Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,235 members, 7,974,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 04:56 PM

Charges For Banner Adverts On Sites - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Charges For Banner Adverts On Sites (794 Views)

Webmasters: How Much Do Your Bank Charges For USD Transection? / How Can I Post Adverts On My Blog? (.com) / [Warning]Post Adverts On This Board & Get Banned[/Warning] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Charges For Banner Adverts On Sites by bug24(m): 1:26pm On Nov 17, 2008
Folks,
Please can somone help me with an idea of how much (in Naira) can be charged a client who wishes to put his or her banner on my site? (This is not adsense please).
I want to know if the charges will be done depending on the size of the banner or something ?

Posts and ideas please.
Re: Charges For Banner Adverts On Sites by yawatide(f): 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2008
You could charge as low as I have, where I charge, for a 160x600/728x90 ad at the rate of $100 per year (the sites in question don't get that much traffic) or you could charge as high as this online paper does:

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/online-advert-rates.htm

It's really your call. Good luck!
Re: Charges For Banner Adverts On Sites by syvanet(m): 9:42pm On Nov 18, 2008
charging for banner ads depends on which methods/forms you intend raging in money via your banner ad for instance it can be pay per click/impression N5 per click N1 - N5 per impression which i think it is okay if your website do generate a lot of traffic and clickthrough you will be able to make a lot of money within a very short period of time and your client be be happy as well if you are faithful i mean not dubious or use fradulent means in generating clicks but you can as well charge straight fee of N1000/month for 250 x 250 N1500 for 120 x 600 good luck
Re: Charges For Banner Adverts On Sites by Nobody: 6:47am On Nov 19, 2008
yawa-ti-de:

or you could charge as high as this online paper does:

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/online-advert-rates.htm

It's really your call. Good luck!

Wow. That is extremely high. I wonder how many banners get sold. You can't get greedy with this stuff or you will end up selling nothing. For small to medium sites I will say $100 to $500 a month. For big sites up to about $850 a month. Of course at the end of the day it comes own to what the market will pay. If no one is banging on your doors, it is probably best to start at the lower end than the high end. Something after all is better than nothing.

@yawa-ti-de what do you think of the rates charged by sun news online?
Re: Charges For Banner Adverts On Sites by bug24(m): 7:04am On Nov 19, 2008
468x60 at 324k?
meen!!! i think the sunonline rates are pretty much.

thanks guyz, more commente will be appreciated.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Start A Blog/website? / Can You Develop Good Site,them You Are The One Looking For? / Oracle And Ccna Latest Dumps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.