Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,976 members, 7,966,631 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 06:34 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (844) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1591880 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) ... (852) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 12:41am On Aug 29
Handsome1:

they won't refund if the process is done twice?

because i have not gotten the approval mail yet still nothing can be done?
No refund.
Wait a bit more for the approval mail to be received by you. Technical glitch is one of the reasons why approval mail takes time...

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ev4real(m): 12:47pm On Aug 29
ekitimanalways:

Fresh passport application requirements for minor (under 18 years of age)

Completed passport application form attached with 1 passport sized photograph of minor to be endorsed on the reverse side by the consenting parent(s).

Evidence of Nigerian citizenship of parent(s).

Birth certificate (certificate must be issued by the National Population Commission for minors born within Nigeria).

Letter of consent from either parent.

Acknowledgement Slip and Evidence of Payment.

Court Order and Letter of approval from State Ministry of Women and Child Development (This Requirement is strictly for adopted child).
Thank you very much.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Olubi15: 1:42pm On Aug 29
ekitimanalways:

No refund.
Wait a bit more for the approval mail to be received by you. Technical glitch is one of the reasons why approval mail takes time...
Please,what is the next step?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mikocake(m): 2:05pm On Aug 29
I registered and paid on Saturday 24th of August. Booked an appointment for enrollment on 2nd September.

I got my application approval email this afternoon. So I’ll be heading for enrollment on Monday.

Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 5:10pm On Aug 29
Olubi15:
Please,what is the next step?
Capturing/enrolment.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by gtboy2626: 7:05pm On Aug 29
Mikocake:
I registered and paid on Saturday 24th of August. Booked an appointment for enrollment on 2nd September.

I got my application approval email this afternoon. So I’ll be heading for enrollment on Monday.

Thanks guys
I also paid on the same day as you and Sept 2 is my appointment date, but I haven’t gotten the approval email yet. Hopefully I get it before Sept 2.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sammieking2017(m): 7:19pm On Aug 29
Has somebody tried to track his/her application on NIS portal this evening? The portal is bringing that my application is not found.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sammieking2017(m): 7:20pm On Aug 29
Please someone should try from his/her end

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by gtboy2626: 7:28pm On Aug 29
sammieking2017:
Has somebody tried to track his/her application on NIS portal this evening? The portal is bringing that my application is not found.
Yeah, I tried just now and it showed that. I think it’s a technical glitch and are you also waiting for approval?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sammieking2017(m): 7:32pm On Aug 29
gtboy2626:

Yeah, I tried just now and it showed that. I think it’s a technical glitch and are you also waiting for approval?

I've gotten approval mail. Waiting for appointment or which one is approval again, was it not the mail we received that contained the link to book appointment?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by gtboy2626: 7:36pm On Aug 29
sammieking2017:

I've gotten approval mail. Waiting for appointment or which one is approval again, was it not the mail we received that contained the link to book appointment?
Approval email is different, check your approval status on your application slip and see if it’s showing waiting for approval or not
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Famouslabod(f): 3:17am On Aug 30
I registered online and made payment for my passport renewal and my child's fresh passport production.

After making payment, I made an attempt to book appointment for both ensuring I entered the application id and reference number correctly, but I am getting ERROR MESSAGES.

So, I went ahead to track and I got the message NOT FOUND *matching application status not found for application number ............ and reference number ........*

Please , is it that your site is down or what's going on?
I still have one more child to register but can't go ahead because of these pending ones.

Who else is experiencing this and what do u suggest?
Thank you.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by frankiejohn: 8:41am On Aug 30
@ekitimanalways
Please I have a question.
Is it important to include maiden name and marriage certificate for married women?
I am in the process of registering my mum but I noticed that one of her names was misspelled in her marriage certificate. The maiden surname is correct but one of her other names was misspelled.

Do I proceed without inputing her maiden name and marriage certificate?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dan147: 9:33am On Aug 30
@ekitimanalways Pls is Local Government Certificate of Indigeneship compulsory for renewal and how can I get it?
Someone told me that state of origin isn’t compulsory. I will like to know if this Local Government Certificate of indigeneship is same as state of origin
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 10:01am On Aug 30
frankiejohn:
@ekitimanalways
Please I have a question.
Is it important to include maiden name and marriage certificate for married women?
I am in the process of registering my mum but I noticed that one of her names was misspelled in her marriage certificate. The maiden surname is correct but one of her other names was misspelled.

Do I proceed without inputing her maiden name and marriage certificate?
Input her maiden name and include her marriage certificate.

You noticed a certain error on your mother's marriage certificate, she should apply to the Marriage Registry where her marriage was registered in order to correct it. She has to apply in person and provide evidence to support the reason for the correction.

Please note that, NIN must match data on passport application. Details of name, gender and date of birth on the NIN and the passport application must match exactly. If they do not match, your mother must take steps to either change the passport information or change the NIN information to match.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dan147: 10:28am On Aug 30
Please is the Application Letter hand written or I will need to type it.
ekitimanalways:

He was a fresh passport applicant. A fresh Nigerian passport applicant is not required to attach an application letter to his or her application.

REQUIREMENTS FOR FRESH NIGERIAN PASSPORT

Letter of identification from Local Government/State of origin or residence or National Identity Card or letter of introduction for employees of the government as a Nigerian citizen stating service number, length of service and designation/rank. The letter must be accompanied with a valid staff identity card.

Completed passport application form.

Marriage certificate, where applicable.

Birth Certificate (certificate issued by the National Population Commission shall be required from applicants whose date of birth is with effect from Dec 1992) or Age Declaration attached with one passport-sized photograph and duly endorsed by a Commissioner for Oaths.

REQUIREMENTS FOR RENEWAL/REISSUE

Application Letter.

Passport Booklet.

Photocopy of Data Page of Passport.

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Graceness777(f): 11:49am On Aug 30
Hello guys please how many months before expiry can I renew my passport ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mikocake(m): 12:29pm On Aug 30
gtboy2626:

I also paid on the same day as you and Sept 2 is my appointment date, but I haven’t gotten the approval email yet. Hopefully I get it before Sept 2.

Yeah, hopefully. Keep checking your email.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by waleayeni1: 12:36pm On Aug 30
I enrolled and captured within 15 Minutes Today. All of the documents that were required for reissue at Alausa Passport office are;

1. Printed application Form
2. Printed receipt of payment
3. Printed Appointments slip.
4. Original Expired passport.

I got to the passport office around 6am. waited until some Minutes to 7am before the gate was opened and 4 other people and i were ushered in. Around some minutes to 8am, we were led to another room where we enrolled before capturing.

The process all around was pretty straightforward, yet, some people still felt the need bribe and influence their experience. I guess that most Nigerians are guilty of the crimes they blame their leaders for
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by frankiejohn: 1:11pm On Aug 30
ekitimanalways:

Input her maiden name and include her marriage certificate.

You noticed a certain error on your mother's marriage certificate, she should apply to the marriage Registry where her marriage was registered in order to correct it. She has to apply in person and provide evidence to support the reason for the correction.

Please note that, NIN must match data on passport application. Details of name, gender and birth on the NIN and the passport application must match exactly. If they do not match, your mother must take steps to either change the passport information or change the NIN information to match.
Thanks a lot for your reply.

She is currently not in the state where her marriage was registered.
Can I upload the marriage certificate like that then she will go for correction at the registry later? Her nin details are correct.
Also, what are the possible consequences of not including her marriage certificate and maiden name?
Her nin carries her marriage name and I will also be using her marriage name to apply for her passport.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by gtboy2626: 5:19pm On Aug 30
Mikocake:

Yeah, hopefully. Keep checking your email.
Well, I called the NIS support center and I explained to them that I haven’t gotten the approval email and the man told me I should go to my processing office on my appointment date which is September 2nd to see what’s going on, but I’m thinking if I should still wait a little maybe I will get the approval next week if I don’t get it before Monday any advice?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 6:13pm On Aug 30
dan147:
Please is the Application Letter hand written or I will need to type it.

Handwritten letter of application.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 7:13pm On Aug 30
frankiejohn:

Thanks a lot for your reply.

She is currently not in the state where her marriage was registered.
Can I upload the marriage certificate like that then she will go for correction at the registry later? Her nin details are correct.
Also, what are the possible consequences of not including her marriage certificate and maiden name?
Her nin carries her marriage name and I will also be using her marriage name to apply for her passport.

Before you upload the marriage certificate, let her approach a High Court in the State or city she resides in and get an affidavit for correction of a marriage certificate just to be on the safe side.

It is a requirement for a married Nigerian woman who is applying for a Nigerian passport to include both her marriage certificate and maiden name. Failure to comply may or will hinder the free flow of her passport application.

Please let her use the name on her NIN to apply just to avoid passport application rejection or delay.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mikocake(m): 8:42pm On Aug 30
gtboy2626:

Well, I called the NIS support center and I explained to them that I haven’t gotten the approval email and the man told me I should go to my processing office on my appointment date which is September 2nd to see what’s going on, but I’m thinking if I should still wait a little maybe I will get the approval next week if I don’t get it before Monday any advice?

Why not do as the man advised? Go and know what’s the problem is. If they tell you to wait small, you can then wait and see.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by adibo(m): 12:21am On Aug 31
Good morning, I need your advice, I planned on applying for a passport yesterday but when I inputted my nin, my nin details came out and it shows single. However, I recently married last year. I did not see any option on the nimc portal to change my marriage status. Can I proceed and apply for the passport even though it is showing that I am single? Will it have any negative impact in future?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 6:07am On Aug 31
adibo:
Good morning, I need your advice, I planned on applying for a passport yesterday but when I inputted my nin, my nin details came out and it shows single. However, I recently married last year. I did not see any option on the nimc portal to change my marriage status. Can I proceed and apply for the passport even though it is showing that I am single? Will it have any negative impact in future?

No, you cannot proceed and apply for a Nigerian passport until you carry out modification of data.

Visit the closest NIMC office or enrolment centre for modification of data. Please provide the following to any closest to you:
Original NIN slip at the point of enrolment.
Newspaper publication
Affidavit
REMITA Payment Slip/Teller
Application Letter.
Marriage certificate.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by jjbest123(m): 6:25am On Aug 31
Please what the six files new applicants are expected to go with fir capturing?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by adibo(m): 7:50am On Aug 31
ekitimanalways:

No, you cannot proceed and apply for a Nigerian passport until you carry out modification of data.

Visit the closest NIMC office or enrolment centre for modification of data. Please provide the following to any closest to you:
Original NIN slip at the point of enrolment.
Newspaper publication
Affidavit
REMITA Payment Slip/Teller
Application Letter.
Marriage certificate.

Thanks for your reply.
Which newspaper publication are you referring to?
Also, which affidavit am I to do?
Remita payment for what exactly pls?
Lastly, I should write an application letter stating that I want to change my marital status?

Sorry for the many questions. Note, I am a man
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by gtboy2626: 12:15pm On Aug 31
Mikocake:

Why not do as the man advised? Go and know what’s the problem is. If they tell you to wait small, you can then wait and see.
Just got my approval email just now, I will be going for my biometric on Monday. Thanks.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mikocake(m): 12:18pm On Aug 31
gtboy2626:

Just got my approval email just now, I will be going for my biometric on Monday. Thanks.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 12:55pm On Aug 31
adibo:

Thanks for your reply.
Which newspaper publication are you referring to?
Also, which affidavit am I to do?
Remita payment for what exactly pls?
Lastly, I should write an application letter stating that I want to change my marital status?

Sorry for the many questions. Note, I am a man
I thought you were a woman! A married Nigerian man is not required to submit copy of marriage certificate.

Your NIN must match data on the online passport application form. Details of name, gender and date of birth on the NIN and the online passport application form must match exactly.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by adibo(m): 2:56pm On Aug 31
ekitimanalways:

I thought you were a woman! A married Nigerian man is not required to submit copy of marriage certificate.

Your NIN must match data on the online passport application form. Details of name, gender and date of birth on the NIN and the online passport application form must match exactly.

Yes, do I still need to go to nin office to modify the marriage status?

(1) (2) (3) ... (841) (842) (843) (844) (845) (846) (847) ... (852) (Reply)

Nairobi Photos (kenya): A Beautiful East African City / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.