Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,753 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 05:55 AM

Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed - Computer Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Computer Market / Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed (2124 Views)

USA used 4GB Ram, Nvidia, 14inch Powerful ACER Laptop For Sale**SOLD!!! / Hp Probook Core I 3 4gram 320gb 88,000/hp 630 4gram 320gb 75,000 / Core I 5 Hp Dm 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by civomed: 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2014
lenovo thinkpad T530, core i7 , new or uk used that is clean, the memory size ( I need large ram16 or 8 gig),the battery in it should be very good, 1-2 gb nvidia grahics .budget range is between 80k-85k .
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2014
civomed:
lenovo thinkpad T530, core i7 , new or uk used that is clean, the memory size ( I need large ram16 or 8 gig),the battery in it should be very good, 1-2 gb nvidia grahics .budget range is between 80k-85k .

That is going to be impossible with your budget. i have the t530 Core i7 with 32GB RAM 4GB NVIDIA Graphics Card, 512GB SSD and 1TB Hard disk. going price is N350k.. (used)
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by Fulaman198(m): 5:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
voltron:

That is going to be impossible with your budget. i have the t530 Core i7 with 32GB RAM 4GB NVIDIA Graphics Card, 512GB SSD and 1TB Hard disk. going price is N350k.. (used)

You have a lot more RAM than what the OP is asking for though. Also a 512gb SSD is no joke price wise.
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by lordraiden(m): 5:38pm On Oct 27, 2014
voltron:

menh dat rig is bad
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by gingger(m): 6:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
I don't think u can get dat specs for dat price.
Check eBay den
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

You have a lot more RAM than what the OP is asking for though. Also a 512gb SSD is no joke price wise.

Bought it last year.. been sitting in front of me ever since.. wanted to use it for SAP Education and other IT certs around Security and Databases.. seems my 16GB T440s is doing the job just fine. got it for around N436,800 so N350 is a steal... literally

1 Like

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by civomed: 6:56pm On Oct 27, 2014
Wow, those specs as stated by voltron is way out of my budget . Probably I'll have to go for a clean london used then; needed for IT purpose (including programming).

1 Like

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by Fulaman198(m): 7:41pm On Oct 27, 2014
voltron:

Bought it last year.. been sitting in front of me ever since.. wanted to use it for SAP Education and other IT certs around Security and Databases.. seems my 16GB T440s is doing the job just fine. got it for around N436,800 so N350 is a steal... literally

For someone who does similar stuff to you, I'd say it's money well spent. It will definitely last you for years. I hope that you also get Windows 10 when it's available.

For me personally, in the Windows OS environment, nothing rivals Lenovo and Asus.
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by Fulaman198(m): 7:48pm On Oct 27, 2014
civomed:
Wow, those specs as stated by voltron is way out of my budget . Probably I'll have to go for a clean london used then; needed for IT purpose (including programming).

In all honesty you would be fine with 8 gb for programming. Heck my specs are as follows and I use mine for IT related purposes as well. I have two computers though (one desktop that is my main powerhouse with an Intel Core i7-4700 with 8gb of RAM (expandable to 32 gb) and this 2 in 1 that I do work on the go with).

The on the go computer gets the job done for most tech oriented things, I wouldn't recommend it though for more graphically intense things.

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

For someone who does similar stuff to you, I'd say it's money well spent. It will definitely last you for years. I hope that you also get Windows 10 when it's available.

For me personally, in the Windows OS environment, nothing rivals Lenovo and Asus.

Thanks.. also got 4 2TB seagate external USB drives to backup all my stuff on each regularly. (I am paranoid that aliens will try to get my stuff) If my funds and time matches my ambition, i will do some music producing, i hear that takes at least a year to really master. but right now SAP is key ABAP and BASIS
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by Fulaman198(m): 8:34pm On Oct 27, 2014
voltron:

Thanks.. also got 4 2TB seagate external USB drives to backup all my stuff on each regularly. (I am paranoid that aliens will try to get my stuff) If my funds and time matches my ambition, i will do some music producing, i hear that takes at least a year to really master. but right now SAP is key ABAP and BASIS

Most people who work in I.T. are paranoid anyways.
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by civomed: 9:34pm On Oct 27, 2014
@fulaman : u have a good combination there , I quite agree I'm okay with 8gig RAM , 500gig-1 TB hdd and a system with good battery for my work.

1 Like

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by spikesC(m): 11:32pm On Oct 27, 2014
Fulaman198:

Why would you say that?
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by Fulaman198(m): 8:39am On Oct 28, 2014
spikesC:

Why would you say that?

Because right now for Windows machines, Lenovo and Asus are the best
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by spikesC(m): 9:22am On Oct 28, 2014
Fulaman198:

Because right now for Windows machines, Lenovo and Asus are the best

That's still basic. What technical reasons do u have
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by civomed: 11:12am On Oct 28, 2014
Still waiting !
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by Fulaman198(m): 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2014
spikesC:

That's still basic. What technical reasons do u have

Lenovo and Asus are much more reliable machines. Asus has been developing high quality motherboards for decades and hardly anything rivals Lenovo's/IBM Thinkpad line of machines for laptops. Lenovo is the enterprise standard.
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by spikesC(m): 8:34pm On Oct 28, 2014
Fulaman198:

Lenovo and Asus are much more reliable machines. Asus has been developing high quality motherboards for decades and hardly anything rivals Lenovo's/IBM Thinkpad line of machines for laptops. Lenovo is the enterprise standard.

Ok, i don't really know if you wanna extend this but i would like to know where/how you deduced this info. Any datasheets, research papers, links, technical comparisons or even personal reasons to back this up.

Pls do not hesitate to go technical.
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by Fulaman198(m): 8:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
spikesC:

Ok, i don't really know if you wanna extend this but i would like to know where/how you deduced this info. Any datasheets, research papers, links, technical comparisons or even personal reasons to back this up.

Pls do not hesitate to go technical.

http://blog.laptopmag.com/best-worst-laptop-brands-2014

Here is an article discussing the various manufacturers, the reason I didn't get technical because at a certain pricepoint, every laptop or desktop have similar hardware and internals. They all typically have 8gb+ of RAM on higher end models, dedicated GPU or high-end Intel intergrated GPU, a fast SSD drive, and high resolution screens.
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by spikesC(m): 4:20am On Oct 30, 2014
Fulaman198:

http://blog.laptopmag.com/best-worst-laptop-brands-2014

Here is an article discussing the various manufacturers, the reason I didn't get technical because at a certain pricepoint, every laptop or desktop have similar hardware and internals. They all typically have 8gb+ of RAM on higher end models, dedicated GPU or high-end Intel intergrated GPU, a fast SSD drive, and high resolution screens.

Am sorry, but the link you gave me didn't provide anything i wanna see.
The ratings/reviews are just the same thing we see everyday. Same recycled bullcrap bloggers post every year.
There was no technical details given on those reviews, no technical benchmarks..nada
Just a review of design, customer support, software package, audio/display and notably, innovation.
Which is not something IT guys like you and I wanna see. Those are for regular computer users and not even acceptable by gamers.

That is not what i was expecting to see when you claimed that Lenovo and Asus produce the best motherboards, especially when you term windows into it.

To motherboards, ASUS is doing very well as they are in the top 4. But they're certainly not the best in the market right now.
We have MSI and Gigabyte motherboards leading the pack. We also have ASRock on the front.
In fact, ASUS' leading motherboard, the Sabertooth, runs on AMD chipset. And you know what that means, cos if you're not running on Intel, you're not a friend of windows.

Lenovo is not even close. Even a version of our overpriced Alienware performs better than the best lenovo in the market.
Lenovo has been left behind for basic PC users. I would still chose a Toshiba Qosmio than any lenovo, although not because of the motherboard but of the total package.
A power user wants ruggedity not a 360 degrees turntable.
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by Fulaman198(m): 5:14am On Oct 30, 2014
spikesC:

Am sorry, but the link you gave me didn't provide anything i wanna see.
The ratings/reviews are just the same thing we see everyday. Same recycled bullcrap bloggers post every year.
There was no technical details given on those reviews, no technical benchmarks..nada
Just a review of design, customer support, software package, audio/display and notably, innovation.
Which is not something IT guys like you and I wanna see. Those are for regular computer users and not even acceptable by gamers.

That is not what i was expecting to see when you claimed that Lenovo and Asus produce the best motherboards, especially when you term windows into it.

To motherboards, ASUS is doing very well as they are in the top 4. But they're certainly not the best in the market right now.
We have MSI and Gigabyte motherboards leading the pack. We also have ASRock on the front.
In fact, ASUS' leading motherboard, the Sabertooth, runs on AMD chipset. And you know what that means, cos if you're not running on Intel, you're not a friend of windows.

Lenovo is not even close. Even a version of our overpriced Alienware performs better than the best lenovo in the market.
Lenovo has been left behind for basic PC users. I would still chose a Toshiba Qosmio than any lenovo, although not because of the motherboard but of the total package.
A power user wants ruggedity not a 360 degrees turntable.

ASRock is made by Asus.......it's owned by Asus and was created by Asus in 2002. Also you are wrong every top motherboard is made by Asus:

http://www.futuremark.com/hardware/mobo

As you know Futuremark is a well known benchmark.

"ASRock was originally spun off from Asus in 2002 in order to compete with companies like Foxconn for the commodity OEM market. Since then, ASRock has also gained momentum in the DIY sector and plans for moving the company upstream began in 2007 following a successful IPO on the Taiwan Stock Exchange.[1]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASRock
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by damiosy(m): 8:48am On Oct 30, 2014
I am Sorry @ Civomed I have been busy,the Lenovo Is a T520,responded to your post on my thread so check it out

To others: I have no doubt Lenovo gives the best value for money on specs
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by civomed: 3:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
@ damiosy : I would have preferred it to be the tkinkpad T530 rather than T520 model. Reviews on T520 motherboards are not encouraging.
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by damiosy(m): 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
civomed:
@ damiosy : I would have preferred it to be the tkinkpad T530 rather than T520 model. Reviews on T520 motherboards are not encouraging.

Oh I see, well that's what's on board, unless you will consider

HP Elitebook 8560p
Core i7 2.70ghz
1tb hdd 8gb ram
1gb dedicated AMD Radeon graphics

Or the Alienware... those are the alternatives for now,hoping to get supplies cleared by weekend or next week tops contact me if you have other specifications
Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Core I-7 ,8gb Ram,nvidia Needed by civomed: 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
Alright sir , I'm still on till that next week as it is that T530 thinkpad I need

(1) (Reply)

Lieberts UPS In Lagos - Promo / Dell Latitude D630 @ 32k / Give Away Price New Hp 620 75,000,500gb,4 Gram Intel Dual Core +bag Check It Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.