Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,079 members, 7,880,374 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:00 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (632) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1502175 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) ... (838) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Somzee(f): 11:47am On Jan 15, 2023
Phenmeson:

Do you have a pending appointment?
Try to use another tab lyk new incognito tab.
Click on Manage /Reschedule appointment.
You can select February or March and the available date will show.
Yes, I have a pending appointment.
Thank you, I'll try this out.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dammywapes(m): 12:50pm On Jan 15, 2023
Doyou2019:

Doesn't hurt to try. Someone on here captured in January and got their passport in days.
I understand but i’m DIY…
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Reelz: 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2023
Pls I need an urgent answer.. if name on NIN is written as 'Hana" and name on expired passport is "Hanah".. All other details are accurate.. Pls, will it be an issue when applying for renewal....
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by abbeywasc(m): 4:02pm On Jan 15, 2023
Preator:
Good Evening, Planning on doing partial DIY for myself and family I intend to register and pay online, then go close to the capturing date and see if i can get an officer that can make the capturing and production easier. Does anyone know the current available dates for the centres below:

1. Alausa
2. Sagamu
3. Ibadan.

I am thinking of Sagamu though my travel time to Alausa and Sagamu are similar.

Can someone also list the documents required especially for a minor. Will keep reading the other threads and hope i spot some insights to my questions.

Interested in this. Do i need LGA for a minor?(fresh application)
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by abbeywasc(m): 4:12pm On Jan 15, 2023
mayford:

You're welcome. Mine was renewal, I didn't use the guarantor's form, but yes you need to include it with other documents for fresh application. At the time I did fresh, I went through an agent who did all the heavy lifting. So I'm not in the right position to advise on that

How much did the agent charge and which location?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kelmicheal: 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2023
abbeywasc:

How much did the agent charge and which location?

Don't give any agent Kobo go DIY
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by femijay8271(m): 5:34pm On Jan 15, 2023
99Good:
If you're looking to get your NPC birth cert to use locally applying for passport or other things within Nigeria or attestation+birth cert for visa application or any other thing you need it for internationally, we can do it for you without leaving your house

Our office is at ifako ijaye general hospital ask for NPC office within the premises should in case you want to come do it yourself.

How much is it pls?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by femijay8271(m): 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2023
phlakkeys:
My Personal Experience as a DIY Applicant at Ibadan Nigeria Immigration Office, Bus Stop, Agodi Gate:-

On Sunday, I collected the Guarantor's Form and Passport, from my guarantor which has been filled, signed and thump printed.
On Monday my capturing date, I went to High Court at Ring Road (8:07am), paid #1,100 and got the Guarantor's Form signed and stamp by Commissioner of Oats and left(8:30am).
From there, I went to my office to sign in, print online payment receipt and application form, do 3photocopies each of all my documents, and went to NIS office (11:30am).
At the gate, I told them I came for fresh online capturing and was asked to go to Front Office.
At the Front Office, I was given Application Verification Form to do 1 photocopy and that I should come with white file, and 1 plain A4 paper.
I went out to do the photocopy and collected plain A4 paper @#100, and bought white file @#100.
I went back inside and the woman at the Front Office asked me to follow a sample of the Application Letter for fresh application and collected the following and arranged it as listed below:-
2 Passport Photograph
1 Written Application Letter
These were stapled in front of the brown file given at the office which is being used for online (DIY) application.
Inside the brown file:-
1 Filled Application Verification Form (given by them)
1 Appointment Slip Print Out
1 Marriage Certificate Photocopy
1 Certificate of Origin Photocopy
1 Birth Certificate Photocopy
1 Guarantor's Form completely signed and stamped (both pages) Original Copy
1 Guarantor's International Passport Data Page Photocopy
1 Guarantor's NIN Slip Photocopy
3 International Passport Payment Receipt Photocopies
3 Standard Passport Application Form Photocopies
And she kept the file with others while she asked me to go and sit under the shed.
Those who didn't DIY were being attended to and we DIY were just sitting, doing nothing till around 4:30pm, when our file was brought out and we were called to collect our files and take to Account Office.
At the Account Office, we were told to come back next day because they are already closing but we were later attended to when some people who aren't DIY came, so they didn't have choice than to do it together.
From Account Office, we were asked to go to Verification Office where Interview will be done but the Officer in charge has already gone home, so our file was kept there and we were asked to come back any day we are chanced. Left there around 5pm.

On Tuesday, I went straight to the Verification Office for Interview (11:38am) and the man attended to me immediately after being told how we waited for him on Monday.
He asked of my name, where do I work, and sited Original of my Marriage Certificate, Birth Certificate, Local Government Certificate, asked about the relationship between me and my guarantor, signed and stamped my file, kept it with other files and asked me to go back to the shed.
We DIY were left unattended to under the mosquitoes infected shed until 3:13pm when they were done with others and they came with our files, to call us for capturing at the Enrolment Office.
It reached my turn at 15:49pm and I was told NIN Verification Failed, and since there was no network from NIN site, we should go home and come back next day.

On Wednesday, I had to go early since I've noticed they normally have NIN network problem in the afternoon.
I got there 8:50am, and went straight to the Production Office where they normally correct NIN verification issue. I was asked to search for my file and dropped it in front of the officer in charge and went back to the shed.
Under the shed, an Officer was briefing us about the procedure and I noticed they were collecting names of those that came with children, pregnant women and elderly 60+, so they will be attended to first, while they were having their parade on the field.
I tracked my application online and noticed that it has changed from NIN "Verification Failed" to "pending for NIN verification"
NB:- As at the time I registered online, October 30, 2022, it was at the point of (NIN Verification has failed, please proceed to the passport office for correction). When I noticed this, I quickly went to NIN office to do my change of surname but the tracker was still on NIN Verification Failed till the 3rd day of capturing January 9, 2022.

Immediately I noticed the change at 10:06am, I went back to the Production Office to ask the Officer in charge of NIN Correction and he told me my file is already at the Enrolment Office for Capturing that I should go and wait under the shed till they will call me.

As usual, they were busy calling their own and left we DIY.
When it was 11:12am, I was already having malaria symptoms and also needed to resume at work so I went to the Production Office to see who I can speak with and luckily for me, one top Officer asked what happened, that he has been seeing my face since and why was I looking sick? I explained everything in details to him sobberly, and he commanded some officers to search for my file and asked me to sit and wait for capturing.
I got captured by 2:14pm and was given a paper having the capturing date, my name and code to photocopy and the original was collected and kept in my file.
We were not given collection date, though someone that asked was told to come back in 2months.
I met other DIY and advised them to go and beg the same man, but they came back saying he asked them to go and keep waiting that they all will be attended to which usually is after attending to all that didn't DIY.

The tracker has already marked Production-Passport production is in progress.
And waiting Passport Issued-Passport pending production.

Hmmmm....Na God Almighty Grace u finally see that day o

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Preator: 7:07pm On Jan 15, 2023
Preator:
Good Evening, Planning on doing partial DIY for myself and family I intend to register and pay online, then go close to the capturing date and see if i can get an officer that can make the capturing and production easier. Does anyone know the current available dates for the centres below:

1. Alausa
2. Sagamu
3. Ibadan.

I am thinking of Sagamu though my travel time to Alausa and Sagamu are similar.

Can someone also list the documents required especially for a minor. Will keep reading the other threads and hope i spot some insights to my questions.

Finally decided to try the DIY route. Chose Sagamu. Just paid a few minutes ago. Both January 30 and 31 were available. I chose 31st as i had a prior engagement on 30th. I need to get my son's local govt LG before then and my wife has to update her name on NIN too.

Will share further updates on the date. Fortune favours the brave.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by mayford: 7:45pm On Jan 15, 2023
Solanaa:

Thanks Boss.

One more question Sir.

If I register for my passport and because of some reasons I'm unable to capture.

How long will it take for it to expire Sir?

7 days
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by abbeywasc(m): 7:48pm On Jan 15, 2023
kelmicheal:

Don't give any agent Kobo go DIY

Thanks. Can my guarantor use a passport from 2018? Its still has a few month left on it. I saw guarantor's e-passport as the requirement andni'm not sure those from 2018 are e-passports too
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sikay19(m): 7:55pm On Jan 15, 2023
mayford:

7 days

This right here is misinformation. It takes a year before the expiration of your passport application.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 15, 2023
Idahosah:
Hello everyone, i got my passport today

Application 20th Oct 2022
Capturing 1st Nov 2022
Collection 13/01/2022

hi which state did u do urs
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
azelab:
Glory be to God

I did my capturing today at Abeokuta passport centre. I got there early around 6:30am because I started all the documentations today.

They captured me 8:30pm. The officers really tried.

From my enquiry , one of the officers told me that they are almost through with November and that the printing of the December capturing might probably finished by January ending or by the first week of February.

Strictly DIY .

Wat does DIY mean
and what was the cost of the passport and what documents are needed
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jan 15, 2023
trigger11:
Team DIY
I PAID 6TH OF OCTOBER 2022(sagamu center)

Now
Captured 4th January, 2023

Date of issue 6th January 2023

I got a text from them 10th janaury 2023

I picked it up 13th January 2023

This kind of miracle has never happen before oooh
I have been screaming loud

Even the immigration officers where asking me how did it happened
The went as far as asking me if the oga in charge over all boss there has my backing
I told them the truth
I am team i no the give shi shi
And u need to see the shock on thier faces

I thank everyone who has been posting here you guys helped me a lot

Now unto the next phase

how much is the passport, and what documents did they require, Sagamu is it ogun state
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by wisz1(m): 8:20pm On Jan 15, 2023
Heathrow44:

Wat does DIY mean
and what was the cost of the passport and what documents are needed
Diy= do it yourself.

Cost of passport:#25,000 + charges (#500, payment via bank or #1,000 , payment via online/card) #25,500, or #26,000.

Nb: 32 pages, 5 years.

Documents needed:check website or read up from page 610

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 15, 2023
wisz1:

Diy= do it yourself.

Cost of passport:#25,000 + charges (#500, payment via bank or #1,000 , payment via online/card) #25,500, or #26,000.

Wat website and I checked page 610 I didn't see it therr
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 15, 2023
wisz1:

Diy= do it yourself.

did u do urs in lagos I.stay in lagos and idk the locations for it, I need sm1 that did in lagos recently to put me thru pls
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 15, 2023
wisz1:

Diy= do it yourself.

and it seems is 5yrs expiration period, how do u go abt renewal
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by 99Good: 9:00pm On Jan 15, 2023
femijay8271:

How much is it pls?
There are two types, which particular one of them are you referring to?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by femijay8271(m): 9:31pm On Jan 15, 2023
99Good:
There are two types, which particular one of them are you referring to?

Both?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by YeyeBoyfriend: 1:39am On Jan 16, 2023
Co-asking
femijay8271:

Both?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kelmicheal: 7:19am On Jan 16, 2023
abbeywasc:

Thanks. Can my guarantor use a passport from 2018? Its still has a few month left on it. I saw guarantor's e-passport as the requirement andni'm not sure those from 2018 are e-passports too

Yes it can be use since it's still valid
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by wisz1(m): 7:46am On Jan 16, 2023
Heathrow44:

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by wisz1(m): 7:47am On Jan 16, 2023
Heathrow44:

portal.immigration.gov.ng/
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by wisz1(m): 7:52am On Jan 16, 2023
Heathrow44:

https://passport.immigration.gov.ng/application

Everything you need is at the NIS website
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by wisz1(m): 7:55am On Jan 16, 2023
Heathrow44:

for renewal of passport (DIY)
Proceed to their portal
1 - Select standard passport then on the next stage select renewal
2- Fill in your details on the application form, crosscheck for possible errors (download & save form)
3 - proceed to make payment, 25k official price + 1k charges, 26k total, after confirmation (download and save receipt)
4 - next, you'll have to book your appointment date, check the available dates, select your preferred date then confirm (download & save slip)
5 - print out all the above form and slips, add your nin slip and two passport photographs, buy a brown file put all your documents inside and proceed to your preferred NIS office on your capturing date.

Source/credit:Yeyeboyfriend. page 629

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dyydxx: 8:49am On Jan 16, 2023
which centres give out the ten year passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tobijas001(m): 9:05am On Jan 16, 2023
rezzy:
Hello house,

I have applied for the passport, but before then, i checked on NIMC app and found out my kids NIN dont have a phone number attached to it even though i gave my husband's number the day we did it.

I hope to update it before capture date.

Do i need to take them to NIN office to update their NIN?

I tracked it and saw this in all my kids own, mine is showing pending NIN
Visit NIMC office for correction

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tobijas001(m): 9:06am On Jan 16, 2023
Micholo5:
House please help.

Does the "of" refer to my hometown or what?
Home address
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by tobijas001(m): 9:10am On Jan 16, 2023
abbeywasc:

Yeah
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by plutob2ce: 10:16am On Jan 16, 2023
Doyou2019:

You don't need his NIN. A photocopy of his passport will do just fine.
Hello boss, you mean only photocopy of passport only will do?

(1) (2) (3) ... (629) (630) (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) ... (838) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: Laycon1(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.