Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,381 members, 7,881,370 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:57 PM

Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? (1154 Views)

Can A Saved Person Lose His Salvation? / If Satan Goes To God For Forgiveness Do U Think God Wil Forgive Him? / What Shall It Profit A Man To Gain The Whole World And Lose His Soul (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by tosyne2much(m): 12:04am On Oct 26, 2014
I have been pondering over this and I felt I have to let it out. I'm just that type of person that strongly believes God Himself is a very wise man who believes He will lose His value if everybody becomes rich and everything comes in abundance as far as this earth is concerned

Aside salvation, I have come into conclusion that majority of people who serve the Lord serve Him for the benefits of it and the special blessings attached to serving Him. More often than not, you see people who are desperate serving God in times of hardship, hard labour, poverty and joblessness drastically drift away especially when everything becomes rossi.

Don't get me wrong cos I'm not saying they would start going to the house of an herbalist , I only meant their desperation for serving God and attending regular church service will reduce in a sort

Let's be practical here and this is not a time to quote Bible verse

Do you agree that God will lose His value if everybody becomes rich ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by Kylekent59: 12:08am On Oct 26, 2014
No because, gold ,silver and wealth is his and his forever.remember God can make a rich man loose everything he has within a seconds.
Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by naijaboiy: 12:10am On Oct 26, 2014
nice one Op...this should be in religion though.

Coming back with my post cool
Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by bossminded: 12:30am On Oct 26, 2014
No he wuldnt...as a mata of fact he wants all of us to be rich.. bible says Jesus was made poor so dt we culd be rich.... and mind u, d kind of poverty here is a new dimensional kind of poverty, cos Jesus has an accountant, he was able to wear already made dress, he fly first class... and God saw dt as poverty,
So imagin d kind of wealth wen baba b plan for us.
Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by Nobody: 1:00am On Oct 26, 2014
I don't think it will besides Jesus died for us to be rich
Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by Nobody: 1:02am On Oct 26, 2014
Oak
Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by kilokeys(m): 1:44am On Oct 26, 2014
solomon was rich.
sheiks are rich..
there is this void in man that only the thought of a supreme being can feel
theism ( believing in a God)
atheism ( arguing the non existence of a God)

besides define d word "rich"... nobody ever has enough.
man is insatiable... a dollar short from a 100 billion dollar is 99billion,999million,999thousand,999dollar

every man is searching for that extra dollar
when we become d richest in the family, we wanna be d richest in the community, then state, then country, then the world..
bill gates and some big boys r thinking of harvesting asteroids from space for their economic value.

after having 1000 likes on this post, 1001 wouldnt be a bad idea bro wink
Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by braine(m): 2:36am On Oct 26, 2014
The world won't be balanced if everyone is rich. Some rich people have the same religious mentality of the poor, so technically, God would still have value.
Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by adepiero: 6:45am On Oct 26, 2014
tosyne2much:
I have been pondering over this and I felt I have to let it out. I'm just that type of person that strongly believes God Himself is a very wise man who believes He will lose His value if everybody becomes rich and everything comes in abundance as far as this earth is concerned

@ --> bolded, these thoughts and question should never have crossed your mind!

First, God is not a man! its wrong to liken a creator with his creation!

Second, God! according to Christians, they say he is unchangeable! and according to Muslims, he is "All Wahhab" meaning the (all giver). Even if he decided to give everyone wealth in equal amount, he can never lose his value! so rating God is an understatement and also a sin. so OP! kneel down and do the needful angry

Regardless of one being a believer or an atheist, if you are destined to be rich! you will even if you don't say a single prayer and if one is destined to be poor, they will even if they sleep and wake in prayer. So seeking salvation in times of hardship changes little or nothing except God wants to prove a point in your life.

Even in this present day, some people give less or no credence to God for his love, protection and care over them. so even if we were all equal, that wouldn't change except God wants it otherwise. though he gave us the free will to decide on our own but there will still be other things lacking aside wealth that will make you call on God each time.

So bro, abeg clear your head about matters of the supreme being and focus on prayer and worship.
Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:09am On Oct 26, 2014
Hell no!

It doesn't change him one bit.
He is actually the person that provided all this wealth, so its his anyway.

The funniest thing is that the earthly riches or wealth is small compared to heavenly wealth or riches.

Its due to this kind of question that Jesus told his disciple that it would be harder for a rich man to enter heaven that for a camel to pass through a needle hole.

Happy Sunday!
Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by tosyne2much(m): 8:31am On Oct 26, 2014
LogoDwhiz,

it changes something my broda.. If it won't change anytn, then why do people hold tightly onto God and remember Him in times of hardship ?

Let me tell you, that we have to strive and suffer on earth b4 we get our daily needs is the best thing dat can happen on earth, if not people will no value God the way it ought to be if everybody have to live in luxury and wealth
Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:41am On Oct 26, 2014
tosyne2much:
LogoDwhiz,

it changes something my broda.. If it won't change anytn, then why do people hold tightly onto God and remember Him in times of hardship ?

Let me tell you, that we have to strive and suffer on earth b4 we get our daily needs is the best thing dat can happen on earth, if not people will no value God the way it ought to be if everybody have to live in luxury and wealth

One thing u don't seem to understand is that, either you're rich or poor it doesnt't change him as long as you are a child of God, u serve him, obey his commandments and preach the gospel.

The only i notice that when people get rich, they don't serve God as much as they do when they were poor.
This is the closest point that could corroborate your assertion about God.
Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by tosyne2much(m): 8:43am On Oct 26, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

One thing u don't seem to understand is that, either you're rich or poor it doesnt't change him as long as you are a child of God, u serve him, obey his commandments and preach the gospel.

The only i notice that when people get rich, they don't serve God as much as they do when they were poor.
This is the closest point that could corroborate your assertion about God.
this is what we are both talking about.
Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:50am On Oct 26, 2014
tosyne2much:
this is what we are both talking about.

Ohh. Sorry bro!

Now i get your point.

Well, if everyone is rich, they might not have regard for God who provided it for them.

So yes, you're right!
Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by joseph1832(m): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2014
In Nigeria, there's a big possibility because majority of people who call on God do so because they seek success (money) in whatever they're doing.

But reality check: everybody can not become rich! If everybody is rich then its total collapse of the polity.

Check U.S and England for example, not eveybody is rich, there are still poor people there, but they poor have access to the basic things of life, which are readily cheap. All the more reason why you see that on weekends in England, almost everyone goes to the stadium to watch football.

Give Nigeria an economy as strong as England and you'll see that the 'God' factor is erased and relegated to the background.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by Genea(f): 9:27am On Oct 26, 2014
tosyne2much:

Aside salvation, I have come into conclusion that majority of people who serve the Lord serve Him for the benefits of it and the special blessings attached to serving Him. More often than not, you see people who are desperate serving God in times of hardship, hard labour, poverty and joblessness drastically drift away especially when everything becomes rossi.

Don't get me wrong cos I'm not saying they would start going to the house of an herbalist , I only meant their desperation for serving God and attending regular church service will reduce in a sort

Let's be practical here and this is not a time to quote Bible verse

its 99 percent possible
Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by tosyne2much(m): 10:16am On Oct 26, 2014
joseph1832:
In Nigeria, there's a big possibility because majority of people who call on God do so because they seek success (money) in whatever they're doing.

But reality check: everybody can not become rich! If everybody is rich then its total collapse of the polity.

Check U.S and England for example, not eveybody is rich, there are still poor people there, but they poor have access to the basic things of life, which are readily cheap. All the more reason why you see that on weekends in England, almost everyone goes to the stadium to watch football.

Give Nigeria an economy as strong as England and you'll see that the 'God' factor is erased and relegated to the background.
ooooh my God.. You are a man of wisdom.. The bolded is da bomb
Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by joseph1832(m): 10:38am On Oct 26, 2014
tosyne2much:
ooooh my God.. You are a man of wisdom.. The bolded is da bomb
Wisdom is only for God!. I am a mere mortal!.
Re: Do You Think God Will Lose His Value If Everybody Becomes Rich ? by asalimpo(m): 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
He just won't giv his children wat wud destroy them. A billionaire wudnt give his 6 year old a million dollars cuz that baby will spend it on toys and toffees - he cud literally kill himself.
An adolescent may blow it on cars,pro.stitutes,video games,drugs,gadgets,wild parties etc
So
some christians aint just qualified to handle big money.
And flattering God aint gonna work,cuz He looks at the heart.

(1) (Reply)

Genesis 3:16 / Divine Power In Political Leadership And Prophecies Part 1 / The Spiritual Cloth That Will Make God Bow For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.