head!
Ibime you see wetin you do. . you don let them call me liar! grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:44pm On Nov 26, 2008
Matchday Live. .

Team Line up . . .

------------------------------Cech----------------------------

Bossy---------Ivanovic----------Terry---------------Cole

--------------------------Mikel-------------------------------

----Ballack----- ---------Lampard-------

Cole-----------------Anelka------------------------Malouda

It's Chelsea's nite. . . Watch my boys destroy these pretenders. . . kick off!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:45pm On Nov 26, 2008
What is this rubbish hair cut on Malouda?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Cristalz(f): 8:49pm On Nov 26, 2008
Cech and the ref are wearing the same thing grin

At first I wondered what Cech was doing in the middle of the pitch.  .  .
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 8:50pm On Nov 26, 2008
nateevs:

Ooops! Actually I do not think I bothered to confirm that before I said it. . . I can't remember from the top of my head!
Ibime you see wetin you do. . you don let them call me liar!  grin grin grin

It's about time y'all stop this Scolari fans versus Mourinho fans shiznit.
I never liked Jose Mourinho but one cannot but give him his dues.
He was CONSISTENT.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:51pm On Nov 26, 2008
Cristalz:

At first I wondered what Cech was doing in the middle of the pitch. . .

That was hilarious!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:55pm On Nov 26, 2008
Common Boyz!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Cristalz(f): 8:55pm On Nov 26, 2008
Lol grin

Pressure on Chelsea.  .  .first that lovely shot at goal, now this free kick.

Stupidly taken.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 8:56pm On Nov 26, 2008
nateevs:

Common Boyz!

Ya boyz are playing rubbish. . . . . .They can't even string passes together.
Whatz Bosingwa doing??
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by FBS: 8:57pm On Nov 26, 2008
Cristalz:

At first I wondered what Cech was doing in the middle of the pitch.  .  .
spot on grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 8:59pm On Nov 26, 2008
Bordeaux are at home and naturally will want to show some stuff. . . they will cool down soon! and ma boys will show them who runs things
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Cristalz(f): 9:01pm On Nov 26, 2008
These Bordeaux guys are relying a lot on their physical strength.  .  .Drogba's specialty.

Soon they'll give away the free kick that'll cost them. They are quite controlled when in possession tho.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Cristalz(f): 9:05pm On Nov 26, 2008
Watch it Chelsea. . .second warning shot. Caught y'allz rear guard napping.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2008
Malouda is on drugs. . . What the $&% happened there?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2008
nateevs:

Bordeaux are at home and naturally will want to show some stuff. . . they will cool down soon! and ma boys will show them who runs things

Must u guys FIGHT in every game??
Buncha touts. . . . .Stop shaming the Premiership.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Cristalz(f): 9:06pm On Nov 26, 2008
Fight grin

Give the cards to match the jerseys ref grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 9:07pm On Nov 26, 2008
The ref had to card? . . Common!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by nateevs(m): 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2008
What did y'all do for the prem yesterday? Chac!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Cristalz(f): 9:09pm On Nov 26, 2008
nateevs:

The ref had to card? . . Common!

Perhaps he just wants to issue a strong warning that he won't hesitate to show 'em cards.   .   .especially Terry. Hez a great defender,but sometimes he gets too aggressive in his defending.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Sauron1: 9:11pm On Nov 26, 2008
nateevs:

What did y'all do for the prem yesterday? Chac!

We have not LOST yet in Europe!!!

What a save from Cech. . . . . . .Bordeaux is carvingt y'all defence like Christmas turkey!!!
Look at the way the guy 360'd Mikel Obi?? Jeeezuz. grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here by Cristalz(f): 9:12pm On Nov 26, 2008
Caught napping a third time.  .  .

And another yellow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (98)

Everton Vs Chelsea (3 - 1) On 12th September 2015 / Manchester United Vs Tottenham Hotspur (1 - 6) On 4th October 2020 / Real Madrid vs Chelsea UCL (1 - 1) On 27th April 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.