Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,283 members, 7,887,827 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:38 PM

The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? (18643 Views)

Fat Woman And Her Daughter In Okada (photo) / Okada Man Carrying Goats In Onitsha / Okada Accident (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Goldenj2227(f): 10:51am On Oct 28, 2014
Yes it's neccessary,when u go to lugbe airport road d hausa okada men dere are so wicked and troublesum,dey ride and hit ppl anyhow and when u complain dey make trouble,I have bin prayin for goverment to do sumtin abt dat,but dey should pls provide anough jobs and keke napep
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by InvertedHammer: 10:51am On Oct 28, 2014
It is very feasible! Emulate Fashola...

LAGOS STATE went from

[img]http://4.bp..com/-2fbZBNdlxII/UhDgjLFLJYI/AAAAAAABYtA/23FLewC1MzE/s1600/okada_riders.jpg[/img]

TO

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by kuro2gud: 10:53am On Oct 28, 2014
Wonderlands:
yes it is neccessary. and if they start committing crimes they go to jail. but the FG should provide enough jobs to back it up sha but notin concern me i nor be okada rider. So it is not of my FCking biznes grin
u have a low I.Q bro... Think again
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by blezzinq(f): 11:15am On Oct 28, 2014
FG should have a rethink because this will add to the numbers of jobless citizens in the country
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by eleko1: 11:18am On Oct 28, 2014
sad sad sad sad sadWhy won't they make/implement useless law that doesn't have direct impact with them?Not too long ago,Ojo the bicycle Minister told us to ride keke instead of our car's'.Only the poor/overburden mass'es' are @ the receiving end sad sadI tire o
jjwaterfalls:
I dnt no if to say dt our govt jst like making life difficult 4 people. Whoever is cming up wit dez policies hav dey Eva sat down to think abt d consequences, d unemployment rate dat wil increase, d crime rate, d poverty rate.
Are dey aware dt ppl use it as a source of livelihood? Are dey also aware dt der ar sm roads dt evn keke cannot ply?
I guess dey wnt more ppl to buy cars, den we wil all enjoy d traffic together.
Smh...........naija I hail thee. undecided
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by eleko1: 11:22am On Oct 28, 2014
sad sadAs far as Jona is consign,he nor give a damn.
blezzinq:
FG should have a rethink because this will add to the numbers of jobless citizens in the country
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Feranmicharles(m): 11:25am On Oct 28, 2014
AKMoney1:

This early morning, why na?

UP Nairaland grin
loiz grin
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 28, 2014
richardjemedafe1:
Lol,what a joke!!really??we have bigger
problems to deal with In this country.we
already have more than 50%
unemployment rate and we do not want
to add more to it.the government should
be more concerned in creating jobs
opportunities and not taking jobs away!!
have they thought about how many
Nigerians depend on these to feed their
families?? First of all before they make
this decision,they should provide other
job opportunities for them to fall back
on.beacause if the the government
don’t,I’m pretty sure the crime rate in
Nigeria is going to rise and putting every
single one of is In great danger..,,

We have bigger problems in this country
than to focus on issues i would rather
regard as trivial ….! Before you take away
a man’s means of livelihood, you should
reasonably have provided another
one….this government obviously doesn’t
seem to understand the type of problems
inherent in this country…with the okada
in use, their is still unemployment , there
are graduates who are okada riders,
what’s going to happen when you take
these okada off our streets? I see this as a
means of increasing the crime rate in our
country.

I DON TALK my OWn ohhH........
wella
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by nanhilicious(f): 11:29am On Oct 28, 2014
Please let the ban start from Nnewi in Anambra state... The Okada riders there don't fear God! embarassed.. Come see whr okada plenty pass human beings cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by MadCow1: 11:30am On Oct 28, 2014
Olekumaster:
It is not a hidden fact now that the FG wants to place a ban on motorcycles, popularly known as Okada in the country. Now my question is, considering the fact that many people will be jobless, crime rate will escalate, etc. Is the ban really necessary?

I am sure that if you scroll back a few years into Nairaland archives, you would see a similar thread on Lagos and its then proposed okada ban.. You would see so many people curse out Fashola and say how it wouldn't work..

Look at us today..

Wait.. before not too long, Keke would replace Okadas fully and Keke's would be the new endangered specie as they are a nuisance that is even worse than Okadas.. Atleast I can jam as many Okadas as I like and not damage my car too much.

What I have come to learn is that we are dynamic and should stop limiting ourselves. The day sef wey we ban all non government commercial busses, people go adjust and keep living.

Crime rate no go increase if you increase security.

I support it.. Eliminate all....

1 Like

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 28, 2014
Yes, it worked in the FCT....after El Rufai offered employment to many of the ex okada riders....

But as some have said here.....get a good public transport infrastructure in first....then we can talk about okada ban
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 28, 2014
hayoakins:
Once the riders are not longer allowed to earn a decent living. I advise everyone to just go and get a licensed gun because in latin words "awon goons would take charge at once" meaning there would be high rate of armed robbery.

Candidly, why would a sane government think of reducing unemployment by creating another . Provide them with another job because cutting off their source of livelihood
Make evry body go buy him own gun! if incase dey impliment dat law.

i swear, nigeria go hot wel-wel cheesy
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by eleko1: 11:41am On Oct 28, 2014
angry angry angry angryWic enuf jobs ur useless FG don provide since?why are they anti people?Banned ponmo,banned dis and that.Are U saying u nefa mount/rode a bike b4?When they push people to the wall,be expecting revolution soon sad sad sad sad
Wonderlands:
yes it is neccessary. and if they start committing crimes they go to jail. but the FG should provide enough jobs to back it up sha but notin concern me i nor be okada rider. So it is not of my FCking biznes grin
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Navyguy(m): 11:45am On Oct 28, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin 9ja i hail oooooo
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by SmellOfSecondMonkey(f): 11:47am On Oct 28, 2014
I love the dogggy style because it make the diick touch down and i do have heavenly feelings. It's a sweet way of making love but my boyfriend prefers the missionary style sad which i find boring. I also love the 69 style and mostly giving heads. smiley. I prefer a Huge corck when giving head cos it fulls my mouth and i handle it like a monster chocolate. Ladies whats your favorite position?
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Missyetty(f): 12:04pm On Oct 28, 2014
It is not advisable 4 d govt 2 ban it, tho it has coz more harm dan gud, buh @ d same tym, it serves as a source of employment 2 most pple, so b4 govt take dah silly decision dey shud provide more jobs
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by bregeard(m): 12:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
Olekumasloop r:
It is not a hidden fact now that the FG wants to place a ban on motorcycles, popularly known as Okada in the country. Now my question is, considering the fact that many people will be jobless, crime rate will escalate, etc. Is the ban really necessary?
ji think d govt should just build separate roads for commercial motorcycle like dey did for brt buses,den dere wont any prob with okada riders...ma opinion tho
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Crystalsemerald(m): 12:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
richardjemedafe1:
Lol,what a joke!!really??we have bigger
problems to deal with In this country.we
already have more than 50%
unemployment rate and we do not want
to add more to it.the government should
be more concerned in creating jobs
opportunities and not taking jobs away!!
have they thought about how many
Nigerians depend on these to feed their
families?? First of all before they make
this decision,they should provide other
job opportunities for them to fall back
on.beacause if the the government
don’t,I’m pretty sure the crime rate in
Nigeria is going to rise and putting every
single one of is In great danger..,,

We have bigger problems in this country
than to focus on issues i would rather
regard as trivial ….!
I DON TALK my OWn ohhH........
Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers @yourpissure

1 Like

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by pheesayor(m): 12:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
Where are those that condemned Fashola's Lagos traffic law?
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
[deleted]
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
LordReed:
Pretty unnecessary as far as I am concerned. There are many places which okadas serve as public transportation that would otherwise suffer for the lack. Government has not addressed this lack and yet wants to ban the solution? Crazy.

The Strategy has always being simple since the 1980s.. deepen the people's desperation and sorrow so they are incapable of united thought, incapable of doing something about it, it is a plug on the flow of revolutionary thought

1 Like

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Evathyst(f): 1:57pm On Oct 28, 2014
initialize:
Mtn wicked!!! dem no get data again...which means no money to buy land... Na so I buy 2 plot seaside.
Oga u try! Na wetin d topic ask u u dey answer so?
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Evathyst(f): 2:00pm On Oct 28, 2014
irunobo2:
I love the dogggy style because it make the diick touch down and i do have heavenly feelings. It's a sweet way of making love but my boyfriend prefers the missionary style sad which i find boring. I also love the 69 style and mostly giving heads. smiley. I prefer a Huge corck when giving head cos it fulls my mouth and i handle it like a monster chocolate. Ladies whats your favorite position?
U need Jesus!

So, u never still grow up ds 2014 abi? Make somebody help me tie ds guy wey dey use gal monicker talk rubbish. I wan go find better cane....
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Johnflavour(m): 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
If our govt.try do this they are placing the poor masses into a deep hot water, why am saying this is that hundrend to thousands of our people do derive their daily livelihood through this okada riding of a thing. I urge them to reconsider it very well before passing it into law.
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by CrazyMan(m): 2:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
The banning of motorcycles nation wide should be applicable to highways only. The bike men should be allowed to ply in villages and streets. The government should understand that there are some villages and streets in Nigeria that accessibility would be impossible should they maintain their stand.
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by LordReed(m): 2:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
voltron:

The Strategy has always being simple since the 1980s.. deepen the people's desperation and sorrow so they are incapable of united thought, incapable of doing something about it, it is a plug on the flow of revolutionary thought

I would have thought the opposite. Steeping people in desperation and sorrow seems to be the perfect recipe for revolution. Remember the "let them have cake then"? That lead to the French revolution. Government is kind of saying if they can't have cheap public transport let them buy made in Nigeria vehicles then.

2 Likes

Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by vacant06(m): 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
federal government should build more jail because crime rate in nigeria will be rampant if they should ban okada nation wide
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by playboy19(m): 2:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
Wonderlands:

It is your f*cking business, because when they lose their source of livelihood and eventually turn to armed robbery, they'd be coming to rob you, rap*e your mother, rap*e your sisters, rap*e your wife, kill you and then cart away all your life-long achievement. So, you see, it's your f*cking business. In fact, it's a business coming to f*ck you in the azz
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by initialize(m): 2:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
Evathyst:
Oga u try! Na wetin d topic ask u u dey answer so?

cheesy

kiss
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Aida13: 2:33pm On Oct 28, 2014
Before they can ban 'bikes' or okada then they'd better first fix all the motor roads in all cities. Bikemen are lifesavers in some areas where the roads are un-passable except you have a 4wd or truck.

On the bike men's side, I wonder where the government wants them to find their livelihood. Some of these okada drivers were graduates who lost their white collar jobs and had to turn to transportation for honest work as okada riders. I can't imagine what would happen to their families if they were to lose their jobs. Nigerian government and their ways of doing things upside down.
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Youngzedd(m): 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2014
dotna:
On point. Private use is not a problem. But commercial use is wrong.

Motorcycles were made to ease movement of one or two people and not be the backbone of public transport.

Chop knuckle.

Best post so far.
Re: The Proposed Ban On Okada: How Feasible Is It? by Dmanlex(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
If they don't want this country to turn upside down filled with more arm robbery, kidnap, corruption and all sort of evil they should drop d ban on OKADA. Because graduates don't have JObs moreover uneducated ones. How can u BAN d most simple job a man can do 2 feed and pay his bills when you can creat Alternate job. SOMEONE SHOULD SLAP D FG. *#ban Okada and nobody will VOtE".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bomb Blast Rock Internally Displaced Camp In Maiduguri / Man Donates N180K To A Poor Boy Who Finished Learning Trade (Photos) / Why Do Black Women Love Patting The Hell Out Of Their Heads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.