Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,683 members, 7,892,734 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:38 PM

Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) (10317 Views)

Poll: Versus this South American team: Will the Super Eagles win?

Yes!: 54% (18 votes)
No: 27% (9 votes)
Draw: 18% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Caf U23 Championship Qualifier :Nigeria 0 Vs Congo 0 (Live) / Adidas Officially Dumps Super Eagles Of Nigeria / Azerbaijan Vs Nigeria (0 - 11): U-17 Women's World Cup On Tuesday Sept-25-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by pie1ect(m): 5:22am On Nov 20, 2008
No I did not watch the match. But did you realistically expect a make-shift Nigerian team to beat Colombia on their own turf?

Spare me the lecture about how good the current Super Eagles are - they aren't that good. They have massive potential but that potential is yet to be met. It's high time we start being realistic about this current crop of Eagles and start aligning our expections to meet reality.

You don't expect Nigeria to take some virtually unknown and untested goalie to face one of the more recognisable footballing nations and steam-roll them, just because we are the Super Eagles. Even Brazil find it difficult against Colombia, sometimes.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by tosinadeda: 5:27am On Nov 20, 2008
as in really wuts ur point
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by tosinadeda: 5:27am On Nov 20, 2008
u even call ejide untested??
he saved us in that match
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by pie1ect(m): 5:32am On Nov 20, 2008
I think I already made my point. We both know I'm not referring to Ejide.
Tell me something, if Ejide had left the pitch for any reason, who would have replaced him - The 'untested' fella of course.

Just so we are very clear - Cut the Super Eagles and their managers some slack.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by Chookym(m): 7:35am On Nov 20, 2008
our Boys played below expectation
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by Ekwere(m): 7:38am On Nov 20, 2008
Though we lost 1-0 the team played well, here is the link-http://www.goal.com/en/news/468/internationals/2008/11/20/973029/falcao-the-difference-as-colombia-scrape-past-nigeria
Amodu keep your head up,well done
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by tkb417(m): 7:57am On Nov 20, 2008
thank God i no watch the match. with this kind commentaries wey i dey read, i for break my tV

time never reach for Amodu to dusgrace us, na when the real WCQ start, una go hear wen
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by MrCrackles(m): 11:29am On Nov 20, 2008
Watching Nigeria play is like watching an excrutiatingly painful boring Nollywood!

Me i don wash hand comot for Naija case tey tey grin grin

Them invite keeper wey dey play for semi-amateur league

why dem no come invite me wey dey play semi professionally?!

Craze people grin grin grin
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by tkb417(m): 11:40am On Nov 20, 2008
Watching Nigeria play is like watching an excrutiatingly painful boring Nollywood!

Me i don wash hand comot for Naija case tey tey

Them invite keeper wey dey play for semi-amateur league

why them no come invite me wey dey play semi professionally?!

Craze people

haba na, the boring Nollwood go make sence pass wetin i hear say den play

That Keeper cannot enter Gabros FC in Nigeria.
im waiting for the WCQ patiently. we know how to make minnows super powers
sudenly Angola is a super power cos we allowed dem qualify for WC
We are gonna create another one soon. u guys wanna guess
Mozambique will go to the WC ahead of us

i no know sef. shey na Mozambique abi na Kenya dey our group grin grin
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by Echidime(m): 11:56am On Nov 20, 2008
So this boys later consum one GOAL? Ok benefit of doubth since is just one zero
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by Thadude(m): 1:02pm On Nov 20, 2008
Amodu is not a talented coach. A talented coach sees a talented in a player who doesnt know he has what it takes, and builds that talent out. A coach who depends on big players to make his day is doomed! Amodu wants already-made if you dont make these boys they cant be loyal to you cos' they will always remember that you werent there when they started on the streets without hope, If Amodu have kept track of the best from our local league we would have atleast drawn that match. This Amodu no get strategy at all. If the big boys for europe no perform na him be say we go fail!, and i see more disappointments with him during the qualifiers, this same thing happened during the 2006 qualifiers. It is simply not the players fault. Cos' the players are saying, " i don make am , give another local boy a chance to make am". But Amodu dey fear to experiement, he go wait till he is forced to experienment by bigger boys who eventually fail to turn up then he finds him experiementing with a do or die game!
Look at what siasia did, to kick the ass of so called wonder kid Mikel who makes silly mistakes wit his club. And blend a new crop of unknown players in a short amount of time, Thats a talented coach. Dont get me wrong, Amodu is a good coach on pen and paper. But other countries have same, we need a coach who can think outside the box, that was what siasia did. That was how Keshi took Togo to the world cup.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by vichel(m): 1:32pm On Nov 20, 2008
pie1ect:

No I did not watch the match. But did you realistically expect a make-shift Nigerian team to beat Colombia on their own turf?

Spare me the lecture about how good the current Super Eagles are - they aren't that good. They have massive potential but that potential is yet to be met. It's high time we start being realistic about this current crop of Eagles and start aligning our expections to meet reality.

You don't expect Nigeria to take some virtually unknown and untested goalie to face one of the more recognisable footballing nations and steam-roll them, just because we are the Super Eagles. Even Brazil find it difficult against Colombia, sometimes.

You did not watch the match, so shut up!!, the Nigerian team that played yesterday had no freakin spine. Nobody is saying loosing to columbia is cause for alarm, but the way u loose is what matters. The columbian team had no cuttin edge, if it was a very good team that played the eagles yesterday, they would have rained goals. What is ur point with the goalie?, did he play?, oh the reason why the eagles played badly is because we took an untested goalie?, and they were all scared in their mind that if ejide gets hurt, there is no good backup!, I don't blame the players, although they had no fighting spirit, but i blame the coach, everybody knows amodu is a safe coach, who would neva think outside the box. We do not want safe coaches, we want coaches who reads an opponent and develop a game plan to tackle them, not a coach who plays 9 men in the back and 1 upfront hoping for magic to happen. AMODU IS GOOD, BUT ONLY FOR AN ARMATURE TEAM!!!
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by Ewoh(m): 4:43pm On Nov 20, 2008
I just hope Amodu is a temporally eagle coach. I can't just understand why our football authorities love re circling failures. Was Amodu not sacked once as a coach of the Eagles? What is different in Amodu now that was not there before when he was sacked. No time has Amodu coached the Eagles in a match that we enjoy watching them play. It has always been like holding our hearts in our hands. A coach that depends on big boys he can not even blend to prosecute a match is not a good coach. Amodu will have the same experience coach Chukwu has with the big boys and we missed qualification to the 2006 world cup. For me, I have already prepared myself for the worst. We may not be in the world cup in Africa 2010 if Amodu remain as Eagle's coach. Forget about the 100% performance in the Nation's cup qualifier, it's never due to Amodu's input.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by comechop(m): 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2008
vichel:

You did not watch the match, so shut up!!, the Nigerian team that played yesterday had no freakin spine. Nobody is saying loosing to columbia is cause for alarm, but the way u loose is what matters. The columbian team had no cuttin edge, if it was a very good team that played the eagles yesterday, they would have rained goals. What is ur point with the goalie?, did he play?, oh the reason why the eagles played badly is because we took an untested goalie?, and they were all scared in their mind that if ejide gets hurt, there is no good backup!, I don't blame the players, although they had no fighting spirit, but i blame the coach, everybody knows amodu is a safe coach, who would never think outside the box. We do not want safe coaches, we want coaches who reads an opponent and develop a game plan to tackle them, not a coach who plays 9 men in the back and 1 upfront hoping for magic to happen. AMODU IS GOOD, BUT ONLY FOR AN ARMATURE TEAM!!!

No need to get mad at pie1lect, you boys are pretty much sayin the same thing. and my 2 cents, its pointless to watch any naija FRIENDLY on tv, esp against columbia. i am a die hard naija football fan, but to watch those yeye friendlies, its no point cos i'll just get mad fo no reason.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by vislabraye(m): 6:10pm On Nov 20, 2008
Game was such a bore, i wished i had slept cry. Those guys have no fighting spirit, no team work, poor ball sence. Although there were some players who did quite well, it wasnt enough.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by opuro(m): 11:06am On Nov 22, 2008
love my country,
love football
but cant imagine me watching SE at 3 am

chelsea for life joo!!!!! cool
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by pie1ect(m): 6:27pm On Nov 22, 2008
@Vichel

shocked Take life easy, man. You could hurt yourself with all that anger.
I think Amodu has done well so far, winning all his qualification matches and trying to establish his own philosophy. Every coach has a philosophy and Amodu's has worked up until now. I'm very sure we will qualify for the world cup.
let me ask you this - When we were playing 'attractive' football, we were losing wc qualification to the likes of Angola. So if we are now playing more cautiously and not losing as much, why would you want to revert back to something which hasn't worked in years?
We have this idea that because we've got so many attacking players in the team, we should be playing an attacking formation each game, but it doesn't work like that. The best coaches know this and they adapt their teams to meet the challenge at hand.
If this Nigerian team wins the nations Cup or whatever playing boring football, nobody will be crying. I agree there are more attack-minded coaches who may or may not get the Super Eagles playing nice football and winning, but we don't know that for sure. Amodu has done well so far, give the man a chance and cool down on the anger.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by steven5: 4:58pm On Nov 23, 2008
It was a sure win for columbia but not a trouncing win. They managed to escape with a lone goal victory. Not too bad for old dear super eagles.
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by ikeyman00(m): 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2008
amodo hmm as for me no comment!

by now he should have rotational players just like england coach for each match. i thi nk one should be cocern that each time there is a match, if the big boy arnt around, the team flops.

very very concerned i think u should be nevermind those time yobo has to bail-out nigeria in the qualifin, to be honest i think sasia should be the man, no nonesense and straight up man i think
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by Xtranoble: 9:21pm On May 30, 2010
Pls who is this big eyed guy with No 19 jersey
Re: Super Eagles Of Nigeria (0) Vs Columbia (1) by Iyineda(m): 9:32pm On May 30, 2010
Dude. You are confused. This thread is 2 years old. But to answer your question, No 19 = Haruna Lukman.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

French Embassy Grants Nigerian Scrabble Team Visas / Osimhen Equals Mertens' Napoli Goal Record Of 3 Straight Games In Europe / Mikel Obi Acquires N35m Bentley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.