Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,888 members, 7,872,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:17 AM

Nigeria Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Politics (382 Views)

Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos / Before I Join Nigeria Politics As A Lady: Please Advice / Godfatherism In Nigeria's Politics. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Politics by castancassy2(m): 12:04pm On Oct 27, 2014
Their is a country in Africa, the giant of Africa name Nigeria. This country witnessed political tumult aided by military coup at different stages which distabilized the country.
The present day political system of Nigeria is inflicted with various problems that later culminates into political unrest.
According to vanguard newspaper on march 22 2013 at 12.12am, Democracy returned to Nigeria after the death of the miltary dictator called General Sani Abacha. Democracy returned to Nigeria by the year 1999. The parties after the Nigeria independence in 1960 were the Northern people's congress (NPC) led by Sir Ahmadu Bello, the NCNC led by Dr Azikiwe. and the Action Group(AG) led by chief Obafemi Awolowo.All this parties derived their poolitical strenght from their regional bases of the Northern, Eastern and Western regions of the country.
Nigeria has a multi party system with 2 stronger parties. We have over 60 parties in Nigeria.
As the 2015 General election is approaching.i want our politicians to always have in mind that one day they will account for their leadership or their children will account for it. i have notice cross carpeting of party members. Since we are emulating the whites in democracy, why don't we emulate them in the areaa of politics. It will be difficult to see a Democrat defect to Republican party. In nigeria, we defect as eaasily as the hand goes into the mounth and comes out.
I have also notice party calling another party names without evidence. Remember democracy is a government " of the people" by the people,and for the people as defined by Abraham Lincoln. We didn't vote for u to represent your parties but to represent we the masses.
It is time Nigerians become civilize in the aspect of politics. I will love to see love among politicians as 2015 aproaches. I want us to vote in reputable men and women and not voting because of party or religion. If we keep doing dis way, wat story do we tell our future generations to come.
I want to see a day that the president will come from labour party, The senate president from PDP, Speaker of the house from APC. A day Apga will be rulling some states in the North, PDP in the south and APC in the East and they will rule with one goal which is to serve the masses and develop our country and not their parties.
I pray for Nigeria everyday and i belive God will answer me one day.
Long live federal republic of Nigeria
Long live the president and the politicians.
Writter
Nwaejike Obinna V.
7FFFDAE4.
nwaejikevic@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

2015 Elections: Germany, France Urge INEC To Defend Nigeria, Africa’s Image / State Of The Nation Address / When They Criticized Turn It To Be Your Motivation.!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.