Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,864 members, 7,872,868 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 12:59 AM

Can I Survive This Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Survive This Marriage (6107 Views)

Check Out This Marriage Picture. / Help! How Much Will This Marriage List Cost? / Twice Unfaithful And Lazy Husband: Should I End This Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 8:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
the marriage is brand new, infact its less than 48 hrs, the problem is that she as started complaining about some of my friends and that she don't want them around anymore. some of these people hv known all my life. we used to visit them together n I tot she liked them but it's clear now that she was pretending my fear now is only God knows what else she has in stock. to even watch Chelsea match today na with fight. I need advise on how to deal with this situation.
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
eskober:
the marriage is brand new, infancy its less than 48 hrs, the problem is that she as started complaining about some of my friends and that she don't want them around anymore. some of these people hv known all my life. we used to visit them together n I tot u liked them but it's clear now that she was pretending my fear now is only God knows what else she has in stock. to even watch Chelsea match today and with fight. I need advise on how to deal with this situation.

Ah!. Na wa ooo.
I don't blame your wife but I would blame you for bringing a marital issue that is less that 50 hours after marriage to a public forum.
I can easily conjecture that you are not totally fit to handle a woman and run a home.
Your wife was wrong to bring it up so early but I suppose she didn't like certain things about them right from time and she probably believes they pose a threat to this marriage.

She should have been wise enough to take it slow on you. Things like this requires wisdom but baba you don marry and your life and happiness and growth and success as the case maybe depends on this marriage (your wife).

You are a man so with time you will know how to come around your friends but for now enjoy your marriage and listen to your wife.

Thank God it's your friends she is concerned about. No wife would be against good friends though.

13 Likes

Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by lomaxx: 9:04pm On Oct 26, 2014
He needs advise barely 48 hours into his marriage.

Oh my my...

I think this is what people call "one chance". cheesy cheesy

12 Likes

Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by braine(m): 9:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
This is one of the things I fear most in ladies; hiding their true self! Well, you didn't drill/research well about her. But now that you have tied the knot, bro, I really dunno what to tell you to do, you have to make her happy sha. Only God knows what she'd ban next. Lol. Just be prayerful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
braine:
This is one of the things I fear most in ladies; hiding their true self! Well, you didn't drill/research well about her. But now that you have tied the knot, bro, I really dunno what to tell you to do. Only God knows what she'd ban next. Lol. Just be prayerful.

I respect your opinion but I was baffled when you mentioned prayer.
I believe in Gods grace but sometimes I believe God has given us brains for certain reasons.
If he wanted us to always pray then he shouldn't have given us problem solving skills, reasoning and logic.
Sometimes we just need to add one and two together to get the best out of life and not prayers.
You made it seem like a spiritual problem.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by braine(m): 9:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
NairaMode:

I believe in Gods grace but sometimes I believe God has given us brains for certain reasons.
If he wanted us to always pray then he shouldn't have given us problem solving skills, reasoning and logic.
Sometimes we just need to add one and two together to get the best out of life and not prayers.

grin... A situation needn't be a spiritual problem before God be called in. Especially in cases where someone can't wrap the head around an issue and prayer for wisdom - like you proposed- is required.

This issue may sound simple to you, but its really a complex one.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 9:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
braine:

grin... A situation needn't be a spiritual problem before God be called in. Especially in cases where someone can't wrap the head around an issue and prayer for wisdom - like you proposed- is required.

This issue may sound simple to you, but its really a complex one.

I will like to agree with you.
You justified your advice succinctly.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by braine(m): 9:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
NairaMode:

I will like to agree with you.
You justified your advice succinctly.

Thank you. wink
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
NairaMode:

Ah!. Na wa ooo.
I don't blame your wife but I would blame you for bringing a marital issue that is less that 50 hours after marriage to a public forum.
I can easily conjecture that you are not totally fit to handle a woman and run a home.
Your wife was wrong to bring it up so early but I suppose she didn't like certain things about them right from time and she probably believes they pose a threat to this marriage.

She should have been wise enough to take it slow on you. Things like this requires wisdom but baba you don marry and your life and happiness and growth and success as the case maybe depends on this marriage (your wife).

You are a man so with time you will know how to come around your friends but for now enjoy your marriage and listen to your wife.

Thank God it's your friends she is concerned about. No wife would be against good friends though.
my problem is the fact that wen we were dating she was so close to some of them. I just don't want surprises
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
lomaxx:
He needs advise barely 48 hours into his marriage.

Oh my my...

I think this is what people call "one chance". cheesy cheesy
my brother I hope it's not o
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2014
eskober:
my problem is the fact that wen we were dating she was so close to some of them. I just don't want surprises

Handle whatever comes.
God will give to the grace.
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2014
eskober:

Handle whatever comes.
God will give to you the grace.
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by walanter(m): 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2014
befor u marry her u for bring d isue com naria land ..lol ...nw as tinz strt to change u change follow ..no nid for d break up ...wit tim both u 2 .go com to ur sences....
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by pastoraaaaaa: 9:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
My guy. .open your eyes. .. Your wife loves you.. That's why she don't need your friends around you. ..not to spoil her marriage and secondly not to spend your time watching football. .but spend it with her at home

Guys check this topic out

[size=18pt]Lady publicly Stripped and Disgraced for being almost Nake.d on street[/size]

[url=.com/2014/10/lady-publicly-stripped-and-disgraced-for-being-almost-nake-d-on-street/]Watch the video...HERE[/url]
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hmmm.. wat a disgrace 2 manhood
Dats d problem u face when u marry an immatured man.. wat an era
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 26, 2014
Candis009:
so to hv friends is immature, to watch match is immature? well that is ur own opinion. thank you
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2014
pastoraaaaaa:
My guy. .open your eyes. .. Your wife loves you.. That's why she don't need your friends around you. ..not to spoil her marriage and secondly not to spend your time watching football. .but spend it with her at home

Guys check this topic out

[size=18pt]Lady publicly Stripped and Disgraced for being almost Nake.d on street[/size]

[url=.com/2014/10/lady-publicly-stripped-and-disgraced-for-being-almost-nake-d-on-street/]Watch the video...HERE[/url]
I can't sacrifice football for anybody o expecially went Chelsea is playing. up blues!!!
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Emmysteve(m): 9:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
And who is that bastarddd spambot that banned me since yesterday without provocation? Can't make any post till now. Arrant nonsense
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2014
walanter:
befor u marry her u for bring d isue com naria land ..lol ...nw as tinz strt to change u change follow ..no nid for d break up ...wit tim both u 2 .go com to ur sences....
I never said anything abt brake up, I only ask for advise on Hw to deal wit the issue. pls learn to read well before u comment thanks

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Emmysteve(m): 9:57pm On Oct 26, 2014
eskober:
so to hv friends is immature, to watch match is immature? well that is ur own opinion. thank you
May be she needs your attention not that she hate ur friends.
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Tymax(m): 10:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
Candis009:
The lady is immature for thinking she can weed out the same guys that helped shape the man whom she fell in love with and married. Take away those friends and he won't be the same guy. She will be dealing with a stranger.

My friends have influenced me as much as I have them. It is a mature man that doesn't run into the arms of his wife alienating his good friends.

What next will she do? Separate him from his family? Talk about insecure ladies!

6 Likes

Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
braine:
This is one of the things I fear most in ladies; hiding their true self! Well, you didn't drill/research well about her. But now that you have tied the knot, bro, I really dunno what to tell you to do, you have to make her happy sha. Only God knows what she'd ban next. Lol. Just be prayerful.

Its not about researching well , they're are people that no matter what you can never know their real self.

Op what were her reasons ?

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Biralee(m): 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2014
This is my opinion. I guess she b*nged one of your friends and she does not want them around to prevent stories that touch.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by jsunex(m): 10:56pm On Oct 26, 2014
Candis009:

Wat do u mean, he only asked for an advise, u women are so dangerous...

2 Likes

Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by jsunex(m): 11:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
My advise, jus kip cool, u are d man of d ous, jus let her know ur friends has bn wit u even b4 u get married without a complaint frm her..., bro i tell gone are those days marriage is for better for worse, if u dnt have peace of mind in a marriage is better u quit.. else u shorten ur lif.
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 11:10pm On Oct 26, 2014
You will sir.
You have only started.
Whoever said marriage was easy is a liar.
Many more grave challenges to come.
Brace yourself.
The fun times are over.
This is the real institution and I say a lovely welcome to you.
This too shall pass.
Enjoy every bit of your marriage, don't expect an angel in the house and don't let everything get to you.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
eskober:
the marriage is brand new, infact its less than 48 hrs, the problem is that she as started complaining about some of my friends and that she don't want them around anymore. some of these people hv known all my life. we used to visit them together n I tot she liked them but it's clear now that she was pretending my fear now is only God knows what else she has in stock. to even watch Chelsea match today na with fight. I need advise on how to deal with this situation.
yes moda phucker u can because.
Jkcjokxuoo oohcyiu ooofdyo

And.
Iidukvuok. Ugfu iiokbd iokbb
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by samtol4(m): 6:39am On Oct 27, 2014
eskober:
I can't sacrifice football for anybody o expecially went Chelsea is playing. up blues!!!
wonderful! Marriage is all about sacrifice ....it seems you didn't attend marriage classes/counseling .She needs your attention barely a week after marriage you said "I can't sacrifice football for anybody" Your wife is not anybody That is a sign of immaturity and seems you don't know what you have enter .she is not against your friends but seems you don't understand that when you marry sacrifice is inevitable some things are to b sacrifice inorder to make your home happy.I won't b suprise that your friends will keep coming and you will command her to serve them food always .Marriage is not same with bf and gf stuff! Wake up

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 27, 2014
NairaMode:

Hmmn, and to think when a man misbehaves, the first advice you are given is to pray for the man. ok o.
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 27, 2014
honey86:

Hmmn, and to think when a man misbehaves, the first advice you are given is to pray for the man. ok o.

I am not in the league of those who are apt to mention prayers as solutions to mans challenges except of course it is beyond humans ability to solve it.
For example, not getting a job for 7 years. You get?
Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by egopersonified(f): 10:07am On Oct 27, 2014
Draw near to me and I will draw near to you. You better hold your marriage strong now before we hear stories that touch the heart becos these are not issues at all. By the way, are you not supposed to be honeymooning, wetin consign football join honeymoon? And those your friends I even suspect them, dont the married ones have girlfriends? Dont you guys go on drinking spree? She never pretended to like them, she does like them, just some traits she wants you to avoid, hence her stance against them. Not saying you should disown your friends but try to tap into the positives only. And this football issue is a life battle so better sort what works for you both at this early stage for you to enjoy your marriage.

1 Like

Re: Can I Survive This Marriage by ELLYsian: 10:11am On Oct 27, 2014
Don't allow your wife to tell you how to go about your friends. Today it is about your friends, tomorrow about your family. Tell her you are not her child.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Marry From Your Tribe: You Will Be Saved From Lots Of Headache / He insulted me / Kind of Husband or Wife You Aspire to Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.